BTB: Randy Gregory doesn't have a substance abuse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

links18

Reaction score
Even if the NFL policy is wack, you currently have to obey it if you want to be a professional football player in this league. The speed limit on the road around the corner from me is set ridiculously low, but if I speed and get a ticket, I am still on the hook.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I love fans masquerading as legit sports reporters. Are we going to publish every fan rant on the WWW?

Regardless of what you think of rules, you can't ignore the consequences of breaking them. Randy Gregory has made his choice. He prefers weed to an NFL career.
That's the entire issue and considering how easy it is for players to actually beat the policy in place and then be able to smoke all year, it makes no sense to me that somebody actually fails a test, unless they just don't care

diefree666

Reaction score

amame25

Reaction score

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Even if the NFL policy is wack, you currently have to obey it if you want to be a professional football player in this league. The speed limit on the road around the corner from me is set ridiculously low, but if I speed and get a ticket, I am still on the hook.

Exactly.

These guys get paid ridiculous amounts of money.

If their rule is to not eat Pizza then don't eat Pizza.

It's fine to debate the rule but as long as it's the rule you would think the juice is worth the squeeze for these players to just obey the rule.

GenoT

Reaction score
Ain’t enough cheese in the world to balance all the whine in that article.

If Randy Gregory wants an NFL career, he’s gonna have to follow the rules...just like anyone else.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think MJ is a valuable substance both medical and privately. However, it's illegal on a federal level, plain and simple.
I know a few folks who have prescriptions for pain relief. So, if it relieves pain than that in itself is performance enhancing. It may not be as habit forming as opiates, but if it masks pain a player has and makes it easier to perform than this writer is full of BS. He uses alcohol as a comparison. I don't see any player getting hammered to play BETTER. And, it's legal.
Until there's a rule change it's still a suspension and there's no excuse for repeat offenders.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yep. I think the military haircut policy is stupid and unfair...but I had to adhere to it if I wanted a job.
Dang Tass, if that's you in your sig, we might have a spot for you at strong side LB.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Stop smoking weed and make millions. Smoke weed and don’t. You can always go back to smoking weed. But your youth and playing football at a high fades fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.