Brown's shopping Haden

phildadon86

Reaction score
Any interest from our side? With the injuries to our rooks maybe a change of scenery and a top tier corner could help us. Thoughts? What would you give up for him if interested?

Sydla

Reaction score
Haden isn't as good as he once was. Probably still better than what we have.

I wouldn't give up much for him. He carries a big cap number this year and next year but I seem to recall there is language in his contract that would allow a team an out after 2017. But I could be wrong on that.

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong. The "out" is after the 2018 season. So Cowboys would be on the hook for $30MM or so the next two years.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Haden isn't as good as he once was. Probably still better than what we have.

I wouldn't give up much for him. He carries a big cap number this year and next year but I seem to recall there is language in his contract that would allow a team an out after 2017. But I could be wrong on that.

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong. The "out" is after the 2018 season. So Cowboys would be on the hook for $30MM or so the next two years.

Too rich for my blood. Good info. and post though.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Browns always seem to need a QB to look at...so Kellen Moore....
But here is an unpopular opinion, would Cooper Rush be a possibility. Just Kidding...

Swanny

Reaction score
I would for the right price.
1. Haden
2. OScan
3. Brown
4. Lewis
5. Awuzie

I like that. But since trades don't happen often in the NFL that is just wishful thinking and bringing out my Madden playing years out in me

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Haden has struggled thus far. He isn't what he once was.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if this would be another "buying a draft pick" deal, similar to what they did with Osweiler?

Maybe Cleveland 'eats' a portion of his contract in order to fascilitate a trade for a better draft pick?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
isn't he one of the I don't want to play football that much guys?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
No. Still owed $32.9 million over the next three years.

Only $4M of that is guaranteed this year. The team that trades for him can easily renegotiate his deal to make it much more cap friendly.

It all depends on the asking price.

Haden is better than any CB we have. Winning (at a reasonable cost) should always be the priority.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only if he plays DB, LB and DE. :p

On a serious note...I imagine that after the early part of the season is over, the idea of him being here would not sound bad but I hope the Rooks starting showing up before the season is over.

erod

Reaction score
Yes.

Cleveland still has the signing bonus attached to them. If they're willing to take on some of that salary, then I think a change of scenery, especially THAT scenery, could jumpstart him again.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
isn't he one of the I don't want to play football that much guys?

I imagine Cleveland could do that to a player. I would also imagine a fresh start somewhere else might completely change that attitude...that is if he is one that actually said that or insinuated that in the first place.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he wants to play for a contender enough to make the deal work (and I can see that being a possibility here) I'd love it. But that's a big if.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I imagine Cleveland could do that to a player. I would also imagine a fresh start somewhere else might completely change that attitude...that is if he is one that actually said that or insinuated that in the first place.

I maybe mistaking the player but I thought read that from mary joe cabot?? in the Cleveland plain dealer in the spring or this summer, not exactly sure.