1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

BTB: 6 years ago Sunday was Romo’s duel against Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mr_C, Oct 5, 2019.

1. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

18,196 Messages
    16,457 Likes Received
    Dude, that would have been a valid excuse for EITHER Manning or Romo. Your defense should never give up that many yards/points. The more a QB has to do the bigger chance you have at making mistakes. This should be a simple concept.

And if you remember correctly, that was a pretty dynamic Broncos offense and we had a pretty crappy defense. The offense wasn't the problem in that game.

Afigueroa22 and Runwildboys like this.
  2. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

3,686 Messages
    2,564 Likes Received
    Escobar screwed the pooch on that pic, big time.

The first thing they coach you as a receiver on patterns like that is to angle back to the QB. Escobar rounded off his route and allowed the DB to cut under him. It was obvious as it was happening in real time to anyone with a clue. Receiving 101. Escobar was a ***** who avoided contact and he blew that play and let his QB, the team and us down.

Romo's biggest flaw was to often trusting his guys to make a play. With some of the clowns he had to babysit no wonder he tried to do to much at times.

Runwildboys likes this.
  3. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

13,393 Messages
    11,458 Likes Received
    I talked about what i talked about. You just keep ignoring it.

I watched the play before I posted.

4. mattjames2010

18,196 Messages
    16,457 Likes Received
    LOL then you should understand why the ball came out "soft" and that Romo did exactly what needed to be done in the pocket.

5. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

1,281 Messages
    1,061 Likes Received
    Not me. Never have and never will. Go watch the 1992 championship game. That team would have stomped Manning, 31-20.

6. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

9,356 Messages
    6,566 Likes Received
    It was. LOL

Runwildboys likes this.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,238 Messages
    35,326 Likes Received
    Yeah, you knew the olineman would step on his foot as he threw it and the LB would dive and make the best interception of his career.

Probably didn't predict an int on any of the other 8-9 drives the rest of the game either. So got that right too

Incredible psychic skills!

:thumbup:

8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,238 Messages
    35,326 Likes Received
    Thats the point though.

2013 team with the 1992 defense wins by 4 tds that day
    Probably 2011, 2012 too

The whole point is that 8-8 is areal struggle to get to when you have 2-14 level defenses
    Olines sucked too back then, relatively speaking.

9. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,813 Messages
    41,666 Likes Received
    I didn't know that but I remember thinking a Romo punt is coming soon and the very next play it happened. Believe I even mentioned it at the time. Romo was so predictable. I knew he'd never win a shootout with Manning. It's sad that the Denver and Buffalo games are Romo's most exciting games.

10. Undisputed

Undisputed Well-Known Member

2,195 Messages
    571 Likes Received
    Probably my favorite loss ever. That rushing TD by Peyton still cracks me up.
    :laugh:

11. mattjames2010

18,196 Messages
    16,457 Likes Received
    Most QBs wouldn't win a shootout against Manning. LOL

Do you folks think before posting? What's the deal here? This game was "exciting" on a football level because of the shootout, NFL fans love it, it's one of the reasons for rule changes pushing for passing.

Did you predict a Romo INT against the Lions in the 2014 playoffs? You know, against a better defense than the Broncos? Or was it too positive that he went down the field and got us a W?

12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,238 Messages
    35,326 Likes Received
    Whatever

Talk about selective memory

You do realize he had more game winning 4th drives than any QB in the league his last 4-5 years?
    Those don't count?

Ah forget it.
    Nevermind.
    You're mind has been made-up long ago....and its you're right to you're opinion