Bryant Impressing Browns

tyke1doe

Reaction score
mperfection said:
This is perhaps the shortest, most-straight forward and down-to-earth statement that I have read on the Bryant trade. I can't believe some of the fans on this board are so soft-minded as to believe that the "confrontation" between Parcells and Bryant could not have been worked through. The maturity that we're seeing was forecaste by others before he was traded. This trade was definitely one of Parcell's worst personnel moves ever. And we are already feeling the sting of getting the short end of the stick in this trade. Not only did we give up a first round talent at 2nd round expense in Bryant, but now we have a 7th rounder replacing the first rounder that we got for him. Go figure!!

This kid will be absolutely spectacular before it's over. I really hope he enters free agency and we can take a shot at him again.

Sigh.

Let me say this one more time. I don't care how talented a player you are. If you're arguing with your coaches about coming out of a game and you deliberately don't come out when the formation doesn't warrant you in the line up, you've got to get rid of such a player.

This is reportedly what Antonio Bryant did. He didn't like the fact he was called out of the game and refused to take himself out costing the Cowboys a timeout.

He may go on to be all world, but you just don't get rid of tempers and defiance like that. I wish he would have worked out too. But I understand the reason he got traded.

Good riddance, I say.

Let's assume the Browns and Cowboys meet in the Super Bowl.

I betcha Parcells and the defensive staff would tell their defensive backs to play bump coverage with Antonio Bryant, frustrate him and even needle him.

I guarantee we'd be able to provoke him into a penalty. And that's how you deal with players like AB. When you have a short fuse, you're easily exploited.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Some people here just don't want to face reality. AB is just like TO, Moss, etc- except no where near as talented. HEAD CASE. TROUBLE. TEAM CANCER.
good riddance.

mperfection

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Sigh.

Let me say this one more time. I don't care how talented a player you are. If you're arguing with your coaches about coming out of a game and you deliberately don't come out when the formation doesn't warrant you in the line up, you've got to get rid of such a player.
This is reportedly what Antonio Bryant did. He didn't like the fact he was called out of the game and refused to take himself out costing the Cowboys a timeout.

He may go on to be all world, but you just don't get rid of tempers and defiance like that. I wish he would have worked out too. But I understand the reason he got traded.

Good riddance, I say.

Let's assume the Browns and Cowboys meet in the Super Bowl.

I betcha Parcells and the defensive staff would tell their defensive backs to play bump coverage with Antonio Bryant, frustrate him and even needle him.

I guarantee we'd be able to provoke him into a penalty. And that's how you deal with players like AB. When you have a short fuse, you're easily exploited.
Let's test your "knowledge" of football history, o.k. And I'll try not to go back too far lest I be accused of being assinine myself.

Here we go: In the 1994 season, the Philadelphia Eagles played S.F. at (then) Candlestick Park. In a scene which is now being used as a poster child for that 49er's team, after it was clear (at least to the Head Coach) that Philadelphia had put the game beyond reach (they went on to win 40-8, in case you were wondering) the Head Coach (George Seifert) elected to withdraw his quarterback from the game, whose competitive juices, however, had not yet waned. The competitor in him wanted to keep fighting. Once on the sidelines--in a nationally-televised game mind you, the otherwise straight-laced, honey-mouthed quarterback went on an expletive-laced tirade aimed at--guess who??--the head coach and eventually had to be restrained.

If we follow your "logic" about being confrontational with the head coach, then it seems to me that STEVE YOUNG should have been waived before the clock struck midnight that Sunday night. After all, at that point in the season, the 49er's had yet to hit their stride which eventually landed them the Lombardi trophy the following January, and so whose to say that after that thorough butt-kickin by the Eagles their season wouldn't have tanked anyway? Simply cut your losses with your never-can-win-the-big-one quarterback and waive him for being "confrontational" with the head coach. Ohh, I forgot, we're talking Steve Young vs. err, Antonio Bryant, right? For your sake, I hope Antonio Bryant doesn't turn out to at least as good as Jimmy Smith if not better.

