News: BTB: Keep calm and don’t panic Cowboys fans, the franchise is doing just fine

NewsBot

Reaction score
877992098.jpg.0.jpg

The team keeps getting better whether we realize it or not.

Hey, have you heard the news? Teams in the NFC East are all making big moves this offseason, while the Dallas Cowboys are just sitting on their hands doing nothing.

breaking: giants and eagles making moves to get better. cowboys paying fees to the nfl

— Clarence Hill Jr (@clarencehilljr) March 7, 2018

And let’s not forget the Washington Commanders traded cornerback Kendall Fuller to acquire Alex Smith from the Kansas City Chiefs!

All this moving around has made Cowboys fans dizzy. And from that dizziness, nausea is starting to set in as they cannot for the life of them understand why the Cowboys aren’t doing anything to upgrade their team. Doesn’t the Cowboys organization want to win? (Of course they do.) Why are they letting others around them get better while they do nothing?

Well, the short answer is - they’re not doing nothing. They are doing quite a bit actually, but sometimes it’s hard to recognize a good thing when it’s sitting right in front of us.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

cern

Reaction score
signing Lawrence and zack to long term deals is a no brainer as far as the thought process is involved. the reality of achieving either is problematic at best. neither will be easy to sign. both will expect to be paid the top dollar for their positions with all the guaranteed money that comes with that distinction. the good news is, we've drafted well lately. can only hope that continues.

links18

Reaction score
So resigning the guys who wasted a 13-3, HFA throughout year by losing a home playoff game and who followed that up the next season by melting when one or two guys got injured is doing "fine"? Makes sense, I guess.

vaturkey

Reaction score
This is akin to listening to local Commanders talk radio that the team is on the verge of returning to the glory years of the Hogs. Then you look at the talent acquired and the money spent stupidly and decide to reach for the bottle of Johnny Walker Black. I despise those who say we are just one step away from being one of the top teams in the league. We just flat out aren't even in the top ten.

I think what has been said a thousand times is still true. As long as JJ is the General Manager and we have a non-innovative coach we aren't going anywhere. I think its both a talent and a coaching problem here. Hope I am proven wrong, but I think we have heard this song a bunch of times over the last 15 years and the tune is frankly pretty flat.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Every year we hear this song and dance about the Cowboys team getting better and moving in the right direction! But at some point when is the coaching staff going to be fired! This team can go 13-3 again and I have zero confidence in the Cowboys having the ability to win a playoff game!!! There needs to be a complete overhaul with a new coaching staff and the new coach that has a tough edge to him that he can change the soft babying culture this team has fallen under. I dont give a dam about the players union and rules. Thats why you have closed practices and thats why you have unwritten rules. I would rather see Jerry spend his money bucking the system by paying fines for extra practices than sitting there threatening Goodell. Dallas needs coaches that will enforce accountability and not be afraid to bench ANY player. The team is soft. We saw that this past year when they got raped by the Broncos, Falcons, Chargers, Eagles. I hope people realize that the last game of the season Dallas would not of won had the Eagles game planned for them. Dallas putting up 6 points was so pathetic and Garrett was happy because instead of 8-8 they were 9-7.

Pants

Reaction score
in before "it's a process"

I like the last few drafts, but in general, blech

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Dress the fatted calf, strike up the band, alert the media, let us begin the jubilation for Cowboys front office plans to sign 1 or 2 veterans this year.

Last edited:

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I stopped reading BTB long ago. Epitome of a homer, rose-colored -glasses fluff piece. Every once in a while one of the writers will make a "this needs to improve" statement followed immediately by "but that's being taken care of" blurb.
Waste of time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
877992098.jpg.0.jpg

The team keeps getting better whether we realize it or not.

Hey, have you heard the news? Teams in the NFC East are all making big moves this offseason, while the Dallas Cowboys are just sitting on their hands doing nothing.

breaking: giants and eagles making moves to get better. cowboys paying fees to the nfl

— Clarence Hill Jr (@clarencehilljr) March 7, 2018

And let’s not forget the Washington Commanders traded cornerback Kendall Fuller to acquire Alex Smith from the Kansas City Chiefs!

All this moving around has made Cowboys fans dizzy. And from that dizziness, nausea is starting to set in as they cannot for the life of them understand why the Cowboys aren’t doing anything to upgrade their team. Doesn’t the Cowboys organization want to win? (Of course they do.) Why are they letting others around them get better while they do nothing?

Well, the short answer is - they’re not doing nothing. They are doing quite a bit actually, but sometimes it’s hard to recognize a good thing when it’s sitting right in front of us.

Continue reading...
The habitual whiners here are too ignorant to see that the talent has been getting better and better.

cern

Reaction score
bringing in new talent is well and fine. but knowing when to cull the older talent remains a problem with the front office.