BTB: What Grade Would You Give Trysten Hill's Debut

John813

Reaction score
Hill didn’t look like an All-Pro or even a really good player during his Cowboys debut, but he looked like someone who has talent that is worth mining and trying to figure out. That’s what Rod Marinelli liked so much about him after all.

If I’m to be the judge I’m giving Hill a C overall for his debut, because that’s the definition of average. And to be clear being average here is okay.

The writer and I share the same thoughts on Hill

quickccc

Reaction score
i'm glad that Hill was able to get out there and get his jersey dirty in the trenches, that's the only way he is going to have a chance to develop, and he may be the type that needs a great significant
reps as he is that raw and green.
My question now is what happens to his reps and playing time once DT Antwuann Woods is ready to come back ? Or if they decide Crawford is a ready to go back into the DT rotation?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i'm glad that Hill was able to get out there and get his jersey dirty in the trenches, that's the only way he is going to have a chance to develop, and he may be the type that needs a great significant
My question now is what happens to his reps and playing time once DT Antwuann Woods is ready to come back ? Or if they decide Crawford is a ready to go back into the DT rotation?
Probably inactive again.

fifaguy

Reaction score

Are Crawford and Woods back next week already? That's a good question. Interested to see if he still gets some reps in at that point.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I was at the game and tried focusing in on him for series. He got easily taken to the ground twice, and slaws stonewalled every other time I watched.

Yeah, I saw similar things.

I think he’s so raw fundamentally that he’s getting manhandled by NFL caliber offensive linemen. I think he’s a one-trick pony at this point with ability to burst off the line at the snap and penetrate.

It’s obviously too early to make pronouncements. Hopefully he evolves into a quality contributor.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Wait...he was actually ACTIVE and he PLAYED!?!?

200.webp

Watched the entire game...TWICE and I didn't see him. :laugh:

So, I'd guess I'd have to give him an extension since he, or I, slept through the test.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw similar things.

I think he’s so raw fundamentally that he’s getting manhandled by NFL caliber offensive linemen. I think he’s a one-trick pony at this point with ability to burst off the line at the snap and penetrate.

It’s obviously too early to make pronouncements. Hopefully he evolves into a quality contributor.

He wasn't bad, but wasn't particularly good. He looked like he belonged in the league, but I think that's all we can say for now.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Trapped.....rod m scheme makes it easy for teams
Remember when d.irving, vrs Eagles, got trapped in the run games dang near a dozen times tharpt game.
Traps are the DTs responsibility to feel. Rule one when coming across the line when you receive little to no resistance is think screen or trap. There is a reason why its called a trap block, you came across thinking you did something and fell into the trap of the opposing offenses play calling.

Jipper

Reaction score
so we got average play out of a late 2nd round pick rookie in his debut? I'd say that's pretty much par for the course

Mr_437

Reaction score
He looked easy to move from the 2 plays I saw of him...