Was he immature? Yes. Does this necessarily make him an uncontrollable trouble maker? No. Should we have kept him? Without question. Will we regret trading him? Ditto!

mperfection

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
What about that post is revisionism? :confused:
It is revisionist because of the effort by the writer to exaggerate the circumstances to create a perception that Bryant was an incurable troublemaker. It was nothing more than a confrontation between Parcells and a player. Parcells has admitted himself that he has had "worse" confrontations with players in the past.

DBoys

Reaction score
Give it time guys players like Bryant and Owens can't stay consistent they show you flashes of something then bleed you dry on that glimpse. Once Braylon gets more playing time and starts owning Bryant will start whining like a little baby.

He is a cancer

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
AB was an arrogant fool! Good riddance!

No revisionist history needs to happen - was was an A-HOLE to the max and we got what we could get - another "Q".

The AB lovers are probably the same Quincy Carter lovers. AB should have taken you with him.

mperfection

Reaction score
DanTanna said:

No revisionist history needs to happen - was was an A-HOLE to the max and we got what we could get - another "Q".

The AB lovers are probably the same Quincy Carter lovers. AB should have taken you with him.
Another waste of cyberspace. :puke:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
According to Dale, AB was frequently complaining that he wanted to get more catches so he can cash in on his next contract. And several of Quincy's key interceptions were due to Antonio freelancing routes and dragging his defender into the path of the ball. It wasn't just a 1 time thing. Antonio has had run ins and blow ups with every coach he's ever had. Walt Harris, Dave Campo, Bill Parcells. It will happen again in Cleveland.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
DanTanna said:

actually i despised quincy yet always liked AB, there goes your theory.

Parcells should have been the one traded.

mperfection

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
According to Dale, AB was frequently complaining that he wanted to get more catches so he can cash in on his next contract. And several of Quincy's key interceptions were due to Antonio freelancing routes and dragging his defender into the path of the ball. It wasn't just a 1 time thing. Antonio has had run ins and blow ups with every coach he's ever had. Walt Harris, Dave Campo, Bill Parcells. It will happen again in Cleveland.
Not necessarily. Even if it does, let's see if Crennel is as knee-jerk as Parcells was. The kid is still growing up - and yes, one day (very soon) he will be all grown up!

mperfection

Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
actually i despised quincy yet always liked AB, there goes your theory.

Parcells should have been the one traded.
Nova, I don't know if I agree with that one, but it's funny anyway! :laugh2:

ThornWithin81

Benched
Reaction score
mperfection said:
Son, don't get involved in adult conversations. Please - move on!

Adult?

DanTanna put it pretty clearly. AB was a complete ***. He said that Keyshawn and himself could not co-exist on the team, and Key is the better talent. Although I wish we would have gotten more in return (or at least a pick instead of Quincy Morgan), there is no question in my mind that trading Bryant was a good thing. I don't care if he becomes a probowler alongside Braylon Edwards.

I agree with Dan that the people who are talking about Bryant as if he were a 10 time probowler we traded for dirt, are probably the same people who think we should have kept guys like Reshard Lee and Quinthy Carter.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
mperfection said:
This is perhaps the shortest, most-straight forward and down-to-earth statement that I have read on the Bryant trade. I can't believe some of the fans on this board are so soft-minded as to believe that the "confrontation" between Parcells and Bryant could not have been worked through. The maturity that we're seeing was forecaste by others before he was traded. This trade was definitely one of Parcell's worst personnel moves ever. And we are already feeling the sting of getting the short end of the stick in this trade. Not only did we give up a first round talent at 2nd round expense in Bryant, but now we have a 7th rounder replacing the first rounder that we got for him. Go figure!!

This kid will be absolutely spectacular before it's over. I really hope he enters free agency and we can take a shot at him again.

