Brown's shopping Haden

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
If he wants to play for a contender enough to make the deal work (and I can see that being a possibility here) I'd love it. But that's a big if.

lets hope he stays out of NY and Philly. They both need corner help also.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I guess the Browns need the money to pay Osweiler his guaranteed $16M for doing nothing. Or maybe Cleveland is addicted to drafting top 5 every year. We got Kizer, who needs defense! Cleveland doing everything it can to compete with the Jets for that top pick. Sorry Cleveland, Jets have an ace in the hole which not even Cleveland can match: start Hackenberg.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

******. This is me being stupid. I get Haden and Thomas confused for no good reason.

I keep thinking Thomas is interested in playing for a contender. He's the one I'd be interested in.

Sydla

Reaction score
I guess the Browns need the money to pay Osweiler his guaranteed $16M for doing nothing. Or maybe Cleveland is addicted to drafting top 5 every year. We got Kizer, who needs defense! Cleveland doing everything it can to compete with the Jets for that top pick. Sorry Cleveland, Jets have an ace in the hole which not even Cleveland can match: start Hackenberg.

Frankly, it makes sense to move Haden if you are the Browns.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You may be able to restructure his deal in order to get a trade done. The guy would be an upgrade and maybe a change of scenery does him some good.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Right...but this will be how the posts will go....2 different ways....

If he comes to Dallas...
Wow, great move we need him...as well we will get....Wow, dumb move we needed a DE...

Wow, Jerry you blew it, you are dumb, this guy SUCKS...

If he goes to another team....especially Patriots, Eagles, Giants, Commanders...
Wow, great move by those teams... as well.... Wow, dumb move by us not getting him....

Wow, Jerry you blew it, we could have had him, those are smart teams....

visionary

Reaction score
Only $4M of that is guaranteed this year. The team that trades for him can easily renegotiate his deal to make it much more cap friendly.

It all depends on the asking price.

Haden is better than any CB we have. Winning (at a reasonable cost) should always be the priority.

Interesting
Didn't know about the guaranteed part

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

If he comes to Dallas...
Wow, great move we need him...as well we will get....Wow, dumb move we needed a DE...

If he goes to another team....especially Patriots, Eagles, Giants, Commanders...
Wow, great move by those teams... as well.... Wow, dumb move by us not getting him....

Trying always beats not trying in my book.

Trading for Haden would be trying to get better and trying to contend this year. My only critique would be if the Cowboys gave up too much in the trade.

Zordon

Reaction score
Wold not anyone...:muttley:....
You'd have to be wired like Joe Thomas not to lose a little motivation after this many years in Cleveland.

Idk man it just feels like if we don't do something drastic with this defense then we're kidding ourselves about a Super Bowl or NFC title this year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It all depends on the asking price.

Haden is better than any CB we have
. Winning (at a reasonable cost) should always be the priority.

Setting aside that he's missed 14 games the past 2 seasons, that's debatable. He's not the player he used to be - he's just paid like it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Trying always beats not trying in my book.

Trading for Haden would be trying to get better and trying to contend this year. My only critique would be if the Cowboys gave up too much in the trade.

we have extra picks next year if they wanted to go that route. The other issue is who makes it to gameday and if you bring in Haden and can get him up to speed in a few weeks does he take Carroll's job and then allow chido to play a multiple role of s/cb.

If they did something like this they would do it with the intent on playing him. On the roster it would be
Scandrick, Brown, Carroll, Haden, Chido, Lewis with Lewis inactive on gameday and then when carroll is suspended haden could take that spot.

Just thinking out loud here but I don't think this team likes veterans like this that cost a draft pick.

visionary

Reaction score

If he comes to Dallas...

I would recommend reading the post by Chris in Arizona

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
More importantly I just in the Cleveland paper that they are looking to trade Cameron Erving. He can play center and guard and is only owed 1.3 million.

This would seem like more of purposeful trade. Assuming he is athletic enough to play the style Dallas plays which I am not sure of off the top of my head.

A trade for him would either solidify backup guard or move looney or give us two looney's on gameday.

Roster could be:
Smith/Cooper/Frederick/Martin/Collins
Looney/Green/Erving

Erving or looney would be inactive on Gameday assuming Green is healthy enough to dress and be the swing tackle.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Frankly, it makes sense to move Haden if you are the Browns.

Makes a lot of sense if you have already written off this year and are looking forward to maybe winning sometime in the future. And, frankly, if it makes a lot of sense to move Joe Haden, it probably makes sense to move Joe Thomas too if you are the Browns. Today's flashing blue light special at your Cleveland Kmart: two Joes for sale. Make offer.