News: BTB: Keep calm and don’t panic Cowboys fans, the franchise is doing just fine

Dodger12

Reaction score
The habitual whiners here are too ignorant to see that the talent has been getting better and better.

And the habitual apologists can't seem to admit that the team that won the SB turned their dysfunctional franchise around in two years. It's funny how after 8 years of a failed coaching tenure folks still stick to the talking points.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

John813

Reaction score
Another "fun fact", the Cowboys drafted Terrance Williams ahead of Keenan Allen!

:laugh:

Fantasy fun fact, I declined a trade for Allen involving TY Hilton last offseason in a keeper league.

That stings though, at least we got Frederick out of that draft at least.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Some people are more comfortable whining than they are being happy. It's foreign to them lol.

And some folks are more interested in a participation trophy than winning. In sports, people are happy when they win and dejected when they lose. You know, the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat..." But that was probably before your time. I guess with some folks, win or lose, the whole team got pats on the back and went for ice cream.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fantasy fun fact, I declined a trade for Allen involving TY Hilton last offseason in a keeper league.

That stings though, at least we got Frederick out of that draft at least.

Frederick is definitely the upside. That was a great move.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some fans aren't "OK" with one playoff win in a decade. That's not whining, that stating the obvious. If you disagree than I question your "good opinion."

I really wonder what these guys want? Just a board that blows smoke up your butts 24-7?

It's mindnumbing when you survey the landscape that people are surprised people have a lot of criticisms about this franchise, how it's run, etc.

3 playoff wins in 22 years. One playoff win under Garrett in 7 seasons.

But yeah, it's an unfair pity party.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And some folks are more interested in a participation trophy than winning. In sports, people are happy when they win and dejected when they lose. You know, the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat..." But that was probably before your time. I guess with some folks, win or lose, the whole team got pats on the back and went for ice cream.

So let me get this straight....if you don't whine and cry then you are okay with a participation trophy? Trying to understand your logic here......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really wonder what these guys want? Just a board that blows smoke up your butts 24-7?

It's mindnumbing when you survey the landscape that people are surprised people have a lot of criticisms about this franchise, how it's run, etc.

3 playoff wins in 22 years. One playoff win under Garrett in 7 seasons.

But yeah, it's an unfair pity party.

IF whining like children were eliminated from this site.....I don't think anyone would miss it. I like how the alternative to whining for you guys is to blow smoke up your butt lol. There's not medium. Just extremes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So let me get this straight....if you don't whine and cry then you are okay with a participation trophy? Trying to understand your logic here......

Sorry, but the only "whining and crying" comes from those too sensitive to deal with any criticism.

If it's not all "wine and roses", some people whine about it.

It's too bad that some folks were so coddled that they not only can't handle criticism of themselves, they can't handle criticism of something that they themselves have nothing to do with.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is akin to listening to local Commanders talk radio that the team is on the verge of returning to the glory years of the Hogs. Then you look at the talent acquired and the money spent stupidly and decide to reach for the bottle of Johnny Walker Black. I despise those who say we are just one step away from being one of the top teams in the league. We just flat out aren't even in the top ten.

I think what has been said a thousand times is still true. As long as JJ is the General Manager and we have a non-innovative coach we aren't going anywhere. I think its both a talent and a coaching problem here. Hope I am proven wrong, but I think we have heard this song a bunch of times over the last 15 years and the tune is frankly pretty flat.

Agreed- Make it 20 years. When you are winning, or at least in Super bowls, and your philosophy is keep our own and screw free agency and trades, it makes some sense. When you've won 2 playoff games in a decade, it's time to open your mind and wallet.

Sydla

Reaction score
IF whining like children were eliminated from this site.....I don't think anyone would miss it. I like how the alternative to whining for you guys is to blow smoke up your butt lol. There's not medium. Just extremes.

The problem is, as a homer, you think criticism is an extreme.

If the constant propping up of the front office and constant over the top excuse making were eliminated from the site, I don't think anyone would miss it either.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sorry, but the only "whining and crying" comes from those too sensitive to deal with any criticism.

It's too bad that some folks were so coddled that they not only can't handle criticism of themselves, they can't handle criticism of something that they themselves have nothing to do with.

That is the ironic part of this. They hate the "whining" and yet they spend much of their time whining about people correctly pointing out the flaws and failures of this franchise.

It's actually very funny.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is the ironic part of this. They hate the "whining" and yet they spend much of their time whining about people correctly pointing out the flaws and failures of this franchise.

It's actually very funny.

The funniest part of that is that they'll try to project their own "whining" - and contributing nothing of substance to the discussion - onto someone else. The lack of self awareness is amazing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So are you choosing to pretend like you don't know the difference between criticism and crying and whining? Are we going to do that?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The problem is, as a homer, you think criticism is an extreme.

If the constant propping up of the front office and constant over the top excuse making were eliminated from the site, I don't think anyone would miss it either.

I didn't say critcism was extreme....whining about every single move that other teams make is whining and its extreme. And then you guys whine when it gets moved to the NFL section. Its whining. I don't know why you guys want to play defensive and talk about "Oh i'm just criticizing the team". If that's what you want to call it......its still whining.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So are you choosing to pretend like you don't know the difference between criticism and crying and whining? Are we going to do that?

Yeah, let's "do that".

I'd love to hear you make the case where valid criticism is "crying and whining" while the real "crying and whining" is coming for those too fragile to handle it.

Go right ahead, the floor is yours...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, let's "do that".

I'd love to hear you make the case where valid criticism is "crying and whining" while the real "crying and whining" is coming for those too fragile to handle it.

Go right ahead, the floor is yours...

Crying and whining doesn't equal criticism. If we can agree on that then I can further help you understand the difference. But if you are going to sit here and pretend to be naive and dense then we can just agree to disagree.

cern

Reaction score
the only whining is coming from those accusing everyone else of whining. it's just plain rudeness. but when you don't have anything of substance to back up your opinion, you're left with little option but to start childish name calling. the majority understand. certainly the more astute among us.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crying and whining doesn't equal criticism. If we can agree on that then I can further help you understand the difference. But if you are going to sit here and pretend to be naive and dense then we can just agree to disagree.

No, criticism doesn't equal crying and whining. The crying and whining part comes from those too fragile and weak to handle it.

You decide who you want to be.