Buyer Beware

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“We’re going all in”……..with coaches that failed us previously……….but we’re goin’ all in, so thats good…….you can expect Garrett replacing McArthy next year for the “platinum, we’re goin all in next year and this time we really mean it” , so we are clearly headed in the right direction. You just need to be patient, these thing don’t happen overnight.
Is Jerry GORICO?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
My problem is not with Zim he is a good coach. The biggest problem is JJ and son mishandling contracts.

starfan1

Reaction score
Most older/elderly people have a pretty healthy fear of change.
As a 62 year old I would partially agree with you. It’s not fear of change it’s probably more about experience and knowing that change just to remove yourself from the status qou isn’t always the best way to go

Jerry is not losing financially and that’s all that matters to him and I do think the window is still open

I’d say it’s slightly cracked however at this point and with the right moves there still a shot

he does not want to go back to the days of starting over at his age even if there’s example after example in salary cap era of it being mildly successful

San Fran was good then stunk now good again same can be said of a few other franchises

Ultimately it’s his team his money and I’m along for the ride and I just try and enjoy it in a way that works for me

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If we extend Dak and pay him $60 million a year that will be the end of this long, mostly bitter run I've had being a Cowboys fan. So in a way I hope they do extend him to put me out of my misery. I've suffered enough.

Edit: I'm glad people share the same sentiments that I do. I'm just here to commiserate. I doubt I watch more than 3 hours of next season. That's less than a game. I used to never miss a second of this team.
I understand your frustration. Might get to that point myself one of these days, you never know.

But just understand, Jerry won't live forever, once he's gone and if the ever win another SB, you won't get the satisfaction when that happens from coming back to the Cowboys, sticking it out will be a much sweeter feeling.

At least for me.....

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand your frustration. Might get to that point myself one of these days, you never know.

But just understand, Jerry won't live forever, once he's gone and if the ever win another SB, you won't get the satisfaction when that happens from coming back to the Cowboys, sticking it out will be a much sweeter feeling.

At least for me.....
Well...he's a billionaire, so he's probably going to outlive a whole bunch of 1st Gen Cowboys fans...

pitt33

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would buy what the team is selling since all we've gotten are lemons that break down in the playoffs. At this point, every fan should be skeptical until they prove it.

I mean, I have no problem with the Zimmer hire, but it's not my job to search high and low and determine who the best DC would be. That's what you're front office is supposed to do, along with acquiring the talent to compete for titles. This front office has done nothing since the early '90s to show us that we should believe it's making the best decisions.

And I don't mean for that to come off as pessimistic. I think that's just the reality of where we are right now as a team. Expectations should be kept at a one-and-done playoff level at best.
It’s ok to be pessimistic.

The organization is clueless on how to build a championship team.

I’m checked out.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
As a 62 year old I would partially agree with you. It’s not fear of change it’s probably more about experience and knowing that change just to remove yourself from the status qou isn’t always the best way to go

Jerry is not losing financially and that’s all that matters to him and I do think the window is still open

I’d say it’s slightly cracked however at this point and with the right moves there still a shot

he does not want to go back to the days of starting over at his age even if there’s example after example in salary cap era of it being mildly successful

San Fran was good then stunk now good again same can be said of a few other franchises

Ultimately it’s his team his money and I’m along for the ride and I just try and enjoy it in a way that works for me
69 years old here. Mostly agree with your post, except:
1. Money is not all that matters to Jerry. He wants to win another "no-Jimmy" Super Bowl more than anything. He just can't bear to share much of the credit, which is the reason for no more SBs. For goodness sake, he just bought a $250 million yacht, he's got more money than King Midas.

2. The window is not open. Going on 29 years of no Super Bowl or even NFCCG appearances, let alone winning one. If it was going to happen with Jerry as the GM, it would have happened by now. Even if it was open, Jerry's big behind is blocking the opening.

As smart as Jerry is, as you noted he doesn't want to start over at his age, but here's the thing - like you noted, SF stunk twice and, in both cases, returned to the SB in 4 years. So, it can happen relatively quickly.

Jerry's turning 82 this year. As far as we know, he's fairly healthy for his age. (If he's not then my comments below are out the window, of course). And per life expectancy charts, the older you get the more likely you are to be really old.
Didn't look it up, but it's something like if you're 60 you can expect to live to 80, but if you're 80 you can expect to live to 86. So Jerry needs to go back to his old oil business days and take a risk. Tear the team down, or at least greatly rework it and take the risk that he'll be around to see the results.

Jerry also needs to understand that it's not just about what happens when he's alive, he has a legacy to consider. Even if the doesn't live to see the team return to glory after tearing it down, people will say that he did what was necessary and it wasn't all about Jerry Jones the man, Jerry Jones the owner of the Dallas Cowboys was what it was all about. What is Clint Murchison's legacy? Basically, he let Tom Landry alone, had faith in him as the head coach of the Cowboys and did what was necessarily to win SBs. Even though the team had the whole "can't win the big one" label for several years.

Sadly, Jerry doesn't understand that....

J_Allen

Reaction score

At least for me.....
Stephen has been running the team for a few years though...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with Zimmer. His credentials with Minnesota were impressive. His hard nosed approach may ruffle feathers, but I'm glad we have a coach who won't allow nonsense. We were never going to get up and coming young talent at DC, under a lame duck HC.

