Brugler Mock 11/22/17

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hell no...the guy can't run. What is it with this place wanting LBers that can't run...and likes to tackle too high and grab ankles? if that is his highlite reel...I can't even imagine how bad this guy is. No thanks.o_O

You are one weird dude, Floaty.

KDM256

Reaction score
SEC Championship game is this weekend and will keep a close eye on how well Roquan Smith perform this Saturday. I know he's a tackling machine but would see how well he moves in coverage. If he passes the test, I'll start the Roquan Smith bandwagon up from now till draft day.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hell no...the guy can't run. What is it with this place wanting LBers that can't run...and likes to tackle too high and grab ankles? if that is his highlite reel...I can't even imagine how bad this guy is. No thanks.o_O
Who can't run?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
6-1 225lbs. Hmmmmmmm
I gotta see more and he definately can put on weight but that worries me.

Linebackers generally need to be 15-25 lbs heavier than running backs. So they can sustain the wear and tear and absorb the collisions.

I'm don't know enough about him to say yay or nay. Does anyone have more insight?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Hearing a lot of hype about this guy but I don’t see it. He makes a ton of shoe string tackles and doesn’t seem to anticipate much. He’s more of a read and react linebacker, which I guess fits Marinelli’s scheme, but I don’t want to run that anymore. He looks a lot like what we already have and I fear that at that size, Jaylon would stay at Mike instead of playing Will like he should. Smith definitely needs to beef up his upper body, NFL linemen are going to eat him alive.

Good player, but I don’t think he’s a high level “impact” player.

Mind you, all of this is based on a few highlight vids. I haven’t seen him play live much at all, so I could be wrong in some of these assessments.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hearing a lot of hype about this guy but I don’t see it. He makes a ton of shoe string tackles and doesn’t seem to anticipate much. He’s more of a read and react linebacker, which I guess fits Marinelli’s scheme, but I don’t want to run that anymore. He looks a lot like what we already have and I fear that at that size, Jaylon would stay at Mike instead of playing Will like he should. Smith definitely needs to beef up his upper body, NFL linemen are going to eat him alive.

Good player, but I don’t think he’s a high level “impact” player.

Mind you, all of this is based on a few highlight vids. I haven’t seen him play live much at all, so I could be wrong in some of these assessments.

Just watched the SEC Championship...Roquan Smith ILB Georgia was all over the field....but I will still stand by statement. The guy isn't a sideline to sideline LBer. I see a guy that has one gear....and that's going forward. Ask him to drop and cover....and the guy just isn't getting the depth needed to play in a cover 2 in the NFL. Your asking for trouble if you think the guy is a 3 down LBer.:rolleyes: