News: BTB: There is a new documentary out about Tony Romo and it is well worth your time

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you honestly think Romo was the reason we failed to reach the playoffs in 08, 11, 12 is beyond ridiculous its not even worth having a debate. We got lucky he dragged those teams to .500

And the playoff "defeats" have already been covered in this thread. No need to repeat.

Yes most people are going to hold Prescott to a hire standard. He walked into one of the greatest situations a quarteback can dream of. Has had superior teams then Romo has ever had bar a year, top 10 talent on both sides of the ball the last few years and better coaching.

Dak doesn't hold a candle to Romo skill wise. If you had to pick one to build a team around no one with two functioning brain cells would go with Dak. One was carrying teams until his body broke and one gets carried
I keep telling people...they are not the same player with same team. Very few rookie qbs get that team. Most starting nfl rookie qbs go to shittty teams.

Romo haters are crazy people.

Redline360

Reaction score
I keep telling people...they are not the same player with same team. Very few rookie qbs get that team. Most starting nfl rookie qbs go to shittty teams.

Romo haters are crazy people.
Not even rookies. Most quarterbacks outside a select few would love to be surronded by the talent Dak has had his entire career

The whole argument of (x) quarterback didn't get us into the playoffs / superbowl so they suck is a ridiculous argument. Goes for any team not just the cowboys. A hundred things go into making the "team" work. Granted the QB is the primary part of that roll but not even mahomes or Brady can do it all.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's unfortunate that you never saw better. Roger had Tony Romo's "moxie", Troy Aikman's coolness/precision, Dak's leadership...all rolled into one. I appreciate that Romo got us to move on from Quincy, but I ALSO appreciate that "not ready for the burden was he". He was not fully confident in his abilities until about mid-way through 2012 - that's according to what HE said. So that means even during the 13-3 season - which I predicted collapse week-after-week with Wade Phillips leading us and the epic collapse that started after the GB game - Romo was ALONG FOR THE RIDE. Sorry, I've just seen better.

In short, I'm glad Romo helped push Quincy/Bledsoe/Testaverde, etc. out the door, but I'm also glad he got pushed out too.
I saw better. Roger was one of the greats of all-time. Aikman is a Hall of Famer for a reason, although I do think his Super Bowl success was partly a product of the team he was on. (Of course, that could be said about any Super Bowl-winning QB, including Staubach.) Aikman contributed to it, of course, but I am one of those who thinks Romo might could have gotten at least one ring, too, with the No. 1 defense and complete offense we had then, not to mention the strong coaching. Don't know if he could have, though, because those 49ers teams were nipping at our heels so one step back at any position might have been the difference.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh? I meant the documentary. I enjoyed watching Romo play. I'd just be interested in learning more about the indepth of what the documentary would say.
Fair enough. There might be some hidden gems in there. I'm only saying....just tuning into youtube highlights is truly amazing, let alone watching him play all those years.

But yes...his story should really be one of the great underdog stories ever.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fair enough. There might be some hidden gems in there. I'm only saying....just tuning into youtube highlights is truly amazing, let alone watching him play all those years.

But yes...his story should really be one of the great underdog stories ever.
Exactly, I was one of the biggest supporters of Romo on the old forum. That said, there might be some things that I may have forgotten or didn't know.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Oh I see. You think because I asked you for some clarity, I have some emotional dysfunction.

While you lecture others who they should or shouldn't favor.

mkay.
Was that the tone of your reply? A mere request for clarity? The velvet glove with the iron first inside, eh?

You get what you give..."mkay"?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
win or lose I always enjoyed watching romo play, and always felt like we had a chance to win with him at qb.
except the div round loss to minn 2009, 10 minutes into that game I knew they would lose due to poor coaching and game plan.