Twitter: Brugler: Confidence Cowboys will sign QB Matt Linehan as UDFA

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Can we just try to land a blue chip QB for once? It's been damn near 30 years since the Cowboys have invested a high pick on the QB position. We're always trying to find some diamond in the rough on the most important position on the field.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
I agree; but I also think the Cowboys could have their long term backup in Cooper Rush. If Linehan and Rush have pretty much the same skill set; let's keep working with Rush, who lit up the preseason last year.

Of course, if the Cowboys hit on both Rush and Linehan, there's trade value there. Getting a late round pick for an undrafted project is a good deal.

Rush is better than the third string QB that is currently starting.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The only thing that would please me about that would be not wasting a draft pick on a third string QB.

The pick would compete with Rush for #2. Which would be a good thing.

Dak should be taken as evidence for the value of churning mid round QBs. A starter is hugely expensive. Hitting on a mid rounder is an immense win. We've got a young guy now who had his moments in preseason. Let's keep em coming.

3 on the roster at all times sounds good to me.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak played great for a year and a half and then Zeke and Tyron got taken away and the offense went in the toilet. Now some are saying they hate Dak? I think you all are just racists. Dak is a good QB so get over it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So is it truth that Zeke sucks too? Since he was terrible last year too.
Yep, he is terrible until he starts being good again. I hope he comes into camp in shape this year and is ready to go in game 1. Joseph Randle stats isn't going to cut it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Linehan looks decent, especially, for an UDFA. However, et's just not a good look b/c there would be bias. DAL have several options at QB3 they visited wit.

DAL keep Kellen Moore longer than necessary b/c of favoritism, just not wanting to see that crap again.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Can we just try to land a blue chip QB for once? It's been damn near 30 years since the Cowboys have invested a high pick on the QB position. We're always trying to find some diamond in the rough on the most important position on the field.

So, just for the record, we should move up to the top of the draft and take one of these QB's? Which one is worth giving up this year's first, next year's first and probably a second and maybe more?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Rush is better than the third string QB that is currently starting.

Except for the fact that you have NOTHING to base that on. A little success against scrubs somehow makes Rush better than Dak?

I mean, if we are going to go on scouting reports...maybe you should look at Rush's from last year.

WEAKNESSES
Frumpy body with very little muscular definition. Does not look the part. Slow, plodding setup in the pocket. Throws from narrow platform and generates very little drive on his throws from lower half. Lollipop arm strength allows ball to hang in air too long. Defensive backs with twitch have time to dart into passing lane and make interceptions despite a good read by quarterback. Struggles to challenge tight windows in middle of the field. Could be limited to timing-based passing attacks. Unable to make sudden getaways from pocket due to lack of athleticism. Strong pocket push from interior short circuits his plans.

SOURCES TELL US
"He played in the MAC, not the SEC. If he made some of those throws against NFL cornerbacks and safeties they turn into pick-sixes. He's a great kid, he's smart, but he falls below the minimum standard for arm strength." - Area scout for AFC team
NFL COMPARISON
Kellen Moore
BOTTOM LINE
His body type and lack of functional arm strength will immediately make him a draft reject on some team's boards, but that could be a mistake. Processes as quickly as any quarterback I've studied over the last five years and has the anticipation and accuracy to counter his lack of velocity. Mental makeup and consistency of production make him a legitimate NFL roster candidate.