News: BTB: NFL Lists Cowboys OC Scott Linehan As One Of Six Head Coach Candidates

ringmaster

Reaction score
I think Harbaugh stays at Michigan for the foreseeable future.
I agree that Harbaugh stays at Michigan he has total autonomy there and his coaching style wore on his players during his time with the Niners so he wouldn't want to come back to the NFL right now anyway.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Didn't Linehan get overmatched and broken in St.Louis?

Doubt he's considered as HC material.
He was also a HC at Miami in which Garrett was his QB coach and it didn't pan out for him there either not a good candidate for HC. But the NFL loves retreads so you never know the way I see it Linehan is he's an excellent OC that is about it.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I do think you'll hear a lot this offseason about him being a "QB whisperer." He'll deservedly receive the credit for being the guy that uncovered Prescott and then successfully developed him, and that's got to be intriguing to a quarterback-needy franchise. He's also the play caller for one of the best offenses in the league.

Still...with his previous failure as a head coach...I don't know. Something screams to me that he won't actually land a head coaching gig.

tico

Reaction score
Easy give him Garrett's job, w was a .500 Coach before the Zeke & Dak attack..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Didn't Linehan get overmatched and broken in St.Louis?

Doubt he's considered as HC material.

How do you sell hiring a head coach who is 11-25?

"Did you see what he did in Dallas as offensive coordinator? He was great with a rookie quarterback."

If I'm a GM, I give a coordinator with no head coaching track record a shot over one who has tried and failed.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If Kyle Shanahan name is floating around as head coach he's going to be the hottest commodity this offseason. However, I don't think Linehan is going anywhere. Especially if Jerry is going to open his wallet to make sure he stays here.