News: BTB: It’s very likely Ezekiel Elliott would be leading the NFL in rushing right now

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The article made me think of the old expression "And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle." A bit pointless, really, and small consolation for a dismal season with ever-shrinking playoff hopes.

Isn't this always the case in every wasted season we're forced to endure?

Three consecutive seasons of "if we win that last game", only to fail every single time.

And now it's a season of "if Zeke wasn't suspended", despite the fact that we were just one game above .509 when he did play.

Or the woulda, coulda, shoulda of the Rams or Packers game that they failed to close out.

The only thing I hope for is that they get it out of their system now and we don't have to spend an entire offseason dealing with the same "loser's mentality" of "if only" rather than what is.

diefree666

Reaction score

Three consecutive seasons of "if we win that last game", only to fail every single time.

And now it's a season of "if Zeke wasn't suspended", despite the fact that we were just one game above .509 when he did play.

Or the woulda, coulda, shoulda of the Rams or Packers game that they failed to close out.

The only thing I hope for is that they get it out of their system now and we don't have to spend an entire offseason dealing with the same "loser's mentality" of "if only" rather than what is.
We have to look hard at our WR core and equally hard at CB and LB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Losing Zeke is just another prime example of just how bad this coaching staff is. They were caught "off guard and unprepared" both schematically, personnel wise, and emotionally for his suspension. THAT being said even caught off guard they showed no ability what so ever to adapt, move forward, make changes, and adjust. It was "next man up", same old "process", do it all the same and expect the same results.

Ill be sitting there on Sunday hoping for the Cowboys to get blown out. And I will do the same thing 4 weeks in a row after that.

THERE IS NO WAY we are winning any SB EVER with Garrett as head coach. Other than having soo much more talent then the rest of the league it doesnt matter. With Jones as GM that is an impossibility. When you only acquire talent through the draft and dont use FA or trades when everyone else is using all 3?...............not a chance.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have to look hard at our WR core and equally hard at CB and LB.

CB isn't really high on my list of items. I like several options we have there.

But the obvious lack of speed at WR can no longer be ignored, and I've hoped for a speed element there for several years now.

I'm again envious of the Saints. Then can trade away their speed guy in Cooks and are smart enough to replace at least some measure of that speed with an inexpensive signing of Ted Ginn. While we sit on our hands, year after year.

And I definitely agree about linebacker. Another option needs to be added, and likely two. I wouldn't go first round, but I'd definitely be looking.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Losing Zeke is just another prime example of just how bad this coaching staff is. They were caught "off guard and unprepared" both schematically, personnel wise, and emotionally for his suspension. THAT being said even caught off guard they showed no ability what so ever to adapt, move forward, make changes, and adjust. It was "next man up", same old "process", do it all the same and expect the same results.

Summed up in two words:

Player reliant.

If this staff doesn't have better talent than the other guys, they don't bring enough to the table to make up the difference. The players bail out the coaches.

Ill be sitting there on Sunday hoping for the Cowboys to get blown out. And I will do the same thing 4 weeks in a row after that.

THERE IS NO WAY we are winning any SB EVER with Garrett as head coach.

I can't blame you one little bit. The guy simply isn't good enough to be an NFL head coach. And all of the wishing in the world by the owner and fans won't change that. It's time to realize that fact and move on.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
just because this should be a no brainer, Zeke is better talent wise, Bell is a complete back who has it together. For a team , hes more reliable and understands what this is about, Zeke is still, (i am not saying hes a problem child yet) cleaning up his past. So its tough to say hes better because mentally Bell has it together

You apparently don't keep up with any NFL news, especially in regards to Bell.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Zeke is awesome in the context of on the field only. But we also saw how he gave up in the Denver game. Nit picking, but we have seen some issues. But dont discount the unprepared nature of Jones and the coaching staff in the loss of Zeke. This is a RUNNING football team. Our ENTIRE team both offense and defense was completely dependent upon it. Garrett and Jones had a full off season to prepare for this scenario and they seemed caught completely off guard. Completely unacceptable. The team mentally and schematically was completely unprepared for the gaping hole that occurred when Zeke got suspended. The hole NEVER should have been that big. It took Garrett and his coaches 3 full game to adjust and get Morris going. A capable back. The transition NEVER should have been this daunting. Offensive changes and proper personnel should have been mapped out and in place just for this kind of scenario. Its just another indication of how poorly run this team is by the FO.

Its almost like Jones was sure that Zeke was never going to get suspended and went about preparing the team ONLY for that outcome. This is why he went so ballistic on Goodell. Because he now looks completely stupid and feels betrayed.
Agree and look no further than Pitts when Bell was out the first time. They brought in Williams who came out as the best back those first four games. The team was prepared and the map was outlined how they would operate w/o Bell. One thing I will say about Zeke, I was sick when I saw him quit on that play as well but its only one play we have proof so lets just call it a past mistake instead of issues. Feel your pain sick of this mediocre up and down teeter tooter organization that has been in play since 96. Unfortunately as ride or die fans we just have to hopefully see this organization get back on the routine of winning every year like the good ole days. For me personally I have no faith in the current regime until proven otherwise with a silver trophy being held in the air.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I love Zeke but shoulda coulda woulda...have to be on the field and actually gain the yards to be leading the league.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agree and look no further than Pitts when Bell was out the first time. They brought in Williams who came out as the best back those first four games. The team was prepared and the map was outlined how they would operate w/o Bell. One thing I will say about Zeke, I was sick when I saw him quit on that play as well but its only one play we have proof so lets just call it a past mistake instead of issues. Feel your pain sick of this mediocre up and down teeter tooter organization that has been in play since 96. Unfortunately as ride or die fans we just have to hopefully see this organization get back on the routine of winning every year like the good ole days. For me personally I have no faith in the current regime until proven otherwise with a silver trophy being held in the air.

No hope with the Garrett/Jerry combo. No hope at all.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You do realize we were 5-3 when zeke got suspended right? Not 1 game above. 500

khiladi

Reaction score
Hell yes. But when I pull a chicks tits out on St Pats day it doesnt go viral. :lmao::lmao2:

GRONK does that and takes out guys heads after the play is over giving them a concussion and he only gets a game suspension...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do realize we were 5-3 when zeke got suspended right? Not 1 game above. 500

Where does one loss instead of a win put them?
:huh:
That's what I was getting at. A loss instead of a win, and they're at 4-4. That's what I was alluding to. They weren't doing great even when they did have Zeke.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Where does one loss instead of a win put them?
:huh:
That's what I was getting at. A loss instead of a win, and they're at 4-4. That's what I was alluding to. They weren't doing great even when they did have Zeke.
They were only averaging 28 pts a game before losing Zeke. Only 2 other teams were doing that in the entire league. But hey 5-3 is almost 4-4 right?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were only averaging 28 pts a game before losing Zeke. Only 2 other teams were doing that in the entire league. But hey 5-3 is almost 4-4 right?

Just one game off. All those points didn't change that, right?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Best back in the League. This team was just hitting it's stride before his suspension and it coincided with Zeke hitting his stride.

I hope that either by hook or by crook this team sans Zeke can beat the Giants and Raiders. Once he returns and gets a groove could turn into a special run for the Cowboys.

We'll see...
Haven’t read the thread but I’m guessing @mattjames2010 is whining about David Johnson lol