Browns Watson settles 20 lawsuits

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Would you feel that way if one of them was your daughter or granddaughter?
Ill be honest with you, I havent paid any attention to a lot of the details in this thing, BUT, I do know one of these woman was a massage therapist that was flown across the country to give watson a "Private Massage." If my daughter did that.... Id have to question her intelligence if she thought the man was actually just wanting her to rub his back.

Creeper

Reaction score
You are making huge assumptions here. What makes you think investigators will believe every woman? How many prosecutors filed charges?

I am not making assumptions. I wrote, "if they conclude these women are telling the truth ". As far as prosecutors filing charges, they didn't file charges in Zeke's case either and he still got suspended 6 games. Making a legal case and the NFL offices drawing a conclusion are two very different things. And remember, prosecutors originally decided not to charge Bill Cosby, only to try him later and convict him. Prosecutors in Watson's case may feel Watson is guilty but they don't believe they have enough evidence to convict him. Unlike in a trial court, the NFL doesn't have a reasonable doubt standard, nor do they have other standards of evidence. If they think he did it, Goodell has the power to suspend or ban him.

So again, my point is, IF they THINK he did it, then how could they let him back into the NFL considering the number of incidents - and reports are there may be 40 other women out there. Imagine these complaints trickling in a few at a time over and entire season. What a PR problem this would become for the league. And consider what happens if Watson loses his civil suits, just like Bill Cosby did. What if his civil suits drag out into next season after a 1 year suspension and then he loses 1 or more cases while he is playing football? How would this look to the league?

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
LOL I read that Watson started many of these massage sessions in the "happy baby" position - on his back naked with his ankles near his head and he tells the girl "Start right here". WOW

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I am not making assumptions. I wrote, "if they conclude these women are telling the truth ". As far as prosecutors filing charges, they didn't file charges in Zeke's case either and he still got suspended 6 games. Making a legal case and the NFL offices drawing a conclusion are two very different things. And remember, prosecutors originally decided not to charge Bill Cosby, only to try him later and convict him. Prosecutors in Watson's case may feel Watson is guilty but they don't believe they have enough evidence to convict him. Unlike in a trial court, the NFL doesn't have a reasonable doubt standard, nor do they have other standards of evidence. If they think he did it, Goodell has the power to suspend or ban

I'm very well aware of the difference between criminal court, civil court, and the NFL. BUT, since you brought up Cosby, do you actually know and understand how they were able to try and convict him? Which happens to be the exact reason his conviction was thrown out.

Bottom line is Watson will be suspended, his legal team and the union are going to turn the tables on the league and embarass the nfl, and Watsons team did an AMAZING job at protecting their client. Pro athletes better get smarter in how they interact with woman. Admittedly, I haven't paid attention to all the details of his case, and honestly, I don't really care. No criminal charges were filed, so this is all about money moving forward.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm very well aware of the difference between criminal court, civil court, and the NFL. BUT, since you brought up Cosby, do you actually know and understand how they were able to try and convict him? Which happens to be the exact reason his conviction was thrown out.

Bottom line is Watson will be suspended, his legal team and the union are going to turn the tables on the league and embarass the nfl, and Watsons team did an AMAZING job at protecting their client. Pro athletes better get smarter in how they interact with woman. Admittedly, I haven't paid attention to all the details of his case, and honestly, I don't really care. No criminal charges were filed, so this is all about money moving forward.

It is about money and what a huge backlash from the public can do to the money....TV execs like stars but not as much as they dislike sponsors bailing out over public backlash...anything less than a year will bring immediate backlash to the sponsors. Who knows but should be interesting to see what happens.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It is about money and what a huge backlash from the public can do to the money....TV execs like stars but not as much as they dislike sponsors bailing out over public backlash...anything less than a year will bring immediate backlash to the sponsors. Who knows but should be interesting to see what happens.

Wait until all the keyboard warriors find out that they got the year suspension they wanted, but Watsons team outsmarted then all and his suspension means little more than a years paid vacation for him. Its PUNISHMENT they want. His suspension is only going to cost him 1 million or less. He should put up social media posts each week from a different exotic location during this suspension.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Wait until all the keyboard warriors find out that they got the year suspension they wanted, but Watsons team outsmarted then all and his suspension means little more than a years paid vacation for him. Its PUNISHMENT they want. His suspension is only going to cost him 1 million or less. He should put up social media posts each week from a different exotic location during this suspension.

Unfortunatley what accually happened probably matters very little at this point, its about what it will do to the money this enterainment product produces. No desicion moving forward will be based on what acually happened it will be about the money it brings or does not bring.

Creeper

Reaction score

Yes, I do understand the Cosby case, but my point is that prosecutors chose not to prosecute him originally. Not prosecuting the case does not mean the DA thought he was innocent. Cosby got off on a technicality after admitting he was guilty in a civil case. So while his conviction was thrown out is he guilty? Legally no, but if he was an NFL player how would Goodell decide his punishment? Guilty or innocent?

Again to my point, if the NFL concludes they believe the Watson accusers, like they did in the Zeke case, how do they ever let Watson play football in the NFL again? And if they don't think he is guilty then how can they suspend him?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, I do understand the Cosby case, but my point is that prosecutors chose not to prosecute him originally. Not prosecuting the case does not mean the DA thought he was innocent. Cosby got off on a technicality after admitting he was guilty in a civil case. So while his conviction was thrown out is he guilty? Legally no, but if he was an NFL player how would Goodell decide his punishment? Guilty or innocent?

Again to my point, if the NFL concludes they believe the Watson accusers, like they did in the Zeke case, how do they ever let Watson play football in the NFL again? And if they don't think he is guilty then how can they suspend him?

I won't keep going on the Cosby case, because so many simply don't have the depth of knowledge to discuss it....there was no "Technicality," as you call it.

The nfl is being used as the poster child to change society. Remember "Barker's Beauties?" How about a show on mtv in the 80s called THE MAN SHOW, Porkies, even the Classic movie Grease now looked at as glamorizing sexual assault.

The league should show down this process of expecting all men to be perfect angels. Huge difference between illegal, and morally unacceptable IMO.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I won't keep going on the Cosby case, because so many simply don't have the depth of knowledge to discuss it....there was no "Technicality," as you call it.

The nfl is being used as the poster child to change society. Remember "Barker's Beauties?" How about a show on mtv in the 80s called THE MAN SHOW, Porkies, even the Classic movie Grease now looked at as glamorizing sexual assault.

The league should show down this process of expecting all men to be perfect angels. Huge difference between illegal, and morally unacceptable IMO.

The one thing i will say is every player signs up for it, and they get payed well to hold up thier end, they sign the "Moral" clause for the big payday.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I just want stupidity punished. For pete's sake you idiot, just hire someone to travel with you and do what you want instead of intimidating all of these women.

What an egotistical tool!

Creeper

Reaction score

Okay. You win. It wasn't a technicality. He was convicted because he admitted to the assault under oath in a civil trial, but it turns out he had immunity when he testified. But because he had immunity the judge overturned the conviction and release him from prison. I just thought it was easier to say "technicality", especially since this is not a central point to my previous argument.

GMO415

Reaction score
21 had one allegation. This guy has over 20 and he's expected to play? Yeah, no biasness here ....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I just want stupidity punished. For pete's sake you idiot, just hire someone to travel with you and do what you want instead of intimidating all of these women.

What an egotistical tool!

Sure he has an ego, because he's NEVER treated like the rest of us. Blame society for creating all of these people.. the Beyonce, jlo, Brad pitt, all of them are created by us.

Motorola

Reaction score
I think the initial ruling will be anything between 12 games to a full season. Perhaps it gets appealed down to 10-12. I can't see how the final number is anything less than 10.
It should be a 1 year suspension at a minimum IMO.

Think they will appeal and knock it down but the NFL can't bury this story.
If they're smart they'll go over a year, knowing he will appeal regardless, and then make it a year after the appeal.

Watson will be out another year and the NFL will look like it cares.
What the league should do is put him on an indefinite suspension, just like they did to Falcons WR Calvin Ridley. That automatically includes the entire 2022 season - therefore Watson would not be able to appeal.