Bucs game likely comes down to the OLs

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL, I know, hardly deep analysis there.

Both OLs have serious questions. Whichever holds up best against DLs that probably have edges on them will likely be the deciding factor in the game.

Our strength is likely on the edges with Parsons and Lawrence but both tackles for TB are good although Wirfs is banged up. Their interior OL is basically all new. Losing Jensen was a big blow just like losing Smith was a blow for us.

Conversely, we have questions at just about every OL position other than RG.
Almost all games come down to the pits

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Both defensive fronts are going to have some fun. That’s for sure.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
I think our offensive line is going to fool a lot of people

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Both OLs have serious questions. Whichever holds up best against DLs that probably have edges on them will likely be the deciding factor in the game.

Our strength is likely on the edges with Parsons and Lawrence but both tackles for TB are good although Wirfs is banged up. Their interior OL is basically all new. Losing Jensen was a big blow just like losing Smith was a blow for us.

100% agreed.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After Brady having a fight with the wife. I expect him to come out 100% pissed. They should be a really good game to win. This game is going to show how good we really are right off the bat

glimmerman

Reaction score
sheesh, again you are suggesting that the front office never saw the day coming that Ty wouldn't be on the field game 1..and you are suggesting other teams are proactive in their approach to rosters....don't worry, we got this, lol
Maybe the bucs are worse off than we are. They will be weak in the middle. We got a potential replacement for Tyron. But I don’t believe the FO expected Tyron to be out this soon. I did not either. I would have had him wrapped in bubble wrap.

LittleD

Reaction score
Doesn't matter a bit how close the game is in the 4th quarter, the Refs and their hankies at crunch time will doom the Cowboys once again. The Commish has spoken.

GINeric

Reaction score
Burrow played most of last season that way and almost won the super bowl. Don't you think it's about time we stop putting so much blame on the o'line? Burrow proved to the world that you can still get the job done with a bad o'line. His line was far worse than Dak's last season yet the Daksters are hell bent on blaming the 2021 season solely on the o'line.

Its not just an o-line.... which receiver/ running back combo did we have better than the Bengals?? Which offensive coordinator did we have thats better than the Bengals???

Im definitely not taking ANYTHING from Burrow because I believe the dude is special. We'll see!! With that said, its more to the quarterbacking situation than just the quarterback. The comparisons of one man vs another man, then leaving out the overall engine it takes to make a offense successful his hilarious.

Sydla

Reaction score
Almost all games come down to the pits

People keep saying this but it's not always the case. We've seen games where Aaron Rodgers, for example, would get hammered all game but still pull out wins because he was 1) Aaron Rodgers 2) he was throwing to studs like Adams.

Havic

Reaction score
Turnovers and special teams will decide the game.

kskboys

Reaction score
Will come down to 3rd and 4th down stops.

And takeaways.
Which means getting in Brady's face and staying there!!!!

If we drop into some stupid coverage package, we lose. Brady loves the 3 man rush!!!!!!

quickccc

Reaction score

- Expect Brady to go no huddle and quick passes early/often vs Parson led rush, while also limits Quinn’s often sub-packages, and tire out our front rush.

- I would want top tier pressure right up the middle vs a pure pocket passer. ..they don't have their elite interior anymore.

- And i've heard players and coaches say repeatedly how it's harder for their QBs to have to step up with the pocket being pushed back into them,
than just sidestepping past edge rushers.

- Plus vs Bucs last year, seems like the Bucs had their RBs in so many pass routes, and didn't we had Parsons more in coverage than on pass rushes ?
Ditto vs NE Pats ?

- Bucs RBs cannot handle Parsons blitzes, imo.

- Diggs pretty much shut down WR Mike Evans, but it was Ex-Buc WR Antonio Brown that did on a number on us, primarily vs Anthony Brown
(one of the two real bad games by Ant Brown in '21)

- Julio Jones should be a shell of his HOF days, and Godwin (like Gallup) coming off ACL recovery, dunno if he even plays but Brady is still high level playing.-.even a Gage could be big. .

- Another minus for Brady, there is no Rob Gronk this time around,, another who did a number on us. But TE Cameron Bratz is no slouch either.

- i don't think we will be able to run the ball vs Bucs stout run defense- especially in the middle, I would like misdirection edge runs and quick screen passes by Pollard.

- To Kellen, Don’t abandon the run,.. at least make an attempt to run so it can still help play-action passes.

quickccc

Reaction score
Which means getting in Brady's face and staying there!!!!

If we drop into some stupid coverage package, we lose. Brady loves the 3 man rush!!!!!!

Brady also loves to counter attack blitzes... he's probably still the best QB in that area

quickccc

Reaction score
Could it also come down to special teams ..and the FG kicking game ? (Yikes !! :eek:)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This game will be a quarterback dual. The youngest will outlast the oldest.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Our strength is likely on the edges with Parsons and Lawrence but both tackles for TB are good although Wirfs is banged up. Their interior OL is basically all new

Thinking about this makes me wonder about our 3T performance this year. I don't recall hearing anything about Osa in camp and he's top of depth chart.