BTB: Three reasons why the Cowboys might consider adding Wentz

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The replies in this thread are going to be priceless.

tenor.gif
BDC, serious question, (and I agree with you they will be) can the responses here be anymore shocking than what we see when some bring up "Start Cooper Rush!" honestly the shock value has hit the cieling on this forum for me... lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rush had a higher qbr than Wentz has had since 2019. I'd say he's better than the guy who couldn't outplay heineke
this. Not sure why we need him at all. Can he even beat out Will Grier for the 3rd QB spot?

manster4ever

Reaction score
But seriously ....... why would anyone give him another chance?
He'd make a solid 3rd stringer if he were to take that role but as a backup? I'm more comfortable with Rush. Wentz is a china doll turnover machine.

Havic

Reaction score
He'd make a solid 3rd stringer if he were to take that role but as a backup? I'm more comfortable with Rush. Wentz is a china doll turnover machine.
Come on now Wentz > Rush all day long even with the turnovers.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Imagine the irony. We sign Wentz. Dak goes down with an injury midway during the 2022 season. Wentz plays lights out - much like Nick Foles did while Wentz was on the sideline with that sideways grimace. Wentz wins the superbowl for the cowboys with aplomb, while Dak grimaces from the sidelines.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A couple years from now you could cross off Wentz and add Prescott. I expect the usual suspects here will actually do it :facepalm:

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
There would be the comedic value of hundreds of threads and thousands of posts claiming that Wentz is better than Dak, but if we wanted a backup who sucks we might as well bring back DeNucci (which is plain English, means hell no to either one.)
The question is would Wentz be better than Will Grier.
For that answer, I'd much rather have DiNucci as my 3rd QB, but Denver already grabbed him, so its too late.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
I could not imagine having radio and wentz in the same qb room. Might be the overall lowest iq tandem in the history of professional sports.

quickccc

Reaction score
Wentz is absolutely useless. He just can’t win games.

I’d take Rush 10 out of 10 times over him.
Wentz is self- destructive.

He's not a winner, and he does not inspire a winning, competitive energy and mentality to his teammates, and apparently coaches.
He's now very gun-shy and tentative and erratic in turnovers. A sloppy operator. Seems like he simply has never recovered from the
horrible beating he took in his last years in Philly when he was taking sacks and very mistake/turnover prone.

Neither Wentz, nor Nick Foles are anything near what they were the year they won the Super Bowl vs NE Pats.