Bryan Broaddus on fourth pick

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Money doesn't make sense for a RB that high. If someone can address that concern then I'll buy Elliott at 4.

I get that he looks like Gayle Sayers at certain points, has natural hands, and knows how to block.

I don't blame him from refraining from commenting on the QBs. Wise man.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus: I think that Ramsey is worth the fourth pick. I certainly think Myles Jack is worth the fourth pick. I'll go one further; I think Ezekiel Elliott is worth the fourth pick. If you try to draw me offsides with a quarterback, I don't think so.

I've been saying this for months.... he's absolutely rite, the reasons are ten fold.

From a low quality QB Draft year, to less than caliber Collegiate aspects, on to bad draft value of QB, then to other talented positions being superior, furthermore to immediate need and even depth in the later rounds of the 2016 Draft at the QB position...ect. ect..

Last edited:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Money doesn't make sense for a RB that high. If someone can address that concern then I'll buy Elliott at 4.

I get that he looks like Gayle Sayers at certain points, has natural hands, and knows how to block.

Why does money not make sense?

kazzd58

Reaction score

WHO Cares about the money is what im screaming...... are you trying to win or not?

robjay04

Reaction score
I've been saying this for months.... he's absolutely rite, the reasons are ten fold.

From a low quality QB Draft year, to less than caliber Collegiate aspects, on to bad draft value of QB, then to other talented positions being superior, furthermore to immediate need and even depth in the later rounds of the 2016 Draft at the QB position...ect. ect..

I think we should get used to every draft from here on out having only a couple prospects. Colleges just do not produce NFL QBs like in the past. Last season had two QB prospects, the year before had a few first round caliber prospects (Carr, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater) but still only one was taken in the top 20 picks. The 2013 draft was a disaster for QBs.

The point is, we are not even going to see a draft "deep" at QB and we will see a lot of questionable prospects.

kazzd58

Reaction score
And 2 stop trying to do what everyone else do because no one else will spend a 4 on a rb.. i need to be in in somebody front office boy i got an eye for this and COMMON SENSE

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I think we should get used to every draft from here on out having only a couple prospects. Colleges just do not produce NFL QBs like in the past. Last season had two QB prospects, the year before had a few first round caliber prospects (Carr, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater) but still only one was taken in the top 20 picks. The 2013 draft was a disaster for QBs.

The point is, we are not even going to see a draft "deep" at QB and we will see a lot of questionable prospects.

That's why I think you take Wentz or Goff this year if they feel either one is franchise worthy.

robjay04

Reaction score
I agree.

I'm just getting the vibe that they do not.

It's going to be a defensive player.

Maybe but my vibes have been wrong in the past. Last year Jones was predictable, Martin was not predictable...my vibes were that we were going defense especially since we just lost Ware and Hatcher. Fredericks wasn't predictable...Claiborne came out of nowhere. Hard to really trust your "vibes".

Say the Cowboys came out and said "we are taking a QB" to anyone, that may entice a team to jump over us to make sure they get their guy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe but my vibes have been wrong in the past. Last year Jones was predictable, Martin was not predictable...my vibes were that we were going defense especially since we just lost Ware and Hatcher. Fredericks wasn't predictable...Claiborne came out of nowhere. Hard to really trust your "vibes".

Say the Cowboys came out and said "we are taking a QB" to anyone, that may entice a team to jump over us to make sure they get their guy.

Oh no question, they aren't going to say they're going to take a QB. They're far better off saying they won't.

But I think the odds are still less than 50/50 that they do.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score

I agree. I'm not ruling out any pick no matter what smokey, cryptic, double-speak is coming from the Jones' and the mediots.

robjay04

Reaction score
Oh no question, they aren't going to say they're going to take a QB. They're far better off saying they won't.

But I think the odds are still less than 50/50 that they do.

I think if the Browns trade for Kaep, those percentages may be more like 70/30. I think we take Wentz if he is there but we may pass on Goff.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why does money not make sense?

4th pick will get $24MM guaranteed money.

Cowboys have been very clear about how they will not pay a lot of money at the RB spot because that position takes a punishment and has a huge injury risk. They refused to go above $12MM guaranteed for Murray and $14MM guaranteed for Lamar Miller. It seems unlikely that they would then do a 180 and give a rookie TB $24MM guaranteed.

So it's not so much about how they feel about Elliott............ it's that they seem pretty clear they don't want to invest a lot of money in a position they think is risky and taking a TB at 4 would be doing exactly what they said they wouldn't do.

robjay04

Reaction score
4th pick will get $24MM guaranteed money.

Cowboys have been very clear about how they will not pay a lot of money at the RB spot because that position takes a punishment and has a huge injury risk. They refused to go above $12MM guaranteed for Murray and $14MM guaranteed for Lamar Miller. It seems unlikely that they would then do a 180 and give a rookie TB $24MM guaranteed.

So it's not so much about how they feel about Elliott............ it's that they seem pretty clear they don't want to invest a lot of money in a position they think is risky and taking a TB at 4 would be doing exactly what they said they wouldn't do.

Or have they been clear that they don't want to invest in a back that has already taken punishment? Big difference between making an investment on a four year vet or a rookie. Especially if Elliott is projected to have a lot more talent than the mentioned backs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree.

I'm just getting the vibe that they do not.

It's going to be a defensive player.

Maybe but they are slowly filling those " needs" in FA and a QB has eluded them. I still think you see Weddell, Carol and Long all here by next weekend. They are supposedly still talking with Carroll, I think they bite in Long after his visit. He will get a Mincey level deal IMO and Weddells doesnt seem to have much of a market. None of these are particularly exciting, but it checks those boxes in there eyes. Doesnt stop them from a Ramsey or a Bosa though, but it probably makes them more comfortable looking at QBs

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Exactly contract would be similar to what Miller just received

And were we anywhere near signing Miller?

Again we are talking about the Cowboys and what they are going to do and what they have done. They aren't signing a rookie for more than they wouldn't pay the reigning OPTY.