Bruce Campbell

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is he going to be the guy who randomly shows up in the top ten and throws the entire draft off?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
bruce-campbell.jpg

This guy?

ghst187

Reaction score
CATCH17;3282752 said:
Is he going to be the guy who randomly shows up in the top ten and throws the entire draft off?

goodness i REALLY hope so because I don't want him anywhere near out 27 pick. He seems like a colossal bust to me.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'm hoping he slides down to us and we "GROOM" him for 2-3 years..

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3282790 said:
I'm hoping he slides down to us and we "GROOM" him for 2-3 years..

Bruce Campbell
T, Maryland
War Room analysis
Run blocking: Is not dominant, but uses quickness to reach defenders and control them. Tends to struggle to be bend knees and gain proper leverage; doesn't get a great push off the line. Is best at creating seal blocks. Will stop moving feet upon contact, and does not drive defenders off the line. Is a finesse blocker; lacks nastiness. Plays to whistle. Grade: 8.0

Pass blocking: Among the best. Has prototypical size and strength; is effective against bull rushers. Uses athleticism and quick footwork to dominate speed rushers. Shows fluid hip movements to counter secondary moves. Could struggle against shorter speed rushers unless he improves ability to bend knees. Must improve hand punch; needs to be more violent and jolting. Grade: 8.0

Initial quickness: Should be effective, if not dominant. Is good at getting on defenders when firing off the snap. Shows speed to reach linebackers and box out safeties on the second level. Gets set quickly in pass protection, before defenders can take second or third step. When misses with hands, shows the agility to recover in time to protect his QB. Is smooth. Grade: 8.0

Strength: Can be dominant at point of attack, but must use strength more often. Must learn how to use his ability; when he does, could become a top tackle in run and pass blocking. Must play with a mean streak and intimidate defenders on every play. Has huge upside. Should be able to build his frame to be even stronger. Grade: 7.5

Mobility: Is elite. Works well in the open field; gets downfield to make blocks for big gains. Knows when to release from defenders to lead on screen passes. Must improve on getting pad level down to keep safeties from getting around him. Must learn not to get his feet too close together on open-field blocks. Has uncanny speed but raw fundamentals. Grade: 9.0

Bottom line: Campbell, a junior, is among the draft's most athletically gifted players regardless of position. He should make an immediate impact. He is at his best in setting the edge in pass protection and is sound in run blocking. Campbell will need seasoning. Overall, he struggled to stay on the field in college because of nagging injuries and sometimes lost his focus, but his upside makes him a definite first-round pick with the talent to become a regular Pro Bowl participant if he continues to improve.
BRUCE CAMPBELL MEASURABLES
Height: 6-7 Weight: 310
40-yard dash: 4.90

Reaction score
hes either the best OT in the league 3 years from now, or out of the league 3 years from now. No in between.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3282826 said:
hes either the best OT in the league 3 years from now, or out of the league 3 years from now. No in between.
So he might not be second best?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3282826 said:
what?:laugh2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We will probably pick him if he is there. He is the perfect fit for us because of his massive upside.

All the guy needs is technique and he just seems like the guy who shows up out of nowhere that gets drafted higher than everyone is predicting.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The thing about a guy like this is that you just don't know if he lacks focus or simply bored. These types of players are what seperates the good scouts from the great ones.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Bryan Baluga will be that guy........book it.

The Realist

Reaction score
Besides off the field legal issues this guy has every red flag you can think of.

Give me the overachieving self-starter type please.