Bubble player you'll be rooting for this TC.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Bruce Thornton

Pretty much written off as a CB prospect. He could be a possible sleeper at the FS position.

I'd like to see this myself.

The knock on him in the various scouting reports I've read about him was that he needed the play to be in front of him. So naturally, many scouts projected him as a FS in the NFL.

Makes sense and I hope he is given a chance there. W/ the depth at CB and the lack of at FS, this too makes sense.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I think petitie or however you spell it. Not sure if hes considered a bubble player, but I am starting to like this guy.

Gaede

Reaction score
Bruce Thornton, Goolsby and Terrence Copper.

I wouldn't say Copper is a bubble guy exactly, cause he did a good job last year...But it seems Crowder might push him a little bit, and given the choice, I'd prefer we keep Copper to Crowder

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
My bubble player is Tyson Thompson.

My underdog favorites are Patrick Crayton, Kalen Thornton, Lousaka Polite, and Scott Shanle.

My big name player that I am pulling for to really show up is Drew Bledsoe.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Lousaka Polite by a landslide...

honorable other mentions... Petitti, Tarullo, and Ratliff

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for special teams aces, dedicated workout guys and corners that turn for the ball.

Of the roster bubble guys, really rooting for Keith O'Neil;
Favorite players in position battles are Peterman, Henry, Davis, Frazier and Crayton

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Goolsby and Fowler, because we need the help at inside LB in this 3-4.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Crowder..I like to see hard work pay off.

(And I also want to see Todd Haley actually work)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
fiveandcounting said:
would you consider Lance Frazier a bubble guy?
I would consider him a bubble guy since I was less than impressed with him last year. I don't know if Parcells would consider him one or not.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
My bubble player to make the team is Jon Condo. I'm betting that he's close enough to Robinson in performance that the cap savings make keeping him worthwhile.

My bubble player that gets cut that everyone questions out loud is Gurode.

mperfection

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Mike Goolsby and Tyson Thompson for the bubble guys.

Underdogs I'm rooting for to be surprise starters are Pettiti, Beriault, and Polite.

Player I'm most excited to watch is a tie between Witten and Julius.

Still prefer to see Henson than the retread but will wait patiently.
Why the fascination with Goolsby? If he's a keeper, I hope it's at ILB. I think we're fine on the outside.

Hailmary

Reaction score
fiveandcounting said:
would you consider Lance Frazier a bubble guy?

The offseason acquisition of Glenn didn't help. Then things got a little better w/ the trade of Hunter....

I also think if they experiment w/ Thornton at FS (not saying this is going to happen or if this is even an option, but I'd like to see it happen) it would be one less body to compete w/.

So if we are to carry 5 CBs, and assuming that Newmann, Henry and Glenn are locks, that would leave Frazier, Thornton, Jones, and Reeves to fight it out for the final 2 spots. Am I forgetting anyone?

So yes, I do consider Frazier a bubble guy (although he may have the upper hand at this point because of the game experience he got last year...more than the others anyway).

Or maybe we'll carry six? I forget how many were on the roster last year.

Of the four, I think the victors will be the ones that can stay healthy and not miss ANY practices. A strained hammy could be a fatal blow.

Stank

Reaction score
Woody Dantzler - a super athlete, an excellent ST player who needs to knock Lynn Scott out of the picture

Andre Gurode - a really good college player that had a pretty good rookie year at center.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Everytime, I think of Dantzler, I think of the punt/kick return against the 49ers. Heck, just put him back there to bring them back.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I forgot about Woody.

I actually am hoping he does NOT make the team (and I don't think he will). The Woody experiments are getting somewhat tiresome (JMO).

And I don't get what the fascination is w/ this guy. Is it from that single return? I must be missing something...

Stank

Reaction score
Agreed HHW!

I would also find ways to put him in on trick plays and give him the ball.