As far as all in, it's bs. We don't have to cap and it will be business as usual this off-season. Daks deal will take forever and hold our cap hostage.
and you will love it and you will ask for more, more, more....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s ok to be pessimistic.

The organization is clueless on how to build a championship team.

I’m checked out.
I have trouble being totally pessimistic about our team, though, because I badly want the Cowboys to win. My method the last few years has been to hope for the best and expect the worst. They've sucked me back in at times, but I try to maintain that position ... and just enjoy the regular-season ride with the understanding that it's going nowhere.

I think some of our fans crash hard because they start getting Super Bowl dreams when we win a big game or have a successful regular season. I don't consider the Super Bowl a reality for this front office because it hasn't been for 30 years.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and you will love it and you will ask for more, more, more....
Yep they eat whatever Jerry serves and ya come training camp we will be SB bound again in these forums!!!
They can't get enough of it......
give-me-more-a90a5a8785.jpg

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Stephen has been running the team for a few years though...
Jerry has always said, even just a couple of years ago, that he has the final say. Stephen runs the day-to-day operations, but any major decision Jerry is still very much involved. To do otherwise runs contrary to everything Jerry has done over the years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't even mind the Zimmer hire. It just doesn't matter. We have a fatal flaw.

Anyways, the whole thing just reeks of an organization that fears change. Zimmer is familiar so represents as little change as possible.
Fwiw, We did hire Mike Mccarthy and Dan Quinn

Buzzbait

Reaction score
mere numbers taht shift, nothing last long, nothing is declared or sat upon for years, swift as the pens that sign it, in a few months someone will be paid way more, the market will break teams than they will decide how to change it
Simply being the highest paid QB in and of itself is not exactly my problem with it. The real problem with making him the highest paid QB is that he'll be controlling an even higher percentage of the cap than he does now, which is increasingly counterproductive to team building. Hence the cost of runaway greed.
Somehow I don't see that as being what Jerry meant by the term "going all in".

zekecowboy

Reaction score
“We’re going all in”……..with coaches that failed us previously……….but we’re goin’ all in, so thats good…….you can expect Garrett replacing McArthy next year for the “platinum, we’re goin all in next year and this time we really mean it” , so we are clearly headed in the right direction. You just need to be patient, these thing don’t happen overnight.
We are going all in - its going to be a lame duck year in 2024. Massive changes in 2025.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Auction Dallas fans.....

The sell job, AGAIN, with Zimmer hire, is suppose to be the beginning of the Cowboys organization to buy in again.
Then will come Dak's decision, FA and the draft. Just not buying it.
I think more will not buy it this year, and the season wins will not impress many as much as usual.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Auction Dallas fans.....

The sell job, AGAIN, with Zimmer hire, is suppose to be the beginning of the Cowboys organization to buy in again.
Then will come Dak's decision, FA and the draft. Just not buying it.
Some of us are fans for life. That doesn't mean we buy into what Jerry is doing, but in the end the most we can do is be vocal about it. I'm not the type to stop buying gear and all that.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
69 years old here. Mostly agree with your post, except:
1. Money is not all that matters to Jerry. He wants to win another "no-Jimmy" Super Bowl more than anything. He just can't bear to share much of the credit, which is the reason for no more SBs. For goodness sake, he just bought a $250 million yacht, he's got more money than King Midas.

2. The window is not open. Going on 29 years of no Super Bowl or even NFCCG appearances, let alone winning one. If it was going to happen with Jerry as the GM, it would have happened by now. Even if it was open, Jerry's big behind is blocking the opening.

As smart as Jerry is, as you noted he doesn't want to start over at his age, but here's the thing - like you noted, SF stunk twice and, in both cases, returned to the SB in 4 years. So, it can happen relatively quickly.

Jerry's turning 82 this year. As far as we know, he's fairly healthy for his age. (If he's not then my comments below are out the window, of course). And per life expectancy charts, the older you get the more likely you are to be really old.
Didn't look it up, but it's something like if you're 60 you can expect to live to 80, but if you're 80 you can expect to live to 86. So Jerry needs to go back to his old oil business days and take a risk. Tear the team down, or at least greatly rework it and take the risk that he'll be around to see the results.

Jerry also needs to understand that it's not just about what happens when he's alive, he has a legacy to consider. Even if the doesn't live to see the team return to glory after tearing it down, people will say that he did what was necessary and it wasn't all about Jerry Jones the man, Jerry Jones the owner of the Dallas Cowboys was what it was all about. What is Clint Murchison's legacy? Basically, he let Tom Landry alone, had faith in him as the head coach of the Cowboys and did what was necessarily to win SBs. Even though the team had the whole "can't win the big one" label for several years.

Sadly, Jerry doesn't understand that....

This is a hype boy. Pure and pure. Everything they do, takes what Jerry says, makes it about winning.

Where is the evidence Jerry wants to win another SB?

Like math, show your work. I want to see evidence that this man, that has straight said to your face, I will prove to you, everything i do shows i want money, not a SB.

Forget what you are told, concentrate on what he and Stephen has done and show us where if anything, he wants to win a SB. I dont want the words, i want to see it in the organization.

AND GOOOOOOOOOOO