News: BTB: WR Amari Cooper lands in Top 10 WR list

Techsass

Reaction score
Not sure why he had problems on the road, but the man is darn good at his job.

Side note: I see one of their articles is that we'll probably improve on our 8-8 record. Didn't read it, but I don't think that's wandering too far out on the branch.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not sure why he had problems on the road, but the man is darn good at his job.

Side note: I see one of their articles is that we'll probably improve on our 8-8 record. Didn't read it, but I don't think that's wandering too far out on the branch.

I think a lot of it coincided with his lower body injuries. There were a few games he played in where he probably just needed to stay sidelined and get healthier. I hate that the injuries are chronic, but at least they don't seem to hamper him every year. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and show why he belongs in that top 10.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Per BTB:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-of-pro-football-focus-top-ten-wide-receivers

Cowboys WR Amari Cooper lands inside of Pro Football Focus’ top ten wide receivers

Amari Cooper is a top 10 WR according to PFF

Cooper more healthy and taking more reps in the slot could see the best version of him as a Cowboy. Consistency is his biggest issue, especially away from Dallas. He cannot disappear in the big games, big moments. It's also up to the coaches to scheme better ways to get him the football and keep him involved early in games.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
There are fewer than 10 WRs who can produce regardless of the opponent/scheme. Amari is as good or better than the rest.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amari will be #1 by the end of the season. :D

Gallup's improvement and the addition of Lamb will help him to achieve that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good to semi-great horse with a bad jockey esp against good defense when he disappears......:(

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Amari fan because of his inconsistency, but #9 seems fair.

His two worst games were 1 catch for 3 yards against the Jets and 0 for 0 against New England.

In the Jets' game, he was injured on the first possession and did not play the rest of the game. Against New England, the conditions were terrible and the whole offense bogged down.

Before the New Orleans game (5 for 48), he had an MRI on his right ankle because of soreness while he was still dealing with problems with his left foot. In fact, he was dealing with injuries to both legs throughout much of the season, so I think that goes to show just how good he is that he was still able to have as many big games as he did.

The problem Cooper ran into last year is that the injuries limited him some, and against quality corners you need to be at the top of your game.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I think injuries kept him from being higher. He is the best route runner in the NFL IMO. If he stays healthy in this slightly different offense he could easily be the best WR in the NFL.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You guys aren't gonna want to hear this but, if Rogers were throwing to Amari, he would be #1 in my opinion. Cooper is always open.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think a lot of it coincided with his lower body injuries. There were a few games he played in where he probably just needed to stay sidelined and get healthier. I hate that the injuries are chronic, but at least they don't seem to hamper him every year. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and show why he belongs in that top 10.
I'm sure JG thought having him out there spread out the defense . We had a respectable young core of guys that didn't get an opportunity, because he's a stubborn fool.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You guys aren't gonna want to hear this but, if Rogers were throwing to Amari, he would be #1 in my opinion. Cooper is always open.
If Big Mac was his coach this may have some validation. Since he is coaching Dak now #1 is still in Amari's future

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If Big Mac was his coach this may have some validation. Since he is coaching Dak now #1 is still in Amari's future

Perhaps, remains to be seen, but the bottom line is that Dak has had cooper for a season in a half or so and while his production has been decent, he has the capability to be #1 because he's doing the work to have those numbers. He is literally open every play.