News: BTB: Three reasons why Jason Garrett is the best coach for the Dallas Cowboys

the_h0wey

Reaction score
When it comes to Jason Garrett, you either love him or you hate him. When things don’t turn out as expected, fans are left questioning whether or not he’s the right guy for the job. When things don’t turn out as expected year after year for all seven of his seasons as head coach - those questions turn into a straight-up perception that Garrett has got to go. Recently, the always outspoken former Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens came out said that he doesn’t understand why Garrett still has a job in Dallas.

When you really look at it, it doesn’t make sense for Jason Garrett to continue to have his job. [The organization is] not really expanding or progressing even as a team under his coaching tenure there.

And here lies the big problem I have with Owens' remarks and many others who want to see Garrett fired - the organization is expanding. The organization is progressing. And the team continues to get better under Jason’s tenure as the coach. There is a reason that the often-impulsive owner Jerry Jones is hanging with Garrett and that is because he has completely bought into what he’s doing and firmly believes that it will produce a championship team. If Jones didn’t truly believe that, Garrett would be fired. So, the only question that remains to be answered is - is Jones going senile and completely off his rocker with how he views Jason or is there some real substance there that many fans are missing?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...rett-is-the-best-coach-for-the-dallas-cowboys

Jason Garrett is not the best choice as head coach for most high school teams

Sydla

Reaction score
If that’s the priority. If winning was Jerry would step down bring in an experienced or qualified full time GM then let him bring in a HC.

But Jerry only wants to win his way.

We’re over 2 decades into Jerry Ball.

Maybe but I am more talking about fans like you who have constantly made excuses for Garrett.

There are no more excuses in Year 8. If Garrett can’t win in Year 8 under the Jerry model, then it’s time to try again.

Sydla

Reaction score
And did you bash them with the same velocity in a forum setting like this?

I belonged to another board before 2013-14. And yes I crtiticized then quite a bit.

You seemingly are trying to make this about me not liking Garrett personally which is why I criticize him so much.

That’s false. I criticize him a lot because he’s had 7 years and very little to show for it.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, but it deflects the narrative much like those who bashed Romo. Was he responsible for the lack of success or did he help elevate an otherwise hopeless situation?

I think some of it was Romo’s fault too. Yes, I think he was handcuffed by poor coaching and personnel at times, but he also made some questionable decisions at times himself.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well jerry keeps selling and most fans keep buying all this fuss over a team that will more than likely end up in third or fourth place in their division the nfc is loaded with good team with very few questions the cowboys are a really young team loaded with huge question marks

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think some of it was Romo’s fault too. Yes, I think he was handcuffed by poor coaching and personnel at times, but he also made some questionable decisions at times himself.
I agree but did he improve the situation or make it worse.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well jerry keeps selling and most fans keep buying all this fuss over a team that will more than likely end up in third or fourth place in their division the nfc is loaded with good team with very few questions the cowboys are a really young team loaded with huge question marks
Yep . Cowboy fans are like crack heads and Jerry is the pusher . We keep buying whatever crap he deals us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He made it better. He pretty much saved Garrett early in Garrett’s tenure IMO.
That’s a fair argument . No doubt Romo elevated what was probably 4 or 5 win teams to 8-8 while Garrett was rebuilding.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I belonged to another board before 2013-14. And yes I crtiticized then quite a bit.

You seemingly are trying to make this about me not liking Garrett personally which is why I criticize him so much.

That’s false. I criticize him a lot because he’s had 7 years and very little to show for it.
No. I’m not interested in whether you like him personally. I’m assuming all Cowboy fans like our first ex Cowboy player turned coach personally. He has rings as a player. And his dad a scout with Landry. What’s not to like personally?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL. “While he was rebuilding......”
How would you describe taking over a 1-7(6-10) team?

You actually thought those teams with the worst defenses in Cowboy history should have done more? With an aging beatup OL and no running game? How do you think Dak would fare in that offense ?

Sydla

Reaction score
How would you describe taking over a 1-7(6-10) team?

You actually thought those teams with the worst defenses in Cowboy history should have done more? With an aging beatup OL and no running game? How do you think Dak would fare in that offense ?

