Twitter: Bucky Brooks, yeah he said it (Dak)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I say it time and time again.......people complain about the defense...complained about the crappy field position from special teams....complained about Garrett.....its like people expect these players to overcome crappy coaching....Mahomes isn't asked to do that.....Brees never was...Brady never was..good quarterback play usually is lead by good coaching....

Most of these pinks on here though Brady was over the hill 5 years ago.

ccb04

Reaction score
0-4 last year if the Falcons just field the onsides kick instead of watching it bounce.

And in 3 of those games, the defense gave up
39 points (Falcons - won by a miracle)
38 points (Seahawks)
49 points (Browns)

Turnovers by the offense was a problem, but no team is winning many games giving up those kinds of point totals.

In week 5, they managed to give up 34 points to an inept Giants offense...and followed that up by getting waxed by Arizona and Washington by a combined score of 63-13. An even worse recipe, not scoring and not stopping even bad to mediocre offenses.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Ever since Bucky started writing for the team he's been waxing poetic on all things Cowboys.

I like him. I think he's outstanding covering the draft and I'd even hire him to GM my team but I don't take him seriously when the topic is the Cowboys.
He has been a Dak's fan for a long time so no surprise

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yeah, another year of worrying about Dak's stats more than the Cowboys success.
The best 8-8 quarterback who ever played.
If you don't believe me, just ask his brother.

I don’t know why, but for some reason I feel like your reasoning is the stupidest of the entire Dak hater group.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Two seemingly unchangeable realities in the endless Dak debate:

1. For the “Dak-haters”: even if Dak were to win the SB and MVP, he would get no credit for it. The logic would go something like this... “The SB trophy does not validate Dak’s value at QB. After all, this is a “team game” and “bus-drivers” like Hostetler, Dilfer, and Foles have won trophies, and the MVP vote is rigged. They wanted Dak to win because of his “story”, not because he actually is a good QB. Plus— look at all the weapons he has on offense— ANY other QB would do MORE with that arsenal amiright?”

2. For the Dak-excusers: No matter how many slow starts, no matter how many games Dak struggles against good defenses— it will be always someone else’s fault. “They are using Dak the wrong way!! Moore sucks!! If we had a real OC we would be playing with the lead every time! And our D sucks! If they would stop somebody once a game— maybe Dak wouldn’t have to put the team on his back and play “hero-ball” every week. And ALL QBs struggle against good defenses... look at Dak’s career stats he is as good as (points to exhibit A, B, and C)”

Then wash, rinse, repeat ad nauseum and around and around we go. No end in sight lol. We are as entrenched along party lines as the government lol

starfan1

Reaction score
Two seemingly unchangeable realities in the endless Dak debate:

1. For the “Dak-haters”: even if Dak were to win the SB and MVP, he would get no credit for it. The logic would go something like this... “The SB trophy does not validate Dak’s value at QB. After all, this is a “team game” and “bus-drivers” like Hostetler, Dilfer, and Foles have won trophies, and the MVP vote is rigged. They wanted Dak to win because of his “story”, not because he actually is a good QB. Plus— look at all the weapons he has on offense— ANY other QB would do MORE with that arsenal amiright?”

2. For the Dak-excusers: No matter how many slow starts, no matter how many games Dak struggles against good defenses— it will be always someone else’s fault. “They are using Dak the wrong way!! Moore sucks!! If we had a real OC we would be playing with the lead every time! And our D sucks! If they would stop somebody once a game— maybe Dak wouldn’t have to put the team on his back and play “hero-ball” every week. And ALL QBs struggle against good defenses... look at Dak’s career stats he is as good as (points to exhibit A, B, and C)”

Then wash, rinse, repeat ad nauseum and around and around we go. No end in sight lol. We are as entrenched along party lines as the government lol
No different than previous qb

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
No different than previous qb

The Dak debate is more intense for a few reasons:

1. The way he took Romo’s job resulted in controversy
2. His initial rookie season set expectations incredibly high
3. The national media has decided to focus on the “Is Dak a good QB” debate in a way it didn’t with Romo.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don’t want any expectations levied on this team or any player. They are a curse for us. We only excel when no one expects us to do anything. Anytime we get hype, we tank

starfan1

Reaction score
The Dak debate is more intense for a few reasons:

1. The way he took Romo’s job resulted in controversy
2. His initial rookie season set expectations incredibly high
3. The national media has decided to focus on the “Is Dak a good QB” debate in a way it didn’t with Romo.

I don't know Hawk I guess we see things a bit different. I'm not a Romo supporter by any means but he had been ridiculed for years and some of the criticism was accurate and some over the top. In every cowboy forum I've been in has had that debate to nauseum.

i don't think The Dak debate is more intense. Its because of the previous QB that its a debate and i guess that goes to your 1st point. in fact maybe a little bit of all you mentioned I just think there is a reason Cowboy fans are so despised. We can be a stubborn honery bunch and we can debate just about anything to Nauseum because we believe we know better than anyone the ins and outs of our team.

JMO

MikeB80

Reaction score
4-0 if we had a defense.

100% false.

the offense was not good versus the Rams and were not good until late vs the browns and kept giving the ball up. Dal had I believe three more would be interceptions dropped in the second half.

this it was all the defenses fault narrative consumes from the Cowboys and the fans believe it and spread it around.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You are either very wrong or we are all screwed for some time to come.

Well he IS one of the guys who said Andy Dalton would make the offense even better than Dak did when Dak went down. So there's that..

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak had a good month last season. Expecting it to translate over to this season is possibly asking too much.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
100% false.

the offense was not good versus the Rams and were not good until late vs the browns and kept giving the ball up. Dal had I believe three more would be interceptions dropped in the second half.

this it was all the defenses fault narrative consumes from the Cowboys and the fans believe it and spread it around.

The offense had a lead at halftime against the Rams and was a blown OPI call away from winning that game.. The offense also had a 14-7 lead after the first quarter against the Browns.. The three more would be interceptions dropped are a product of faulty memory or your own anti-Dak agenda.. If the defense gives up 41 points in three quarters against an opponent.. they ARE going to get the lion share of the blame. The drive lengths tell the story.. 69 yards, 75, 34 , 51, 71, 70. You want to blame the offense for the one drive fine.. Who gets the blame for the 5 other drives? Especially the 4 that were at least 69 yards. Please stop minimizing how bad the defense was last year. They were terrible.. at one point they were on pace to set NFL records for points allowed. Only a string of backup QBs late in the season saved them from that honor.

Ken

Reaction score
100% false.

Oh, so it is only ok to play "ifs and buts" if it is in the negative?

Gotcha.