News: BTB: Dan Bailey wasn’t automatic for the Cowboys anymore which made his release possible

condoin125

Reaction score
Damn, I'm surprised how much this move got to me....he made some huge kicks for us during his time here. I hate to see him go but I'm not necessarily saying it's the wrong move either.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Glad to see the present Cowboys front office doing what needs to be done– Jettisoning (when possible) overpaid players who aren't producing to their former level.

Not too long ago, they would have just held their collective noses and kept the player– And their overpriced contract.

Yep. Seems the fans still aren't capable of progress though.

zerofill

Reaction score
Damn, I'm surprised how much this move got to me....he made some huge kicks for us during his time here. I hate to see him go but I'm not necessarily saying it's the wrong move either.

Same man... weird when you feel that way about loosing a kicker. But Bailey was the man... I forget what game it was, But I remember him going up for a game winning field goal, and they showed the other team watching, and the looks on their faces was doom. Pretty crazy when a kicker instills that in an opposing team lol.

stiletto

Reaction score
Teams generally won’t use a 7th round pick on even the best college kickers, much less an older kicker with a high salary whose accuracy has declined by 9-10% each of the last 2 years and who is being peddled because his previous team doesn’t have as much confidence in him as they used to. Trades like this just don’t happen with kickers. Even so, if the team was undecided most of TC on which kicker to keep, how could they have traded him?

I'd be surprised if it was a spur of the moment decision but I get what you are saying overall and you are probably right.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I’m confused about Bailey’s practice performance... yesterday I read in various places that his 41-47 (87%) on FGs were good and not a factor, and this piece is claiming it was a cause for concern. It certainly seems within an acceptable range, but maybe the other guy made them all...

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I will always love Dan, but his decline over the last 2 years is pretty well chronicled
LOL, no it isn't. Just BTB and the sycophants on this board making excuses for the old fool at the helm and his kids. Bailey didn't miss a single kick last year before the injury. Not one. They saw a chance to save $$ and they grabbed it.

Some of you would defend anything the Jones do. This was a move done solely to save $4 million, and had nothing to do with football. It can't be argued they kept the better kicker.

23 years running speaks volumes.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I’m confused about Bailey’s practice performance... yesterday I read in various places that his 41-47 (87%) on FGs were good and not a factor, and this piece is claiming it was a cause for concern. It certainly seems within an acceptable range, but maybe the other guy made them all...

4/5 according to Archer, which isn't reassuring to me.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I was shocked. But this is a good move. And if we piece together many good moves it can eventually bring us a championship.

Maybe.

CWR

Reaction score
It seems like a prudent move, but its funny that hes the player we took a stand on lol. Meanwhile we've let others go along sucking for years.

Batman1980

Reaction score
It seems like a prudent move, but its funny that hes the player we took a stand on lol. Meanwhile we've let others go along sucking for years.

The Dez move I was 100% behind, the Dan move I am 50% behind at best, good kickers are a necessity and one Jerrah's never really gotten behind.

Reactions: CWR