News: BST: Former Scout: Cowboys Didn't Do Homework on Paul Alexander

plymkr

Reaction score
It's beyond embarrassing to have to fire a guy you hired 7 games ago. Especially damning when he was in charge of the strength of your team.

That sort of thing should be the final nail in a head coach's coffin when you have a resume like Jason Garrett.
Jason Garrett has a resume? Like a football resume? That's news to me.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
When you fire a guy midseason in his first year, it really goes without saying that his hire was a mistake, doesn’t it?

That's true, but then the question becomes, "why was he hired in the first place?"

Answer.....according to this article...…..the Cowboys didnt do their homework and didnt realize he would not be a good fit.

Then that begs the question, "why did the team not do their homework"

Answer..…..either too lazy, too incompetent, or too arrogant.....either way, not a good look for the team botching its core strength, its OL.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
As a note this was 100% a Scott Linehan call or so we have been led to believe.

Scotty better not be making any large purchases, I hear he is the next sacrificial lamb in the pasture before we get to the sacred cow in the barn.;)

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Well once I learned his philosophy...I didn’t understand why he was brought here? This is an “athletic line” not a power one. That’s not even a argument,it’s just a common fact,and why some linemen protested this from the get go in off-season. I wish we had heard about them voicing their discontent much sooner than just recently. I seriously don’t understand the staff and FO on that decision. It makes no sense at all. “Yeah,I know this is a car,and it’s built for handling...but I’m going to put Ford-F150 tires on it,and see if it can be used as a truck.”

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
It's beyond embarrassing to have to fire a guy you hired 7 games ago. Especially damning when he was in charge of the strength of your team.

That sort of thing should be the final nail in a head coach's coffin when you have a resume like Jason Garrett.

JG has a resume. that a lol.