Browns Watson settles 20 lawsuits

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The Ben Roethlisberger suspension has the most similarities to Watson's situation. He was suspended 6 games, which was reduced to 4. That was 2010. Quite a bit has changed since then and obviously Watson has many more accusations to his name.

Yeah even Big Ben problem (not that the number should matter) was not at this level.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Who cares?

Why are we holding a person's employer responsible for discipline? We have a criminal justice system. This is so stupid. Player X does something dumb and they deal with it legally and take their punishment. That should be the end of it. Why is the league punishing them too? ****.

Because it is a profession where image and perception matter to some extent. There are other businesses where this alleged behavior may not warrant discipline from within to the accused employee. Of course there are also business that would just cut ties with a person facing these accusations.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think if there was any mistake in what Cleveland did, it was to assume Watson is an elite QB. I'm not so sure.

dcstar

Reaction score
The guy is a sexual predator. He should be banned for life. Just because the NFL cares more about money then doing the right thing doesn't change a thing. The guy is a blight on the human race. Football be damned.

Go Cowboys!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think if there was any mistake in what Cleveland did, it was to assume Watson is an elite QB. I'm not so sure.

True for as many fans here who say stats dont matter show me the wins..he is the poster child for this statement.

conner01

Reaction score
True for as many fans here who say stats dont matter show me the wins..he is the poster child for this statement.
Hard to judge a QB by wins and loses when they were on a bad team. His stats are elite, his W/L record isn’t good. Stafford is an example of a guy who couldn’t win on a crappy team but could on a good team. Now that he’s won a SB on a roster probably 15 QB’s could have won on, he’s considered a top QB
The fact is stats are more accurate in proving a player is good than W/L record when it comes to a team sport

plymkr

Reaction score
The Fan was saying that a report came out 4 days ago that the league was close to annoucing a major suspension soon, they think its still gonna be a year of no Watson. we will see i guess.
Good. I hope they announce the suspension sooner than later so the matter can be settled and everyone can move on and stop talking about it. I also hope if they plan to suspend KJ they do it sooner than later so we know what his availability is.

Swagger

Reaction score
Hard to judge a QB by wins and loses when they were on a bad team. His stats are elite, his W/L record isn’t good. Stafford is an example of a guy who couldn’t win on a crappy team but could on a good team. Now that he’s won a SB on a roster probably 15 QB’s could have won on, he’s considered a top QB
The fact is stats are more accurate in proving a player is good than W/L record when it comes to a team sport
I agree with a lot of the above except that probably 15 QB's could have won the Superbowl with that roster last season. For a start it wouldn't include Prescott - had he attempted the clutch no look pass on 3rd down in the 4th quarter he would have ended up throwing the ball to Jerry in the stands :lmao2:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The guy is a sexual predator. He should be banned for life. Just because the NFL cares more about money then doing the right thing doesn't change a thing. The guy is a blight on the human race. Football be damned.

Go Cowboys!
Someone should have sic'd Chris Hansen on that guy.
He seems like he totes would have fallen for a kid seducing him via online.
He'd show up with a thong and whipped cream...
Not visualizing... ohmmm... ohmmm...

Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Someone should have sic'd Chris Hansen on that guy.
He seems like he totes would have fallen for a kid seducing him via online.
He'd show up with a thong and whipped cream...
Not visualizing... ohmmm... ohmmm...

Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.

that certainley should have been a "To yourself" thought..lol

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
that certainley should have been a "To yourself" thought..lol
I hang my head in shame.
I type things to be funny and then have to keep them out of my head because of the vulgarity.
Without truly being vulgar!
I have a bad, bad talent.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dont think they can use last year as he was paid basically he and the Texans agreed he should sit the bench.
Wondering if it will factor at all?
If he gets a season or 2 suspension
That would be 2 to 3 years out of football.
Wonder how the Browns would handle that?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I hang my head in shame.
I type things to be funny and then have to keep them out of my head because of the vulgarity.
Without truly being vulgar!
I have a bad, bad talent.

Hey its better than having no talent!!!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Wondering if it will factor at all?
If he gets a season or 2 suspension
That would be 2 to 3 years out of football.
Wonder how the Browns would handle that?

I think 1 year maybe 1.5 but i think they planned on it, gave him 45 mill up front said go clean up your mess and we will see you next year.