Video: BST: Garrett Feels Pressure to Make Coaching Change

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett Feels Pressure to Make Coaching Change

Newy_on_Cowboys_Coaching_Change.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys fired first-year offensive line coach Paul Alexander and promoted Marc Colombo to the position on Tuesday. NBC 5 Sports Director Newy Scruggs explains why head coach Jason Garrett felt the pressure to make the change during the bye week.

Read Full Story

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Completely revamping your entire receiving corps except for The Beaz Man and you don't have the foresight to see you should have made Columbo the offensive line coach with former offensive line coach Hudson Houck as a senior assistant instead of bringing in an outsider with a less than stellar track record ?

Dre11

Reaction score
Completely revamping your entire receiving corps except for The Beaz Man and you don't have the foresight to see you should have made Columbo the offensive line coach with former offensive line coach Hudson Houck as a senior assistant instead of bringing in an outsider with a less than stellar track record ?

When will you peopledo your research. The dud Alexander was regarded as one of the best O line coaches in the league. He just was a bad fit here.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/6/...recognition-among-best-offensive-line-coaches

MCMetal69

Reaction score
When will you peopledo your research. The dud Alexander was regarded as one of the best O line coaches in the league.

His best attribute is as a teacher , which other than with Williams , is pretty much useless..............................The O-Line needs the offensive version of Marinelli as a defensive line coach : A motivator...................

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Dallas Cowboys fired first-year offensive line coach Paul Alexander and promoted Marc Colombo to the position on Tuesday. NBC 5 Sports Director Newy Scruggs explains why head coach Jason Garrett felt the pressure to make the change during the bye week.

Read Full Story

He's totally on the money with this. Enough already. Too much time, money and careers wasted with a guy who should never have been a head coach in the first place. He isn't, and never was qualified for the job he was gifted.

Sydla

Reaction score

Dre11

Reaction score
He was fired two years after that by Cincy.

And the Cowboys should have known his style would have been a bad fit.

They just fired a guy in less than a year and yet here you are still defending all of it. LOL.

Apparently they were changing schemes, isn't that what all you whiners wanted...lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s actually just mimicking the Jones boys.

Desperation is setting in. They know they can’t continue to make excuses and cover for Garrett much longer. Thats why they made the moves they did in the last week. They are desperate to salvage this season.

And I'm really good with that. I applaud them for realizing mistakes with the receivers and offensive line and doing something about it with Cooper and now Colombo.

But if they can't "salvage" this thing, Garrett needs to be fired. Hold this guy accountable for once, like they seem to hold everyone else accountable.

Reaction score

Read Full Story
He's exactly right.

8 years. 1 playoff win.

Horrible how low the bar is for him and many fans.

Sydla

Reaction score
And I'm really good with that. I applaud them for realizing mistakes with the receivers and offensive line and doing something about it with Cooper and now Colombo.

But if they can't "salvage" this thing, Garrett needs to be fired. Hold this guy accountable for once, like they seem to hold everyone else accountable.

I think these moves are a sign the vacation might be coming to an end soon if Garrett doesn’t put this team in the playoffs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think these moves are a sign the vacation might be coming to an end soon if Garrett doesn’t put this team in the playoffs.

That's what I'm thinking, and hoping. Accountability is long overdue for Jason Garrett.

Two other factors give me hope. He has Jerry so frustrated that the man can't even give post game press conferences. That's got to be killing him.

Secondly, save for a few suckers, there's no way that Jones can sell another year of Garrett if this team doesn't make the playoffs. None. You would be courting apathy and telling fans to find something else to do. Because bringing the guy back means it's about Jerry Jones and what he's comfortable with, and not winning.

Reactions: BAT

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
No issues with Columbo taking over. But the whole, "firing" is more front office scapegoating. That said, Columbo, needs to bring the mentality he had as a player to his coaching. The pancake run blocker. The dude took no prisoners in his approach to the O-line. It will be good to see some fire on their field, with a very underperforming offensive line to this point.