News: BTB: WR Amari Cooper lands in Top 10 WR list

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Perhaps, remains to be seen, but the bottom line is that Dak has had cooper for a season in a half or so and while his production has been decent, he has the capability to be #1 because he's doing the work to have those numbers. He is literally open every play.
Number 1 offense in the NFL with a hurt Cooper is pretty good and that's with JG as HC. Those are the undisputable facts.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Number 1 offense in the NFL with a hurt Cooper is pretty good and that's with JG as HC. Those are the undisputable facts.

Number 1 Offense? Prove it. There is definitely room to dispute that.

Cooper hurt? Prove it, he was open all the time, hurt or not so you can say he was hurt but so what? He was still open a lot more often and easily able to post better numbers.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Number 1 Offense? Prove it. There is definitely room to dispute that.

Cooper hurt? Prove it, he was open all the time, hurt or not so you can say he was hurt but so what? He was still open a lot more often and easily able to post better numbers.
I didn't read past this. My Dad told me a long time ago that you can't argue with a crazy person.....even if it's act

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I didn't read past this. My Dad told me a long time ago that you can't argue with a crazy person.....even if it's act

But he didn't tell you about what's important about Offense? Why do you play Offense? So you can score. Where did we rank last season in scoring? 11th in the NFL.

God Bless your Dad. Maybe talk to him more but don't tell me that our Offense was number 1 last year if you can't back up that position.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
But he didn't tell you about what's important about Offense? Why do you play Offense? So you can score. Where did we rank last season in scoring? 11th in the NFL.

God Bless your Dad. Maybe talk to him more but don't tell me that our Offense was number 1 last year if you can't back up that position.
giphy.gif

quickccc

Reaction score
How would Amari Cooper rank on Your Top WR List?
Mine:

1) Julio Jones ATL
2) Michael Thomas NO
3) DeAndre Hopkins Az
4) Tyrek Hill KC Chiefs
5) OJ Beckham Jr. Clev
6) Davante Adams GB
7) Chris Godwin TB
8) Mike Evans TB
9) Davante Parker Mia
10) Amari Cooper Dal
11) Stephone Diggs Buff
12) Keelan Allen SD
13) Tyler Lockett Sea
14) Adam Theilen Vikes
15) Deebo Samuels Niners
16) Courtland Sutton Denv
17) DJ Clark jax
18) Jarvis Landry Clev
19) DJ Metcalf Sea
20) DJ Moore Car
21) AJ Brown Titans
22) Terry McClaughlin Wash
23) JuJu Smith Pitt
24) Robert Woods
25) Cooper Kupp

Similar ?
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-the-nfls-top-25-wide-receivers-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Williamsboys

Reaction score
"On the road again,.just can't wait to get Off the road again" Claude Rains in a football uniform.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The disappears stuff is overblown by most on this board, a lot of the blame goes to the coordinator. Coop played through injuries for the most part.
Scheme and QB. If our wr is being schemed harder than the previous team and our playcalling has the hot read going elsewhere im not going to say Cooper suddenly sucks for "road games". We all know his ability.

fivetwos

Reaction score
My goodness we need some football to be played in a big way.

Longest offseason ever with same topics beaten to death.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yet hes paid like a top 2? he an dak are a great combo..
He's paid that way because of timing. Just like with QB or other positions, pay isn't a position ranking or based on a poll that ranks players. Market conditions and pay levels change every year - they don't freeze in place until the next time the top 1 or 2 guys negotiate a new deal.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's paid that way because of timing. Just like with QB or other positions, pay isn't a position ranking or based on a poll that ranks players. Market conditions and pay levels change every year - they don't freeze in place until the next time the top 1 or 2 guys negotiate a new deal.

really thats flawed common sense, so what the next WR , any wr that considered a starter gets 20-23mil? all of them? NO THEY DONT, Beasly didnt get 20mil nor would he EVER..it not market for all 22 starters thats not the way it works at all..sometimes you simply get overpaid and AC is one of them..

theres Elites they get next man up money and tier 2 get tier two money and so on and so forth....

not every tom dick and harry jags can ask for market money or they all would make the same money.. AC to me like Dak is tier two guy not Eilte and would be paid to their ranking not market with the elite guys..its done so we can move on but as much as i am against Dak making more then 34 i was against Amari making over 18..thats my opinion..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
really thats flawed common sense, so what the next WR , any wr that considered a starter gets 20-23mil? all of them? NO THEY DONT, Beasly didnt get 20mil nor would he EVER..it not market for all 22 starters thats not the way it works at all..sometimes you simply get overpaid and AC is one of them..

theres Elites they get next man up money and tier 2 get tier two money and so on and so forth....

not every tom dick and harry jags can ask for market money or they all would make the same money.. AC to me like Dak is tier two guy not Eilte and would be paid to their ranking not market with the elite guys..its done so we can move on but as much as i am against Dak making more then 34 i was against Amari making over 18..thats my opinion..
That's not what I said. You are acting as if I said market conditions are identical for every player at every level of player, but I did not. The market factors in a lot of things, including supply and demand, previous contracts of players at similar levels, cap availablity of the teams wanting a player, and ...… here it comes .... skill level.

The point was that even though Cooper might not be considered at exactly the same level as someone else, the market conditions change so he isn't locked into taking less than that player if that player as if there is some poll that ranks players and dictates that pay level has to follow that poll. That's not how markets work. Market conditions do not stagnate and prior contracts do not set the limits of subsequent contracts. Obviously quality is a factor, and clearly someone like Cole Beasley isn't going to get the same level as a top tier starter, but Cooper is considered a top starter and much better than someone like Beasley.

It's basic economics, and works the same in all kinds of markets. A lesser house may sell today for more than a better house sold for 2 years ago when the housing market was different. That doesn't mean a shack in a bad neighborhood is ever going to sell more for more than a new 5 bedroom house in a desired neighborhood, but it could mean a new 4 bedroom house in similar condition in a neighborhood in a slightly less desired neighborhood could sell for more.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think a lot of it coincided with his lower body injuries. There were a few games he played in where he probably just needed to stay sidelined and get healthier. I hate that the injuries are chronic, but at least they don't seem to hamper him every year. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and show why he belongs in that top 10.
The injuries slowed him in Oakland, too.

These speed receivers are like throughbread horses.

The always get the wheels dinged then get pounded some more when defenses know they are vunerable.

I think that happen this year alot.

Hopefully with Lamb around..he holds up better.

Putting Amari in the slot sounds all good and fine.

But worries me he gets bounced around more coming across the middle.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not sure why he had problems on the road, but the man is darn good at his job.

Side note: I see one of their articles is that we'll probably improve on our 8-8 record. Didn't read it, but I don't think that's wandering too far out on the branch.

I think the "road game blues" was something of a statistical fluke. I went through the games. There tended to be other things going on during those games. I didn't see Cooper as really having a big problem away. Here we go:

Low Yardage Cooper Games
0 - NE - Crappy conditions, and Belichick.
3 - Jets - I don't think he played the full first drive.
19 - LAR - Zeke and Pollard combined for 300 yards from scrimmage. We won +23. Why bother throwing? Dak only *attempted* 8 passes to WRs, 2 to Cooper.
28 - PH2 - Dak couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
38 - DET - Looks like a crappy game for Cooper, in a Dome, only caught 3 of 8. But a win.
44 - WA - Quiet game, another win, Cooper caught 4 of 5.
48 - NO - We were just really dumb. When we passed on 1st down it was working, and when we ran it didn't. Naturally, we kept running.
I'd throw out the Jets, LAR, PH2 at least.

You can look at aggregate stats, but sometimes the details tell a different story.