News: BTB: Prescott could be MVP or FO scapegoat

75boyz

Reaction score
1. They need the dee to take a few steps forward and become a top 5 type of unit which I think is possible.

2. They need the o-line to massively over achieve and stay healthy and provide the offense 3rd down conversions.

3. IF both of the above can be achieved then Dak can comfortably assume his overpaid bus driver role leaning on his dee, field position and not turning the ball over.

IF they can do all that, they've got a fighters chance in the playoffs.

Good defense travels well.

Just like last year, it's all on the o-line imo.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
It's real simple we don't need Dak to be the MVP of anything.

We need DAk to move the chains in any way possible.
He like every other quarterback struggles to be able to do that when they are constantly put behind the chains by pre-snap and holding penalties from a substandard offensive line.

This is why anyone with even the slightest football IQ is up in arms and totally ticked off at the front office for not doing everything in their power to fix this offensive line.

Because there is no MVP there is no playoffs there's nothing but a horrible frustrating game to watch when you have a lousy offensive line no one can do their best work.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak won’t even sniff MVP with this OL and receiving corp. Our offensive numbers and points will likely plummet this season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...apegoat-but-he-should-just-be-himself-in-2022

my bad on the first attempt couldn’t get it to post right from my phone
I don’t think they really have a plan. Besides this.
th

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You may very well be right however don’t forget up until about week 6 last year he was in discussion if you remember . Something happened after the NE game but let’s not let your disdain for our QB cloud your judgement
Something happened was ordinary, happens every season, teams figuring out ordinary.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...apegoat-but-he-should-just-be-himself-in-2022

my bad on the first attempt couldn’t get it to post right from my phone
jones boys always have an out.....if we succeed, he is up front and center, wanting all the attention. if it fails, he disappears, only to reappear next year, selling hope, saying he isn't happy, the fans aren't happy and that change is coming. and on goes the cycle. we have been through it now, about 7 or is it 8 times.....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You may very well be right however don’t forget up until about week 6 last year he was in discussion if you remember . Something happened after the NE game but let’s not let your disdain for our QB cloud your judgement
You should probably concede their disdain for the QB as much as your disdain for the RB.

I must admit though...you have recently been a LOT more fair regarding our anemic running game that it isn't all zeke's fault. Could be I am out of line here.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will say this, He could win an award for saying ALL the right things on the podium and Jerry revels in that! " We as a team need to be better, on offense and defense, and it starts with me.......etc,etc,...
He buys new Nikes! LEADER!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see it as a win win situation for our dysfunctional ownership.

Dak will either overcome a lesser OL and WR corps which could elevate him or the fact he doesn’t do well the scapegoat will be he didn’t have the support he’s had.

So this report could be accurate .

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's cheap and chicken %#5. You could say that about every cowboys player since '95.
IF......Dak had coaches.
IF......Dak wasn't injured
IF......Dak had offline
IF......Dak had WR
IF......Zeke wasn't fat
IF......Dak had a defense
IF......Dak had great weather
IF......
IF......
I'm sure you can fill up the blank ones.....:muttley:

starfan1

Reaction score
You should probably concede their disdain for the QB as much as your disdain for the RB.

I must admit though...you have recently been a LOT more fair regarding our anemic running game that it isn't all zeke's fault. Could be I am out of line here.
My disdain for Elliott isn’t quite on the levels of some of the Dak disdain but I don’t hide it. I’ve always acknowledged zeke isn’t problem 1.

it’s just that you’re always so busy defending him because you’ve been doing it since draft day that you miss that part of it

I’m not even close to Roy on a side note yesterdays CFB was a game where I wasn’t rooting against OSU. Not for them either Notre Dame is my second most despised CFB team so I don’t care who won

starfan1

Reaction score
Something happened was ordinary, happens every season, teams figuring out ordinary.
A calf injury is ordinary? Actually it was several things calf being one of them, the line getting banged up and regressing, Run game going to **** from previous mention line issues and zeke being banged up

and boy wonder doing boy wonder things