Video: BST: Garrett Feels Pressure to Make Coaching Change

Blackrain

Reaction score
And I'm really good with that. I applaud them for realizing mistakes with the receivers and offensive line and doing something about it with Cooper and now Colombo.

But if they can't "salvage" this thing, Garrett needs to be fired. Hold this guy accountable for once, like they seem to hold everyone else accountable.
I hear ya brother its very frustrating but the only guy that can hold him accountable seems unable to do it . Lets just hope at some point the strain is more than Jerry can bare

Sydla

Reaction score
Apparently they were changing schemes, isn't that what all you whiners wanted...lol

Changing passing concepts, etc.

Not wholesale changes in OL schemes. That was never something that fans demanded or wanted.

You aren't even being honest anymore when it comes to defending Garrett and the franchise.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was fired two years after that by Cincy.

And the Cowboys should have known his style would have been a bad fit.

They just fired a guy in less than a year and yet here you are still defending all of it. LOL.
They tried him and he didn't work out. Firing him now should be taken as a sign of progress. They admit they made a mistake with him......Baby steps.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is lame to say a coach felt pressured, he should be the one applying the pressure on his coaches to live up to a standard or else.

It is basically saying, I didn't want to get rid of him but I don't want to take the heat. Either he is producing or he should go.
He said Garrett felt pressure, either from outside or from within the organization. In other words, he has no idea what prompted the firing, and no idea if JG felt pressured from anyone. He's guessing.

JayFord

Reaction score
And I'm really good with that. I applaud them for realizing mistakes with the receivers and offensive line and doing something about it with Cooper and now Colombo.

But if they can't "salvage" this thing, Garrett needs to be fired. Hold this guy accountable for once, like they seem to hold everyone else accountable.

Ive never seen a coach who hasent made a nfc championship game outlast this many players and coaches

blueblood70

Reaction score
Garrett Feels Pressure to Make Coaching Change

Newy_on_Cowboys_Coaching_Change.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys fired first-year offensive line coach Paul Alexander and promoted Marc Colombo to the position on Tuesday. NBC 5 Sports Director Newy Scruggs explains why head coach Jason Garrett felt the pressure to make the change during the bye week.

Read Full Story
please scott be next

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Bravo to Newy.

When practically every other DFW media person was hyping Jason Garrett from the start, he was always willing to think for himself and be skeptical.

Fire407

Reaction score
I'm guessing that Garrett doesn't have the power to fire anyone. He was told about it like we were.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garrett Feels Pressure to Make Coaching Change

Newy_on_Cowboys_Coaching_Change.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys fired first-year offensive line coach Paul Alexander and promoted Marc Colombo to the position on Tuesday. NBC 5 Sports Director Newy Scruggs explains why head coach Jason Garrett felt the pressure to make the change during the bye week.

Read Full Story

Excellent point . Why is Jason Garrett here ?

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Why did he feel pressured? Cuz he is feeling the flames under his arse. It's him next.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I'm glad the media is starting to say things about Garrett. Here at the Zone we've been saying this all along. Not that the media has talked about Garrett we can all see the light and get Garrett canned once and for all.
not until Jerry makes as son leave home

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Articles I've seen have said Alexander was Garrett's pick..........and fired before mid season.........another fine job by our legendary HC.

Any day now the light bulb is going to go on and he will be transformed into the second coming of Chuck Nole or Tom Landry.