Build the team around Micah

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Building a team around Micah and you will have Micah and the 10 dwarves on defense. This FO, looking at you Stevie boy, has no idea how to work the cap in their favor. When to go all in, and when to cut your losses. Guess they didn't teach him that in his chemical engineering classes at Hogtown. He learned it from Daddy who made his initial money wildcatting where the success rate is around 25%. No wonder these two have for the past three decades been the blind leading the blind.
Hire a GM and director of player personnel with 20/20 vision and get the heck out of the way.

The point is, i have no confidence at all these two could build a team period.. PERIOD..

ghst187

Reaction score
I say trade him for a slew of picks.

The guy is a no show when it counts.

Big contract players need to make big time plays.
My thoughts exactly. He started running his mouth without ever backing it up. Now he just looks like an idiot. Win something first, or at least show up in big games. His value will never be higher, I’d trade him in a heartbeat if someone will give me two firsts

Chasing6

Reaction score
I know this isn't going to be popular with a lot of you at a time like this, but let's give it some thought at least. I welcome your thoughts. In some ways, he's probably the best/most popular player on the team. He's well respected by offensive coordinators as they have to game plan for him. He's fiery speaks his mind, and he has a way of getting to jerry to which Jerry will listen. I think only the QB has the same power to do this as Micah does. He's young, and has a lot of football left to him. With that said, can he be too talkative, is his focus fully on football, does he love the game. My heart of hearts says yes!

We need to build a team around him, get some big beefy nasty sloppy guys to help him. We need others on the DL if he's going to take double teams, to get to the QB and take advantage of those one on one opportunities. Could he field us the most in a trade right now, i'm pretty sure he could. They did a comparison with the Khalil Mack trade years ago for 2 first round picks a 3rd and a 6th. Could we get that or better, who knows???/ Please give your thoughts, should we build this team around our young pass rusher (war daddy)
As soon as we extend Micha to big money he will get hurt.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Honestly and this is just me but I think this is exactly what Jerry is planning to do. He is already the new face of the franchise and unlike Dak, he doesn't worry about being politically correct. I know some don't wanna hear this but he's very popular outside Cowboy Nation.

BTW.... those who wanna trade him for a Herschel Walker-type deal, if he's worth that much, maybe we should keep him (lol).
Ahh no.

Majic

Reaction score
I know this isn't going to be popular with a lot of you at a time like this, but let's give it some thought at least. I welcome your thoughts. In some ways, he's probably the best/most popular player on the team. He's well respected by offensive coordinators as they have to game plan for him. He's fiery speaks his mind, and he has a way of getting to jerry to which Jerry will listen. I think only the QB has the same power to do this as Micah does. He's young, and has a lot of football left to him. With that said, can he be too talkative, is his focus fully on football, does he love the game. My heart of hearts says yes!

We need to build a team around him, get some big beefy nasty sloppy guys to help him. We need others on the DL if he's going to take double teams, to get to the QB and take advantage of those one on one opportunities. Could he field us the most in a trade right now, i'm pretty sure he could. They did a comparison with the Khalil Mack trade years ago for 2 first round picks a 3rd and a 6th. Could we get that or better, who knows???/ Please give your thoughts, should we build this team around our young pass rusher (war daddy)
100% agree, well the whole Defense should be built around him anyway. A scheme that gets the best out of his abilities (3-4). Slowly season by season we are wasting his unique skills, a case of diminishing returns. I can see why he is getting frustrated. I would not be surprised if next season at some point he criticises the scheme.

I suspect someone like Rex Ryan would have told the Jones' this but they have their own ideas.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You build around a QB not a DL
You trade the DL to get a QB

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Micah is the defensive version of Dak. He disappears in every big game. Add to that he gets the ball run down his throat until he vomits. Dallas is truly blessed to have an offensive Houdini and a defensive Houdini on the same team.

The bigger the occasion, the better their disappearing act.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I say trade him for a slew of picks.

The guy is a no show when it counts.

Big contract players need to make big time plays.
To add to this, Micah's flashes of dominance are predicated on deity level athleticism. How long until that's gone?

Micah is the least safe player to pay, IMO.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am no fan of Parsons. Elite talent. Mental midget. Sad really. That said watching one of the worst franchises in sports tarnish him and decrease his value is astounding.

Brooksey

Reaction score

Yes build around Micah, he has insane talent.
One of the most talented I've seen in 40 years.

You have a chance to build the #1 defense with his pressure

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

You pot stirrer you!

2 points: we already have a big beefy sloppy guy next to him that we used a 1st rd pick on. I mean, he sucks, but he's definitely big, fat, sloppy and blubbery. (Your words, not mine) (except the blubbery part :D

As far as trade value...now I'm always the guy policing the idiotic Dak trade proposals around here when people propose we trade him for a Top 10 pick (as if the other team has no say so in rejecting a stupid offer for a choke artist QB), BUT, when it comes to Parsons.....yeah, Dallas could get a haul for him....and teams (perhaps unwisely) would be crawling over each other to get someone so young with his ability. 2 first rounders easily.....and probably some change. It would probably be from a team good enough to think he's the final piece, so mid to late first, but still. I think it would at least match the Mack deal....and with our QB sitch keeping us from contention ANY time in the near future, I WOULD trade him, and get young. Tear it down and build it up. By the time we find a new legit QB and we're ready to push for a title, Parsons will have aged, and not nearly as valuable

Please give your thoughts

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Honestly and this is just me but I think this is exactly what Jerry is planning to do. He is already the new face of the franchise and unlike Dak, he doesn't worry about being politically correct. I know some don't wanna hear this but he's very popular outside Cowboy Nation.

BTW.... those who wanna trade him for a Herschel Walker-type deal, if he's worth that much, maybe we should keep him (lol).
So are you saying we should have kept Herschel? lol