News: BTB: Keep calm and don’t panic Cowboys fans, the franchise is doing just fine

Jipper

Reaction score
another year, another nothing burger in free agency....year after year after year....it used to be we were big spenders in FA (granted not always the right way) and now we arent even players...i wish we could find a happy medium.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I really wonder what these guys want? Just a board that blows smoke up your butts 24-7?

It's mindnumbing when you survey the landscape that people are surprised people have a lot of criticisms about this franchise, how it's run, etc.

3 playoff wins in 22 years. One playoff win under Garrett in 7 seasons.

But yeah, it's an unfair pity party.

Its like a bunch of Brown fans have invaded this board and they all get chubbys from 8-8 records.............I mean, in Cleveland that is an accomplishment.

I think they just got lost and ended up on this board by mistake:laugh:

cern

Reaction score
Be real man. How many times do you have to be told that it's the posters like yourself who constantly whine every thread every day and not the occasional complainers that are the guilty ones God knows there's alot to complain about but doing it ALL THE TIME like you do is not healthy.
How many times must it be said you are the mother of all whiners. No kids on your grass.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Kris Richard can help big time on the coaching front. Now I'm just concerned on the player front. Status Quo doesn't exactly sound good.

cern

Reaction score
I have as much "wherewithal" as you, but my thought processes are apparently quite different. My own coherent thoughts say that life is short, and I choose to spend what little time I have "enjoying the ride". You use the Glitch thing as s crutch. While I respect your obviously high level of intelligence, insinuating that those with differing opinions are inferior actually reveals limitations in your own intellectual competence, does it not?

Repeating the same complaints, repeatedly, kinda IS whining (IMHO, of course), and I'm here for the fun!
k
I am only pointing out to those who constantly shout whiners and haters how flawed they are. I prefer to needle those like minded rather than resort to their peurile name calling. The glitch thing is, and has always been a joke. Though it did seem to drive some to madness on dc.com. :):):)

Rayman70

Reaction score
its a sad day when even the Pats out deal us in free agency. Not sure what kind of winning strategy we have. Seems like we lack a plan. By the time the rooks get good they will command top dollar and leave. We will be back to square one.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Kris Richard can help big time on the coaching front. Now I'm just concerned on the player front. Status Quo doesn't exactly sound good.

if he is allowed to run things his way, great i agree, if its Garrets way of "look guys, dont get aggressive on defense, try to stay off the WR and give him space to make the play" than no. I want Marinelli killing qbs, and i want both coaches to leave RIchards alone to do his thing.

Even if we lose but Richards does his thing, im ok with it

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is the first off season in several that I'm just not enthused about the upcoming season. Maybe it'll change as we draw closer to the draft. But I'm just not feeling it. I suspect it's because we had another disappointing season. But after seeing the Eagles win a Super Bowl two years after dismantling the team and with a backup quarterback and then seeing how long it has taken Garrett to squander opportunity after opportunity, well just color me underwhelmed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if he is allowed to run things his way, great i agree, if its Garrets way of "look guys, dont get aggressive on defense, try to stay off the WR and give him space to make the play" than no. I want Marinelli killing qbs, and i want both coaches to leave RIchards alone to do his thing.

Even if we lose but Richards does his thing, im ok with it
Agree. Let him do what he does. I think he will.

Rayman70

Reaction score
In fact...do not be shocked when JG gets fired and Richard becomes the HC. IF things go south fast...watch.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If JG goes..so does his buddy Linehan. They are tied at the hip.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
This is the first off season in several that I'm just not enthused about the upcoming season. Maybe it'll change as we draw closer to the draft. But I'm just not feeling it. I suspect it's because we had another disappointing season. But after seeing the Eagles win a Super Bowl two years after dismantling the team and with a backup quarterback and then seeing how long it has taken Garrett to squander opportunity after opportunity, well just color me underwhelmed.

That is very much how I feel. And I might get a little more upbeat as free agency and the draft progress. But deep down my expectations are pretty low. I've come to the point that a good year is only possible if we have very few injuries and the players perform well despite Garrett & company. I have virtually no hope of anything more than a one and done in the playoffs, if that.

cern

Reaction score
Agree. Let him do what he does. I think he will.
I have hope some of the new asst coaches will have meaningful input on both sides of the ball. This is sorely needed. We seem to have some good new d-backs. Richard seems to be just what they need.

cern

Reaction score
its a sad day when even the Pats out deal us in free agency. Not sure what kind of winning strategy we have. Seems like we lack a plan. By the time the rooks get good they will command top dollar and leave. We will be back to square one.
Plan seems to be to count heavily on the draft. Too bad they won't avail themselves of the free agency option.

ESisback

Reaction score
k
I am only pointing out to those who constantly shout whiners and haters how flawed they are. I prefer to needle those like minded rather than resort to their peurile name calling. The glitch thing is, and has always been a joke. Though it did seem to drive some to madness on dc.com. :):):)
That it did!