Video: Bryan Broaddus talks Dallas Cowboys OTAs, Trey Lance vs Dak Prescott & Ezekeil Elliott

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Why are we even talking Trey vs. Dak? This isn’t even a thing. He’s trying to win the QB2 job (which sucks for Rush as he’s been a pros pro). But there is no QB comp between Trey and Dak. I do find it encouraging that Dak is helping Trey develop as he can offer solid advice and guidance to a young QB. I can have my issues with Dak and still want to move on but it’s nonsense to think there is a competition at this point.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Overall thought is this is a perfect example of modern content creators needing to put something out based on nothing. We can't tell anything about anyone yet, but especially the OL. They haven't even hit yet, not one snap.

But that said, Tyler Smith was always going to play somewhere because they play first round picks here and he was very talented. But one thing nobody mentions is that McGovern was a pretty darn good player. He got a nice contract from a perennial conference contender. So no wonder he wasn't immediately benched for the rookie. He was a far different player from Edoga, who is first ballot in the Spare Hall of Fame.

I'm not worried about Mike Solari keeping a better player on the bench. That isn't going to happen. Coaches don't want to play inferior players.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There is no Trey Lance vs Dak Prescott. Dak is our QB1 and not in competition with anyone for that job. Trey is competing with Rush for QB2,
Man…it started the day they traded for Lance.

Everyone knows.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I agree with Broaddus, Guyton, Beebe and Lance need as many quality reps as they can get. We need to know what they can handle, and we need to know now. We didn't use those quality draft picks to bring these guys along slowly. First team reps for Guyton and Beebe, and the entire preseason for Lance.
Yes.

All three are starters.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Why are we even talking Trey vs. Dak? This isn’t even a thing. He’s trying to win the QB2 job (which sucks for Rush as he’s been a pros pro). But there is no QB comp between Trey and Dak. I do find it encouraging that Dak is helping Trey develop as he can offer solid advice and guidance to a young QB. I can have my issues with Dak and still want to move on but it’s nonsense to think there is a competition at this point.
8)

There is a big reason why Dak didn’t get anymore mega millions.

Lance.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So did Jimmy Johnson. But once again you deflect. Fact is no one hired him to be a scout after BP fired him; that says it all
But did he want to get back into being a scout. He went into the media, probably more money, less travel as well.
We do not know all the circumstances. Maybe it was his choice. Just as Will McClay made the choice, each year to stay hear and not take an actual GM position elsewhere.

However, I do not believe he was as good of a scout as some may think. He seems to be wrong about many players Dallas brought in, or drafted.
He always seems to have 1 or 2 players he harped on, and was usually wrong. He hit on a few, but most fans already knew at the same time if they seem to be good or not.

What Broaddus was very good at, was reporting during TC, on what actually happened on the field as he kept his analysis about the player to a minimum.
Of course he does not do that anymore, or not much. I don't listen to the show much, but I should to hear his thoughts and opinions now to know if what he says sounds reasonable.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You have no idea what it says.
Never hired again at the job BP fired him at? You can try and deflect as much as you want; does not matter. Did ANY team hire him for anything?

rambo2

Reaction score
Never hired again at the job BP fired him at? You can try and deflect as much as you want; does not matter. Did ANY team hire him for anything?
You don't know what you are talking about. You are just talking. Do you ever watch the Draft show?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did he want to go back to being a scout? We do not know this. He got into reporting. People do and are allowed to change carriers.