Buyer Beware

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I don't even mind the Zimmer hire. It just doesn't matter. We have a fatal flaw.

Anyways, the whole thing just reeks of an organization that fears change. Zimmer is familiar so represents as little change as possible.
Jerry doesn't realize change can be a breath of fresh air and really invigorate and propel his team forward. He forgets what excitement he used to have when he too was brand new and helped take his team on a journey that after a few years produced 3 SB's. Familiarity and comfortable is just how old Jerry rolls I'm guessing.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't even mind the Zimmer hire. It just doesn't matter. We have a fatal flaw.

Anyways, the whole thing just reeks of an organization that fears change. Zimmer is familiar so represents as little change as possible.
Yep, we are screwed with this amateur GM.
I will watch with little hope or expectation of post season success.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
If we extend Dak and pay him $60 million a year that will be the end of this long, mostly bitter run I've had being a Cowboys fan. So in a way I hope they do extend him to put me out of my misery. I've suffered enough.

Edit: I'm glad people share the same sentiments that I do. I'm just here to commiserate. I doubt I watch more than 3 hours of next season. That's less than a game. I used to never miss a second of this team.
You sound like me. I watched a total of about 3 games. My priorities have changed. It's just entertainment at this point.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
It's really hard to imagine team improvement. Coaching hasn't gotten better. QB will be the same. Cap situation makes a transformative FA acquisition unlikely. Drafting late every round, and some picks already traded away...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Screenshot-20231026-220907-Photos.jpg

Screenshot-20240117-192810-Photos.jpg

ShiningStar

Reaction score
And rightfully so. Dak the highest paid QB? Yikes! :facepalm:

mere numbers taht shift, nothing last long, nothing is declared or sat upon for years, swift as the pens that sign it, in a few months someone will be paid way more, the market will break teams than they will decide how to change it

Flamma

Reaction score
I preferred Rex Ryan. A guy that can take a Jets team to two consecutive AFC championship games with a crap QB mostly on the road, that's exactly what the Cowboys need.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Auction Dallas fans.....

The sell job, AGAIN, with Zimmer hire, is suppose to be the beginning of the Cowboys organization to buy in again.
Then will come Dak's decision, FA and the draft. Just not buying it.
Was and continues to be the biggest BS story in the NFL.
GO get em Jerry they love eating the BS.........simply LOVE it!!!!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll enjoy watching his play get worse as the talent around him deteriorates and his luck runs out. And then I’ll laugh at Jerry…
OMG, how could he give this guy another contract????????????
Anyway, the laughter will be priceless along with more injuries for DAKCHOKA as you know he has a knack for those!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have hope.
Starts with not extending Dak. I like the player, love the attitude, would like him as a teammate. Just not my QB.
Dusting off Lance and letting him and Dak compete in Mikes dumbed down offense.
Zimmer will take over early in season.
Trade Parsons for a #1 and 2 at least.
Release or trade Dak before deadline.
Bring in a new OC and OL coach.

2025 we'll have a top 15 pick or higher, use all the draft capital we have to draft or trade for A REAL DAMN QB. If the Lance experience fails.
Draft or sign a QB prospect every year.

That's just for starters!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The day Jerry finally wakes up and gets rid of the fraud you and your DBD (Dak before Dallas) buddies will be the ones throwing a temper tantrum because we all know he's the only reason you 'support' this team. Stop projecting.
DBD is a rare and uncurbable disease where the patient places a glue factory horse QB above the team they swear to support.
Dr.HabsCowboysOwn is credited for discovering this disease and how it eventually leads the infected to the CFL to view their man crush.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am on the record as saying this is will only last one year,maybe even less if things go horribly wrong.i predict a complete firing off all staff members after the season.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“We’re going all in”……..with coaches that failed us previously……….but we’re goin’ all in, so thats good…….you can expect Garrett replacing McArthy next year for the “platinum, we’re goin all in next year and this time we really mean it” , so we are clearly headed in the right direction. You just need to be patient, these thing don’t happen overnight.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry doesn't realize change can be a breath of fresh air and really invigorate and propel his team forward. He forgets what excitement he used to have when he too was brand new and helped take his team on a journey that after a few years produced 3 SB's. Familiarity and comfortable is just how old Jerry rolls I'm guessing.
Most older/elderly people have a pretty healthy fear of change.

starfan1

Reaction score
You sound like me. I watched a total of about 3 games. My priorities have changed. It's just entertainment at this point.
It’s always been entertainment if you don’t reside in the locker room.

If it’s been more than that for anyone then perhaps you take it a bit serious

JMO