News: BTB: There is a new documentary out about Tony Romo and it is well worth your time

foofighters

Reaction score
I guess that means that they are in your eyes since their last Super Bowl win was a year longer than the Cowboys.
"I guess"

That means you couldn't find anything. Also your sentence assumes (and incorrectly, I might add) that they are in my eyes. You know what happens when you assume something.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He didnt say "better"....and already gave credit to the greats you mention.
I mean better EVEN IN THE QUALITIES HE ADMIRED IN ROMO. Re-read my post as carefully as you read his...or perhaps read it for the first time without emotional attachment.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate what Romo did and who he is. Good guy.
We all should appreciate him, you are right. But so many on this forum hate him as much as our current QB.
The guy was an UDFA who ended up not only becoming starting QB for The Dallas Cowboys for many years, but also statistically the best QB in franchise history. That is a fantastic story, and should make for a great documentary. I agree with you too that he really seems like a good guy too.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m definitely going to check the documentary out. I loved Romo. I’m still bitter at Jerry Jones for squandering Romo, Ware, Witten and Dez’s career on his “coach in training “. 4 HOF careers wasted on Jerry’s ego.

But back to Romo. Great guy and great QB who literally gave his up body for the team.

rambo2

Reaction score
"I guess"

That means you couldn't find anything. Also your sentence assumes (and incorrectly, I might add) that they are in my eyes. You know what happens when you assume something.
Yes, it makes an *** out of you.

gtb1943

Reaction score
We all should appreciate him, you are right. But so many on this forum hate him as much as our current QB.
The guy was an UDFA who ended up not only becoming starting QB for The Dallas Cowboys for many years, but also statistically the best QB in franchise history. That is a fantastic story, and should make for a great documentary. I agree with you too that he really seems like a good guy too.
Fan is short for fanatic. Fanatics hate without reason.
There are fans here and there are fanatics here.
The players most hated for the last 10 years here are all from what I have gathered over time ok people; not a real POS in the bunch.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean better EVEN IN THE QUALITIES HE ADMIRED IN ROMO. Re-read my post as carefully as you read his...or perhaps read it for the first time without emotional attachment.
Oh I see. You think because I asked you for some clarity, I have some emotional dysfunction.

While you lecture others who they should or shouldn't favor.

mkay.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fan is short for fanatic. Fanatics hate without reason.
There are fans here and there are fanatics here.
The players most hated for the last 10 years here are all from what I have gathered over time ok people; not a real POS in the bunch.
Fans is short for fanatic in hate or love.

Usually love.

"fans" that hate don't go to the the games or buy jerseys.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
exactly right. Many here became fans BEFORE the current owner involved himself.

Its a tribute to the loyalty of Cowboys fans that they REMAIN here in spite of Krusty the Clown
One of the things that keeps me a fan...is remembering the good old days when you were lucky enough to catch a game on TV (3-4 stations TOTAL!). Box scores in the newspaper sports section. MAYBE get a pre season magazine if you used your lunch money.

The internet is..... fun, education, and diseased. I never imagined being called be called a hater...for yelling or disappointment...back then or now. But there it is. 50 years later.

Like automobiles, the internet brings out the best and worst in people...even here where we should have too much in common for the worst.. Like always say...every human endeavor has its poison.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
He should be in the HOF for dragging some of those pathetic Garret teams to .500 seasons. Only a couple of quarterbacks at that time could have done that. Dak probably wouldn't have won 4 games with those teams

Or you can blame him for letting JG keep his job for so long lol
Such a tired argument. The biggest compliments for Romo is woudve couldve shouldve. Not what he actually accomplished, which is the same exact thing as that QB you mentioned. Yet he is heralded as some great. Very poor man's Favre who choked when it mattered most. Romo had the benefit coming in after some horrendous QB play after Aikman retired. So the bar was set extremely low. So fans gravitated to him. And prop him up and say 'what if this and what if that' which can't ever be proved or discredited. Instead of just judging him for what he was. A guy who could escape pressure and make plays out of nothing but overall, wasn't good enough to elevate a team in the playoffs. But he gets excuses made for him.

I like how one set of narrative is given to one QB vs another with these fans. Romo is some sort of mythical figure if you let Dallas fans describe him. Described as way better than he actually was.

I remember a QB who let his team play their worst ball down the stretch more times than not. The collapse at the end of 2008, 2011 and 2012. His performance in the win or go home end of year games vs the NFC East was very bad.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one has ever defined what it means to be a “choker”. They just throw it around to disparage the guy. Having around twenty five come back victories in the 4th quarter and one of the highest QB ratings in it proves Romo is not a choker. But then there is just selective application of the label to him, as if no QB in the league hasn’t thrown a game losing pick and several of them that, even the greats. The suckier the team you have, the greater chance there is to choke. Likewise, the greater the competition. And that goes for every player on the team.
IT's really amazing...isn;t it? Alleged fans of this team throw that choker label on him. Not just that but "epic choker" "Supreme choker" "eternal choker". "Always choker".

And then when you show them the stats they double down on it.

Truly unfathomable and I'm calling for a psychological study on this matter. :laugh:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Such a tired argument. The biggest compliments for Romo is woudve couldve shouldve. Not what he actually accomplished, which is the same exact thing as that QB you mentioned. Yet he is heralded as some great. Very poor man's Favre who choked when it mattered most. Romo had the benefit coming in after some horrendous QB play after Aikman retired. So the bar was set extremely low. So fans gravitated to him. And prop him up and say 'what if this and what if that' which can't ever be proved or discredited. Instead of just judging him for what he was. A guy who could escape pressure and make plays out of nothing but overall, wasn't good enough to elevate a team in the playoffs. But he gets excuses made for him.

I like how one set of narrative is given to one QB vs another with these fans. Romo is some sort of mythical figure if you let Dallas fans describe him. Described as way better than he actually was.

I remember a QB who let his team play their worst ball down the stretch more times than not. The collapse at the end of 2008, 2011 and 2012. His performance in the win or go home end of year games vs the NFC East was very bad.
I remember his team mates not doing a lot to help him in those so called win or go home games that Romo haters invented the term
And your line about a QB letting his team play their worst? So were you one that kept defending Garrett?
Just another fanatical hater.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
exactly right. Many here became fans BEFORE the current owner involved himself.

Its a tribute to the loyalty of Cowboys fans that they REMAIN here in spite of Krusty the Clown
giphy.gif

Redline360

Reaction score

If you honestly think Romo was the reason we failed to reach the playoffs in 08, 11, 12 is beyond ridiculous its not even worth having a debate. We got lucky he dragged those teams to .500

And the playoff "defeats" have already been covered in this thread. No need to repeat.

Yes most people are going to hold Prescott to a hire standard. He walked into one of the greatest situations a quarteback can dream of. Has had superior teams then Romo has ever had bar a year, top 10 talent on both sides of the ball the last few years and better coaching.

Dak doesn't hold a candle to Romo skill wise. If you had to pick one to build a team around no one with two functioning brain cells would go with Dak. One was carrying teams until his body broke and one gets carried

Eddie

Reaction score
Romo got us 0 Super Bowls. Not interested. Heck, I'd rate him behind Craig Morton in the list of Cowboy QB's. At least Morton got us to a Super Bowl.