BTB: Rank the NFCE QBs

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you seen Wentz's contract........they're pretty much stuck with him for at least 2, maybe 3 more years.
They could still get a rookie QB or just move to Hurts. I do not see Lurie as the kind of owner to force a player on his HC because of the contract.

The other thing about Wentz that is odd is the way his teammates interact with him. It reminds me of when Griffin was getting the use of Snyder's private plane and not playing well.

On the other side of that is Hurts was always one of the team's favorite plyers, regardless if that was at Bama or OU. The way he handled Tua taking over was a real lesson is what a teammate is. I could be wrong but Wentz doesn't seem really likable.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They could still get a rookie QB or just move to Hurts. I do not see Lurie as the kind of owner to force a player on his HC because of the contract.

The other thing about Wentz that is odd is the way his teammates interact with him. It reminds me of when Griffin was getting the use of Snyder's private plane and not playing well.

On the other side of that is Hurts was always one of the team's favorite plyers, regardless if that was at Bama or OU. The way he handled Tua taking over was a real lesson is what a teammate is. I could be wrong but Wentz doesn't seem really likable.
The issue isn't Lurie or the Coach but the GM.
Roseman structured deals so guys have actually outlived their usefulness. See Alshon Jeffrey.
The issue with these yearly restructures is you can't really afford to part with dudes who fall off badly.

While I dislike Stephen Jones as Cap management GM he did learn this lesson with Jay Ratliff.
They have been reluctant to restructure guys with anything less than A+ character and core player roles going out 2-3 years minimum.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Hurts is one of those natural leader type guys.......similar to Dak. Read where he lead the team voting drive during the presidential election.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The issue isn't Lurie or the Coach but the GM.
Roseman structured deals so guys have actually outlived their usefulness. See Alshon Jeffrey.
The issue with these yearly restructures is you can't really afford to part with dudes who fall off badly.

While I dislike Stephen Jones as Cap management GM he did learn this lesson with Jay Ratliff.
They have been reluctant to restructure guys with anything less than A+ character and core player roles going out 2-3 years minimum.

AND at least 1 pro bowl appearance. Not many fan notice but if you go back look at just all players who got a 2nd contract, you'll see at least one pro bowl.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Take a look at this .......Wentz is completing LESS than 60% of his passes. Honestly, I think he close to losing his confidence.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/quarterback-qb-stats

I dont judge guys off a bad stretch when they have a 5 years history. And its very very obvious why Wentz is struggling. Bad Oline and has suspect weapons that have been in and out of the lineup. We all know what its like for a QB that has pressure in his face all game long.

quickccc

Reaction score
1 Carlson Wentz Eagles
2 Daniel Jones NYG
3 Alex Smith Wash
4 Andy Dalton Dallas

:dance:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm going Dalton, Smith, Jones, Wentz

There's not enough distinction between them, which is why who wins the East is likely going to come down to which team can protect them the best and which team can get after them the most.

Right now, I'd give the edge defensively to Washington. Protectionwise, I'm not sure any of the teams have an edge.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
Wentz has performed poorly this season. Mind boggling interceptions and decisions..

But still I think he's the best

1. Wentz
2. Jones
3. Dalton
4. Smith

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ertz isn't the same guy he was. He isn't even their top TE.
The weapons aged because Philly designed that around older dudes like Jeffrey and Ertz.

Philly entered this year with Ertz/Dallas at TE, Jeffrey/DeSean/Raegor/GWard/MGoodwin.
That is a good WR depth chart. But they doubled down on vets and those all crapped out.
In the draft they reached for Reagor. (I loved the kid as his Dad played at Tech just after me but 5'10" guys going in R1 with the depth of this class??)

Still let's not pretend he is stuck with Daniel Jones weapons.
He has solid RBs, a good young TE and a very deep if poorly chosen WR corps that keeps 2-3 legit Wr options on the field.
Just saying the impact could be like when Novachek retired or if Witten missed time with Romo. He clearly is Wentz's go to guy.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Who really cares - rank the best of the worst division in football.

The best of the loooooosers!