Brugler mock 1.0 11/30/20

cjlopez

Reaction score
The transition to the NFL is hard than it seems. I would want to go some where that I atleast know someone.
It means alot. Someone to help explain things and make them feel more comfortable.
Makes loads of since
Do you think Childo is resigned next year? I doubt Lewis resigns, the way Dallas has not used him correctly I don't see any reason why he would resign. The thing about it...it probably will get on some highlight tapes next season. That guys is just a ball players, but those are the thing with DB......hard to keep them for more than 4 years unless they prove their worth. He might just become a DB who signs 1-2 year contracts for the rest of his career. Which is not bad.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The transition to the NFL is hard than it seems. I would want to go some where that I atleast know someone.
It means alot. Someone to help explain things and make them feel more comfortable.
Makes loads of since
Diggs has a brother in the nfl and he still played bad this year. Either youre ready or you aren't. I just dont see this bpnafide star some of you see in Surtain besides his name and school. Hes not fast, isnt a ball hawk, isnt twitchy.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Do you think Childo is resigned next year? I doubt Lewis resigns, the way Dallas has not used him correctly I don't see any reason why he would resign. The thing about it...it probably will get on some highlight tapes next season. That guys is just a ball players, but those are the thing with DB......hard to keep them for more than 4 years unless they prove their worth. He might just become a DB who signs 1-2 year contracts for the rest of his career. Which is not bad.

I dont think Awuzie is a CB. If he is Slot at best. But with Brown signed to that stupid contract. Ugh.

I could see him brought back and givin a chance at FS.. he plays the ball really well when the action is in front. Height is kinda of an issue when playing against TEs. But he does have ball skills.

So I would give it a 45% chance he resigns.
It will depend on the Fat man.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Diggs has a brother in the nfl and he still played bad this year. Either youre ready or you aren't. I just dont see this bpnafide star some of you see in Surtain besides his name and school. Hes not fast, isnt a ball hawk, isnt twitchy.

Did he play bad?
Js.
He learned as he went. Brother isn't there on this team. He is in Buffalo. Two different postions.
But Diggs showed signs on the up. Before that injury.
So when you play the odds on how many players from college make it and not. Its pretty wierd when you also account to how fast they pick up a play book.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I love Farley. He has everything it takes to be a stud CB in the NFL. I hate the idea of taking a guy in the top-10 who's coming off an ACL tear though, and he has a history of back issues too. IMO picking BPA becomes more important when you pick near the top and unfortunately this is a horrible year to be needing defense. If we can't have Sewell, which player would impact this team the most? Parsons? Surtain? No one wants to take a TE in the first, much less in the first third of day one, but what if Pitts is Travis Kelce? I'm not saying he should be the guy, but damn.

I've also gone down this train of thought. Scary. if Best player available by far is TE and QB.

Xavier187

Reaction score

O he is gonna sign a long term deal.
The fact the Jones are involved is key.
They stick with him not matter after his injury.
Brings his price down just alittle and it'll be 6 years.
Why wouldn't he?
His arguments of anything what so ever will always be countered with oline injurys and retirement.
The argument will be mut.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Some interesting calls by Bruger, but I put alot of worth in his opinion. He seems very high on some of the CB's. Farley and Surtain in the top 5. Highest I have seen Kendrick. What is interesting though is that he only has 4 in the first
In Dane we trust.

I say this not only because Dane has helped me out a lot over the years (with my thesis at Michigan State, a football analytics course I just took, and draft stuff in general) and is a genuinely good dude, but he's also the best in this business.

Draft "analysts" are usually scouts or information gatherers (same can be said about NFL scouting departments). Some are really good at one, and maybe not so great at the other. Dane is equally talented in both categories.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
O he is gonna sign a long term deal.
The fact the Jones are involved is key.
They stick with him not matter after his injury.
Brings his price down just alittle and it'll be 6 years.
Why wouldn't he?
His arguments of anything what so ever will always be countered with oline injurys and retirement.
The argument will be mut.
Dak will not sign a long-term deal before the draft

baltcowboy

Reaction score
1. New York Jets: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson*
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU*
3. Cincinnati Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

4. Dallas Cowboys: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
If the Cowboys have a chance at Sewell, I don’t think they pass on him. But if he is off the board (like in this scenario), that leaves two options: trade down or take the top defensive player available. This draft class lacks a no-brainer top defender like Chase Young a year ago, but Farley is an ascending cornerback with size, speed and ball skills.

