BTB: Cowboys weakness of Halftime adjustments

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The last time the Cowboys had a championship caliber defense was 2003. Unfortunately, Quincy Carter was the QB.

Romo labored trying to outscore everyone and the trend continues with Dak.

When opponent scores over 30, Cowboys are 0-4.

When they score less than 30, Cowboys are 5-1.

In two of those 4 losses the Cowboys offense broke 30 as well.

Oh, and how did we go out of the playoffs last year?

34-31. Opponent scored over 30, again. What a surprise.

Sydla

Reaction score
Shanahan doesn't look very good since not having Julio and co. though.

Coaching is a problem no doubt. I guess my stance is.....the talent isnt' good enough for these coaches. That's on both sides of the ball.

The talent is good enough to be better than they are if they had competent coaching.

Shanahan took over one of the least talented offenses in football in San Fran. He's a much better offensive coach than Garrett and company.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed. Which is my entire point: if you need your team to be stacked and healthy to be even remotely competitive, you are inept as a coaching staff.

Pretty much...and the sad thing is? Probably can't do much better. No one wants to coach for Jerry.

Sydla

Reaction score
The last time the Cowboys had a championship caliber defense was 2003. Unfortunately, Quincy Carter was the QB.

Is this some sort of defense of Garrett?

Because in reality, the offense let the team down tonight too. The defense played their guys out in the first half and the offense spit the bit drive after drive after drive.

Fire the entire coaching staff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Now you are just being silly to provide cover for Garrett.

It's simple. There is enough talent on this offense to not be as putrid as they have been recently and at times all season.

Just admit it. We need a new coaching staff. Once you accept that very basic and accurate premise, your life will become easier.

I guess you haven't read my posts in this thread. I said the coaching staff isn't good enough to coach this "talent".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I guarantee you there are 31 other teams willing to take him off your hands.

I'm speaking hypothetically if i'm a GM. As a Cowboy fan i'm not saying get rid of him. But it is some red flags when you are in your mid 20's and are having back injuries every year.

flosho

Reaction score
It took us 47 minutes last week to realize our LT was getting beat like a drum. We dont have good coaches.

I watched the packers get dominated and hundley got beat up and sacked 6 times... meanwhile dak is sacked 6 times by THE SAME ******* GUY! How did we not have a fight end helping on every pass play is beyond me.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Embarrassing.

I saw this coming tonight. Becoming a disgusting trend. They aren't that much better than us talent wise. We just get outclassed by even rookie coaches.

romothesavior

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ust-at-halftime-and-its-crushing-their-season

But in the third quarter the Cowboys are a much different team. They’re outscored by 0.6 points per drive. That’s 6.6 points per game or 106 points in a season. That’s a really bad team.

So the meme is accurate. The 2017 Dallas Cowboys are a good team with really bad third quarter problems. Why the team struggles on both sides of the ball after the halftime break is a mystery but it’s definitely a real thing. This is an area that must improve if the Cowboys’ have any hope of making this season a success.
A mystery? Yeah right.

It's the coaches.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

I think we are now the record holders on scoring 30 and losing