That team was fairly talented but Phillips lost the team and they imploded. The revisionist history that the team Garrett inherited was a talentless wasteland is certainly not surprising from the Garrett crowd.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That team was fairly talented but Phillips lost the team and they imploded. The revisionist history that the team Garrett inherited was a talentless wasteland is certainly not surprising from the Garrett crowd.
Nobody said wasted talentless . Although I believe in those years only 1 or 2 Pro Bowlers. That’s pretty close to talentless. Lol

Would you like a review of the not only historically bad defense but the futility records it made for NFL.

One of the most telling stats was no team had ever won more than 5 games in NFL history with the stats they put up.

The team had deflated under Wade with horrid drafts. I’m not crediting Garrett although with Romo he did try to hold together a very poor team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You apparently don’t recall the team Garrett took over and the state of the franchise.

You mean the team that won a playoff game the year before?

I seem to remember Wade winning a playoff game in 2009, but then the Jason Garrett fan club has rewritten history to suggest poor Garrett took over an expansion team.

Bottom line is Garrett is a joke and a fraud. I called it "on day 1" when he was promoted. There was another dude at the time that was all over Garrett's jock like you are, cant remember his name....cough*Hostile*cough

I laughed in his face and said his boy was a joke and challenged him to soo many sig bets, I lost count. After I beat him over and over and over like a rented mule, he finally left the site.

8 years of history proved my right, Garrett did turn out to be a joke just like I said "on day 1"......man, I hate being right all the time.:thumbup:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You mean the team that won a playoff game the year before?

I seem to remember Wade winning a playoff game in 2009, but then the Jason Garrett fan club has rewritten history to suggest poor Garrett took over an expansion team.

Bottom line is Garrett is a joke and a fraud. I called it "on day 1" when he was promoted. There was another dude at the time that was all over Garrett's jock like you are, cant remember his name....cough*Hostile*cough

I laughed in his face and said his boy was a joke and challenged him to soo many sig bets, I lost count. After I beat him over and over and over like a rented mule, he finally left the site.

8 years of history proved my right, Garrett did turn out to be a joke just like I said "on day 1"......man, I hate being right all the time.:thumbup:
Of course. Brilliant from Day1. Any other coaches your Brilliance has known from Day 1.

It’s obvious Troll.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Your avoiding the question . This is beginning to smell like a Troll.

Sydla is a great poster, he aint no dam troll...……...problem is that nobody is buying the crap you are selling that your boy is legit.

Your boy Garrett is a loser and Beast, Sydla, and 95% of this board knows it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It’s not about being happy. It’s about realizing Lewis has reached the playoffs as many times as the rest of Bengals history.

You see playoff futility. I see a consistent contender.

This board doesn’t reflect Cowboys Nation. And I’ve only seen a handful of members here bashing Garrett profusely.

You only see what you want to see...……….there was an official poll conducted and sticky at the top of page 1.

95% voted to fire Garrett...………...it even made a headline at another Cowboy site.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wade is only coach in Cowboy history to have a losing record with Romo starting . 1-4 . And that’s not counting the game he went out for season in which they lost too.

Most of all Wade inherited by most critics acclaim a playoff ready team with 13 Pro Bowlers that couldn’t advance.

I really see no sense in waging an argument on who was better or worse. Wades HC record speaks for itself while being an outstanding DC.

But we can all spin facts to support our narrative.

IMO Jerry set Wade up for failure here naming Garrett “ the future of the Cowboys” before naming Wade HC . Wade wasn’t able to bring in any of his coaching assts. Just another example of the dysfunctional mgmt style of Jerry Ball.

I'm just stating facts.

Wade won just as many playoff games in 3 years and Garrett has in 8...………….that is a FACT

You are right, their head coaching records speak for themselves.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Of course. Brilliant from Day1. Any other coaches your Brilliance has known from Day 1.

It’s obvious Troll.

Beast is a troll?

With over 22,000 posts?

I have taken out so many Garrett fan boys these last 8 years...…......you are going have to up your game to compete with me Junior;)