5. Los Angeles Chargers: Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama*
6. Carolina Panthers: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State*
7. Philadelphia Eagles: Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
8. Washington Football Team: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
9. Detroit Lions: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
10. Atlanta Falcons: Gregory Rousseau, edge, Miami (Fla.)
11. Miami Dolphins (from Houston): Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama*
12. Denver Broncos: Derion Kendrick, CB, Clemson*
13. Minnesota Vikings: Kwity Paye, edge, Michigan
14. Chicago Bears: Rashawn Slater, OT/G, Northwestern
15. New England Patriots: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida*
16. San Francisco 49ers: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
17. Las Vegas Raiders: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame*
18. Baltimore Ravens: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC*
19. New York Giants: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
20. Arizona Cardinals: Azeez Ojulari, edge, Georgia*
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Joseph Ossai, edge, Texas*
22. Miami Dolphins: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa*
23. Indianapolis Colts: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
24. Cleveland Browns: Jayson Oweh, edge, Penn State*
25. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Los Angeles Rams): Christian Darrisaw, OT/G, Virginia Tech*
26. New York Jets (from Seattle): Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan*
27. Tennessee Titans: Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri*
28. Buffalo Bills: Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State*
29. Green Bay Packers: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
30. Kansas City Chiefs: Landon Dickerson, OG/C, Alabama
31. New Orleans Saints: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
If that is how the draft turns out we should draft Justin Fields. Franchise quarterback over a cornerback any day of the week, twice on Sundays.

cjlopez

Reaction score
If that is true. You would have to sign and trade Dak and draft a quarterback.
If Dak doesn't sign a long term contract with Dallas...I could see them Franchise him again....ask him to find a deal out there and trade him. The problem is when does this happen. If it happens after the Draft it kind of narrow the teams who might trade for him since some will Draft a QB. The teams not picking high will than have to decide since they didn't get one of the top 5 QB. Some teams in this situation are: Saints, Indy, Patriots, Chicago ( few top of my head). I don't think Jets nor Jacksonville will say....trade us Dak for #1....Not going to happen. Possible but not realistic. Dak is coming off and injury and why would you trade 5 years of Rockie deal for 5 years of 200 million. So are we ready for Dak to be traded to a team mentioned above? That's the Question.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't sign a long term contract with Dallas...I could see them Franchise him again....ask him to find a deal out there and trade him. The problem is when does this happen. If it happens after the Draft it kind of narrow the teams who might trade for him since some will Draft a QB. The teams not picking high will than have to decide since they didn't get one of the top 5 QB. Some teams in this situation are: Saints, Indy, Patriots, Chicago ( few top of my head). I don't think Jets nor Jacksonville will say....trade us Dak for #1....Not going to happen. Possible but not realistic. Dak is coming off and injury and why would you trade 5 years of Rockie deal for 5 years of 200 million. So are we ready for Dak to be traded to a team mentioned above? That's the Question.
The more I see numbers like 5 years 200 million the more I get pushed into the draft quarterback camp. Wentz,Cousins and Goff have killed the quarterback market.

cnuball21

Reaction score
In Dane we trust.

I say this not only because Dane has helped me out a lot over the years (with my thesis at Michigan State, a football analytics course I just took, and draft stuff in general) and is a genuinely good dude, but he's also the best in this business.

Draft "analysts" are usually scouts or information gatherers (same can be said about NFL scouting departments). Some are really good at one, and maybe not so great at the other. Dane is equally talented in both categories.

He’s my favorite in the business. I’m surprised to see he has Surtain so high but let’s see how it all shakes out. I’m very anxious to see how he runs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just me, but Sewell and Lawerence are the ONLY players worthy of other teams giving up major capital to move up. Just don't there will be a lot of interest from teams wanting to move up for the 4th overall pick.
In this scenario, they have Fields still there at 4.
I could see someone trading up for him.