News: BST: Former Scout: Cowboys Didn't Do Homework on Paul Alexander

Falco78

Reaction score
There are so many areas at fault it is impossible to point finger in one direction. You have the GM for allowing a crappy HC to stay employed this long, you have a crappy HC that refuses to adjust to anything, you have an OC that is predictable as can be, you have a QB coach that was not even a semi decent player, we have an OL coach fired and it does appear he never would have fit well (not sure if that was a GM or HC call), you have an OL without the best center in the game, you have no #1 WR for half the season, you have no suitable replacement for Witten or even someone that woud have been worthy of holding his jock, you have a QB that has missed some routine throws. I place the blame on our GM as it vary well could be the HC which a GM allowing that for this long is insanity at its worst...

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
"This was a move that wasn't gonna work and it's not all his fault. It's got injuries issues -- it didn't fit the philosophy. They didn't do their homework."

That is what former scout and NFL personnel man Chris Landry of LandryFootball.com told Newy Scruggs on NBC Sports Radio as to why Paul Alexander was doomed from the start with the Dallas Cowboys.

The team fired him during its bye week, just seven games into his stint as the Cowboys' offensive line coach.

"Paul's a good coach. Paul doesn't really fit what they schematically tried to do. So, in not knowing the game at the highest level, this is where you can make mistakes. You end up hiring a guy who doesn't fit what you want to do. It doesn't make any sense."

Click here to listen to the interview. We start talking about Alexander's firing at the 15:26 mark.

Continue reading...

-

Cowboys!!
Perhaps they did their homework but got the wrong answers!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How many posts have you made complaining about whiners and haters? Not many.
Most of my posts are about posters like you and the rising sun. I spent most over 20 years of my life in the Marines. I had to deal with many different types of people from all over the country in a leadership role. I wasn’t an officer. I retired as a GySgt. I’ve seen 6’ 240 lb guys quit on a 24 mile force march while a 98 lb female Marine finished gung ho. It’s all about character. It’s all about how you are raised. It’s all about intestinal fortitude. I don’t want to be dodging rounds coming down range with the 6’ 240 lb quitter. I’d die for the 98 lb WM. I’ve went to battle with both types. I despise quitters. They are losers and endanger me and everyone else. They can go to hell.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
"This was a move that wasn't gonna work and it's not all his fault. It's got injuries issues -- it didn't fit the philosophy. They didn't do their homework."

That is what former scout and NFL personnel man Chris Landry of LandryFootball.com told Newy Scruggs on NBC Sports Radio as to why Paul Alexander was doomed from the start with the Dallas Cowboys.

The team fired him during its bye week, just seven games into his stint as the Cowboys' offensive line coach.

"Paul's a good coach. Paul doesn't really fit what they schematically tried to do. So, in not knowing the game at the highest level, this is where you can make mistakes. You end up hiring a guy who doesn't fit what you want to do. It doesn't make any sense."

Click here to listen to the interview. We start talking about Alexander's firing at the 15:26 mark.

Continue reading...
Cowboys!!
Go Google Bruce Coslett and Frank Verducci. Then you will know why hiring Alexander was another stupid Dallas Jonesboys decision.

Its ironic both 2002 and 2016 involved Hudson Huack.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Most of my posts are about posters like you and the rising sun. I spent most over 20 years of my life in the Marines. I had to deal with many different types of people from all over the country in a leadership role. I wasn’t an officer. I retired as a GySgt. I’ve seen 6’ 240 lb guys quit on a 24 mile force march while a 98 lb female Marine finished gung ho. It’s all about character. It’s all about how you are raised. It’s all about intestinal fortitude. I don’t want to be dodging rounds coming down range with the 6’ 240 lb quitter. I’d die for the 98 lb WM. I’ve went to battle with both types. I despise quitters. They are losers and endanger me and everyone else. They can go to hell.

1. We are posting on a message board. Fans criticizing the team isn’t quitting.

2. If our military lost battles at the same rate that Garret loses games. We would be in serious trouble and probably speaking German or Japanese right now.

I haven’t served myself, but the family members I have that did serve were also big on accountability and not accepting failure. I would imagine that’s a big part of military culture also.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You cant make this stuff up.
It's like going into a car dealership s and coming out with a 2 door coupe when you have 5 kids....actually its not like that at all
It's like trading a #1 and 3 for Roy Williams...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
1. We are posting on a message board. Fans criticizing the team isn’t quitting.

2. If our military lost battles at the same rate that Garret loses games. We would be in serious trouble and probably speaking German or Japanese right now.

I haven’t served myself, but the family members I have that did serve were also big on accountability and not accepting failure. I would imagine that’s a big part of military culture also.
Quitters will always be quitters. It doesn’t matter what walk of life.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
What does this have to do with you calling everybody that doesn't agree with you or see things your way a hater? Absolutely nothing. I've seen you call someone a hater that was literally the only word you posted. I quoted you and said they raised valid points. You said it was still whining. By saying that you concede it was valid and you just can't accept it. Isn't that a quitter?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What does this have to do with you calling everybody that doesn't agree with you or see things your way a hater? Absolutely nothing. I've seen you call someone a hater that was literally the only word you posted. I quoted you and said they raised valid points. You said it was still whining. By saying that you concede it was valid and you just can't accept it. Isn't that a quitter?
I don’t call everyone who disagrees with me a hater so quit your lying.

Dre11

Reaction score
Not that it's a tell-all stat, but Cincy has allowed 16 sacks this year, which is tied for 21st in the league. We've allowed 23.

Cincy's passing offense is 15th. It's rushing offense is 24th, but averages 4.4 yards per carry. (We average 4.9, but Dak skews that stat some.)

Cincy also is 10th in points per game.

Maybe that's players overcoming a poor line, but it would seem to me that those numbers show that the line is playing pretty well.

In 2017, the Bengals gave up 40 sacks for the year and finished 28th in passing. Rushingwise, it was 31st and averaged 3.4 ypc. It was 26th in points per game.

Their OL stinks, period...lol

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Whichever way you choose to phrase it, I disagree with it. And it's entirely "uncommon" to fire an assistant coach 7 weeks after you've hired him. Other teams in the league do NOT operate the way that the Cowboys do, therefore there's nothing common about it.

Quit adding things to my post. where did I mention any time frame for firing assistant coaches? All I said was that firing an assistant coach is often done even though the team's problems are more the fault of the head coach. THAT'S ALL I SAID.

I'm not replying to any more of your comments on this, plainly you don't respect anybody'd opinion but your own...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quit adding things to my post. where did I mention any time frame for firing assistant coaches? All I said was that firing an assistant coach is often done even though the team's problems are more the fault of the head coach. THAT'S ALL I SAID.

I'm not replying to any more of your comments on this, plainly you don't respect anybody'd opinion but your own...

I'm not disrespecting you or your opinion, I'm just disagreeing. Don't take it personally.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This is obviously a shot at Jerry that hits its mark. But Garrett is covered in Jerry’s blood splatter, given that the move was apparently made on his recommendation.
Yea - this is a shot at JG, not Jerruh.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Continue reading...

-

Cowboys!!

So, in not knowing the game at the highest level, this is where you can make mistakes.

This is the quote that describes both Jones and Garrett perfectly. And its why they are such a bad combination together. They are both football idiots when it comes to the real nuances of the game.