Video: BST: Garrett Feels Pressure to Make Coaching Change

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It is lame to say a coach felt pressured, he should be the one applying the pressure on his coaches to live up to a standard or else.

It is basically saying, I didn't want to get rid of him but I don't want to take the heat. Either he is producing or he should go.

Reactions: BAT

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No issues with Columbo taking over. But the whole, "firing" is more front office scapegoating. That said, Columbo, needs to bring the mentality he had as a player to his coaching. The pancake run blocker. The dude took no prisoners in his approach to the O-line. It will be good to see some fire on their field, with a very underperforming offensive line to this point.
Open lanes for our backs and give Dak a milosecond more to find a receiver and I'm all set with Marc Columbo and a returning Hudson Houk as a consulant.

cern

Reaction score
This move has Stephens stamp all over it. As his influence grows, he takes action when needed. It's about time.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Garrett Feels Pressure to Make Coaching Change

Newy_on_Cowboys_Coaching_Change.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys fired first-year offensive line coach Paul Alexander and promoted Marc Colombo to the position on Tuesday. NBC 5 Sports Director Newy Scruggs explains why head coach Jason Garrett felt the pressure to make the change during the bye week.

Read Full Story
I wish to extend my appreciation for being given, to access this posted link, although, While I am of no desire in this particular news worthy item,I did derive much enjoyment from the perusal of that video link further down the page OF that posted link about the "whacky,wavey,inflatable armed ,tube man" being forward deployed in the ever present battle in mankind's quest in thwarting the incessant ever ongoing assault of Turkey Buzzards continuous & unsightly crap streaming stains upon our great nations innumerable vertically erected water towers,,,,:thumbup:

Reactions: BAT

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Garrett Feels Pressure to Make Coaching Change

The Dallas Cowboys fired first-year offensive line coach Paul Alexander and promoted Marc Colombo to the position on Tuesday. NBC 5 Sports Director Newy Scruggs explains why head coach Jason Garrett felt the pressure to make the change during the bye week.

Read Full Story

Pressure should have been to dump Linehan. Instead, rectifying other poor choices takes the pressure off, and lets Linehan hamstring the offense for another half season.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He's totally on the money with this. Enough already. Too much time, money and careers wasted with a guy who should never have been a head coach in the first place. He isn't, and never was qualified for the job he was gifted.

I'm glad the media is starting to say things about Garrett. Here at the Zone we've been saying this all along. Not that the media has talked about Garrett we can all see the light and get Garrett canned once and for all.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least they are trying to make changes for the better.
Trade for Cooper, and is an instant upgrade to the offense.

Fire a coach for what was not working. Promote a coach that has paid his dues as an assistant. As well, bring in a familiar coach that has had success as a consultant / mentor.

so it isn't what many wanted as to changes, or trades. But it at least is something to make improvements if they work. Better than sitting there and do nothing. Especially for a division that we can still win.

I am ready fro next Monday night.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm glad the media is starting to say things about Garrett. Here at the Zone we've been saying this all along. Not that the media has talked about Garrett we can all see the light and get Garrett canned once and for all.

Lol...these things has been said by the media, it's their meal ticket. They've even went as far as getting Nick Saban's opinion a couple years ago, in which he he gave a good review of Garrett, Jerry or Stephen isn't making decisions based on the media....lol

Falco78

Reaction score
And I'm really good with that. I applaud them for realizing mistakes with the receivers and offensive line and doing something about it with Cooper and now Colombo.

But if they can't "salvage" this thing, Garrett needs to be fired. Hold this guy accountable for once, like they seem to hold everyone else accountable.
We need to hold our OC accountable too. My guess is he will take the next round of blame and JG will continue on here as Jerrah sips/slams some scotch and whiskey.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to hold our OC accountable too. My guess is he will take the next round of blame and JG will continue on here as Jerrah sips/slams some scotch and whiskey.

If he's tries that I'm taking 2019 off, and each year following until Garrett is gone. Enough is enough with this loser. He's wasted enough time, resources and careers in showing he's not head coaching material and that the picture in Jerry Jones' head is never coming true.

I wouldn't waste any more of my time on him and I would think a man of Jerry's age wouldn't any longer either.

I don't think Garrett survives another non-playoff campaign. He truly has no valid excuses for failure anymore.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Since when did the Jones cartel let Garret make football decisions other than game time clock management? Has something changed?

Falco78

Reaction score
If he's tries that I'm taking 2019 off, and each year following until Garrett is gone. Enough is enough with this loser. He's wasted enough time, resources and careers in showing he's not head coaching material and that the picture in Jerry Jones' head is never coming true.

I wouldn't waste any more of my time on him and I would think a man of Jerry's age wouldn't any longer either.

I don't think Garrett survives another non-playoff campaign. He truly has no valid excuses for failure anymore.
Yeah, but unfortunately he ran out of excuses years ago and he is still here. It is plain sickening.

LittleD

Reaction score
Garrett should put the spotlight of pressure on himself and then resign for the good of the team. He's too
self-centered to do that though.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Since when did the Jones cartel let Garret make football decisions other than game time clock management? Has something changed?
Even that aspect of the game has been atrocious this season, and has, so far cost us two winnable games on the schedule.