Brugler: Cowboys “really like” Zaven Collins

stilltheguru

Reaction score
IMO he's surprisingly fluid and moves well for a dude that big.
His movement skills are much better than LVE but I'm not going to argue with anybody about it. I said what I had to say and I want him at 10/12/31, whatever spot.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Collins looks really smooth in coverage. His biggest problem IMO was that Tulsa coaches treated him like a normal G5 linebacker, blitzing him and keeping him in 5 yard short zones because they didn't trust him to cover in space.

Collins killed it in the assignments he was asked to do. You're not going to see much tape him of him playing deep zone or carrying guys in man up the sideline, but his athleticism and the skill he showed in simpler coverages suggest that he'll be able to project forward to NFL schemes.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Reaction score

cnuball21

Reaction score
Collins looks really smooth in coverage. His biggest problem IMO was that Tulsa coaches treated him like a normal G5 linebacker, blitzing him and keeping him in 5 yard short zones because they didn't trust him to cover in space.

Collins killed it in the assignments he was asked to do. You're not going to see much tape him of him playing deep zone or carrying guys in man up the sideline, but his athleticism and the skill he showed in simpler coverages suggest that he'll be able to project forward to NFL schemes.

Agreed...I’d also hope we’d limit the amount of times any of our LBs have to carry a WR/TE down the field.