Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. New York Jets: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson*
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU*
3. Cincinnati Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

4. Dallas Cowboys: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
If the Cowboys have a chance at Sewell, I don’t think they pass on him. But if he is off the board (like in this scenario), that leaves two options: trade down or take the top defensive player available. This draft class lacks a no-brainer top defender like Chase Young a year ago, but Farley is an ascending cornerback with size, speed and ball skills.

5. Los Angeles Chargers: Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama*
6. Carolina Panthers: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State*
7. Philadelphia Eagles: Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
8. Washington Football Team: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
9. Detroit Lions: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
10. Atlanta Falcons: Gregory Rousseau, edge, Miami (Fla.)
11. Miami Dolphins (from Houston): Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama*
12. Denver Broncos: Derion Kendrick, CB, Clemson*
13. Minnesota Vikings: Kwity Paye, edge, Michigan
14. Chicago Bears: Rashawn Slater, OT/G, Northwestern
15. New England Patriots: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida*
16. San Francisco 49ers: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
17. Las Vegas Raiders: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame*
18. Baltimore Ravens: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC*
19. New York Giants: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
20. Arizona Cardinals: Azeez Ojulari, edge, Georgia*
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Joseph Ossai, edge, Texas*
22. Miami Dolphins: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa*
23. Indianapolis Colts: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
24. Cleveland Browns: Jayson Oweh, edge, Penn State*
25. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Los Angeles Rams): Christian Darrisaw, OT/G, Virginia Tech*

26. New York Jets (from Seattle): Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan*
27. Tennessee Titans: Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri*
28. Buffalo Bills: Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State*
29. Green Bay Packers: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
30. Kansas City Chiefs: Landon Dickerson, OG/C, Alabama
31. New Orleans Saints: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

Xavier187

Reaction score
I think in this scenario we could move back to the Dolphins and take there 2 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder so they can take WR in Chase from LSU.
Still get Surtain at 11
Wyatt Davis at 22

In the 2nd
Rodarious Williams CB
and
Taderall Slaton NT Florida

This would go along way in the rebuild stage
You can have Awuzie and Robinson at FS js

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd hope we could move down and still get a really good defensive prospect. No reason to pick there unless he's a slam dunk starter.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, but Sewell and Lawerence are the ONLY players worthy of other teams giving up major capital to move up. Just don't there will be a lot of interest from teams wanting to move up for the 4th overall pick.

Carson

Reaction score
Just me, but Sewell and Lawerence are the ONLY players worthy of other teams giving up major capital to move up. Just don't there will be a lot of interest from teams wanting to move up for the 4th overall pick.

QB hungry teams may want that spot. QBs are going 1-2. If they can land Fields, Wilson or Lance there it’s a good spot to jump up

HungryLion

Reaction score
If you can't trade out of the pick, this is a terrible year for the Cowboys to be picking Top 5. LOL.

If Fields or Wilson is available when the cowboys pick. I feel confident somebody will want to trade up and take one of them.

Of course. If fields is available when the cowboys pick. Like this mock. And the cowboys pass. This board will implode.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I’ll take him but I hope we entertain the idea of trading up to have a chance on Lawrence. I mean the Chiefs traded a 1st and 3rd and next year 1st to go from 27 to 10 with the Bills to get Mahomes. Granted Mahomes didn’t have all the fanfare that Lawrence has but still we should see what the Jets would take. I just looking at this from financial standpoint. Trying to keep the emotions out of it because I like Dak.

Bigdog

Reaction score
If Fields or Wilson is available when the cowboys pick. I feel confident somebody will want to trade up and take one of them.

Of course. If fields is available when the cowboys pick. Like this mock. And the cowboys pass. This board will implode.
I wouldn’t. Like I said in the above post, Lawrence would be the only qb that I would take. If not I am going with Dak. I think he is better than all of them except Lawrence.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I wouldn’t. Like I said in the above post, Lawrence would be the only qb that I would take. If not I am going with Dak. I think he is better than all of them except Lawrence.

I am fine with keeping Dak FWIW. Just saying there is gonna be some unhappy posters on this board if they pass on Wilson or fields. Lol

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I honestly don't know much about Farley, but from what I do know I would hate this. Unfortunately, I also don't trust the Cowboys FO to get adequate compensation if they move back. It's a double edge sword.

I'm on record not being a huge Parsons fan, but I'd take him over Farley at #4.

bodi

Reaction score
Parson
then my number two pick would take Wilson

cjlopez

Reaction score
Regarding Lawrence...no way in Hell! Jets wil not trade out so you can forget about that. And it's not like Dallas will get the 2nd pick either. Like I said in another thread all this become reality as soon as the Cowboys sign Dak. If they sign him than they can go into the Draft with a good grocery list of players to pick. I think trading down and getting a extra second would be great. Maybe a LB and or CB and OG in the first three round. That would go a long way in helping our talent level.I don't believe that their is no talent ..the problem is that we haven't seen a real college season so that is why many players have not gotten the publicity as per a regular season. I actually like this players I the first 50 picks and hopefully we can have a shot at them if we could somehow trade down for an extra 2nd Round pick.

If they don't sign DAK than all the below goes out the window if they want to draft Wilson.....I don't think when it all said and down that he will go Top 5. I do see him going between 6-15 the Questions is who will take him? If QB go 1 and 2....I can see Carolina taking him /Washington/Minnesota. The Question remains would Dallas take a QB if DAK hasn't been signed to a new deal. As much as I like DAK and he has a lot of supporters....Dallas can't go into the season with no DEAL....it would be the biggest mistake in history. So either he signs or Dallas has to think ahead.

IF DALLAS WOULD TRADE DOWN - IF THEY SIGN DAK BEFORE DRAFT
Chase WR: We trade Cooper and plug in Chase WOW!!!!!
Parsens LB / Farley / Surtain: Defensive HELP. One of these can be Dallas....it's there - it's nota dream
Wilson. QB. IF Dak doesn't sign you have to think about it.
Rousseau DE. Possible if we trade down
Horn CB. Later in the 15-20 range. see above
Davis OG. 20-30 I LOVE this GUY!!!! Forget the Connnor and McGovern Experience!!!!

GIVE ME SOME POINTS.

cristglo

Reaction score
Farley reminds me of a player we once had in MO. I would pass on him he is a good players but he is injury prone and we already have to many of that kind of player on the team.