It totally facetious to think that it was all based on the confrontation. Where the hell have you guys been over the past two days. If you read some of Dale's posts and watch the kid when he played for us you can see why he had to leave. he wasn't ahppy here and he was bound and determined to make sure the Cowboys were going to lose on the field.

DID YOU ALL GET THAT??? He was going to make your favourite team lose games by running the wrong routes, leading defenders into the play for interceptions, blow timeouts on the team, talk about getting more money in the locker room and to top it off disrespect the coach openly on the field in front of other players and coaches.

Nova Cowboy, Devman, Everlasting, Starman and all others who can't move on, AB was not about the team and if you want to support a guy like that then find a team stocked with Owens, Moss, Jeff George, and similar. Parcells isn't building that kind of team here.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
mperfection said:
Let's test your "knowledge" of football history, o.k. And I'll try not to go back too far lest I be accused of being assinine myself.

Here we go: In the 1994 season, the Philadelphia Eagles played S.F. at (then) Candlestick Park. In a scene which is now being used as a poster child for that 49er's team, after it was clear (at least to the Head Coach) that Philadelphia had put the game beyond reach (they went on to win 40-8, in case you were wondering) the Head Coach (George Seifert) elected to withdraw his quarterback from the game, whose competitive juices, however, had not yet waned. The competitor in him wanted to keep fighting. Once on the sidelines--in a nationally-televised game mind you, the otherwise straight-laced, honey-mouthed quarterback went on an expletive-laced tirade aimed at--guess who??--the head coach and eventually had to be restrained.

If we follow your "logic" about being confrontational with the head coach, then it seems to me that STEVE YOUNG should have been waived before the clock struck midnight that Sunday night. After all, at that point in the season, the 49er's had yet to hit their stride which eventually landed them the Lombardi trophy the following January, and so whose to say that after that thorough butt-kickin by the Eagles their season wouldn't have tanked anyway? Simply cut your losses with your never-can-win-the-big-one quarterback and waive him for being "confrontational" with the head coach. Ohh, I forgot, we're talking Steve Young vs. err, Antonio Bryant, right? For your sake, I hope Antonio Bryant doesn't turn out to at least as good as Jimmy Smith if not better.

Was he immature? Yes. Does this necessarily make him an uncontrollable trouble maker? No. Should we have kept him? Without question. Will we regret trading him? Ditto!

Your "football logic" sucks, frankly.

First, Young didn't rip off his uniform and toss it at Steifert.

Second, Young went up to Steifert and apologized that day. And went before the press, admitted he was wrong and apologized to the fans for his outburst.

Third, while Young needed to be pulled away, security wasn't involved.

NOW, show me the simularities between a man humble enough to admit to both his coach and the fans he screwed up, and that brat nicknamed AB.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
mperfection said:
Not necessarily. Even if it does, let's see if Crennel is as knee-jerk as Parcells was. The kid is still growing up - and yes, one day (very soon) he will be all grown up!

Knee jerk would have been to cut the guy on the spot. He gave AB another chance (like he hadn't had any before), and AB still acted like a child. He'll blow up again in Cleveland. Its inevitable. He's got a short in his brain wiring. And when he does, Crennel will get rid of him just as quickly, if not sooner.

ThornWithin81

Benched
Reaction score
davidyee said:
It totally facetious to think that it was all based on the confrontation. Where the hell have you guys been over the past two days. If you read some of Dale's posts and watch the kid when he played for us you can see why he had to leave. he wasn't ahppy here and he was bound and determined to make sure the Cowboys were going to lose on the field.

DID YOU ALL GET THAT??? He was going to make your favourite team lose games by running the wrong routes, leading defenders into the play for interceptions, blow timeouts on the team, talk about getting more money in the locker room and to top it off disrespect the coach openly on the field in front of other players and coaches.

Nova Cowboy, Devman, Everlasting, Starman and all others who can't move on, AB was not about the team and if you want to support a guy like that then find a team stocked with Owens, Moss, Jeff George, and similar. Parcells isn't building that kind of team here.

:clap2: