By Keeping Garrett it’s Jerrys way of saying

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
that he understands as we do that Garrett doesnt do much around here. Jerry clearly relies on the coordinators to handle both the offense and the defense. Garrett is his administrator puppet. So in affect, when he doesnt even consider firing Garrett, but considers the coordinators, its pretty obvious the mind set. Its not Garrretts fault because Garrett doesnt do much.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well that sounds like a healthy way to run a football team.

rah rah, clap, speak to the media, pat fannies, be likeable, make sure the players have fun. Thats about it. He doesnt even do anything on game day other then that. Doesnt even know when his punter is going to call a fake punt. Doesnt look at his play book all game long. just sits in his back pants. QB can do whatever he wants no matter what time of the game it is. Run, pass, whatever. The two things he does he is aweful at. Clock management and red flag throwing. This really is romper room around here.

StylisticS

Reaction score
rah rah, clap, speak to the media, pat fannies, be likeable, make sure the players have fun. Thats about it. He doesnt even do anything on game day other then that. Doesnt even know when his punter is going to call a fake punt. Doesnt look at his play book all game long. just sits in his back pants. QB can do whatever he wants no matter what time of the game it is. Run, pass, whatever. The two things he does he is aweful at. Clock management and red flag throwing. This really is romper room around here.

Ouch

diefree666

Reaction score
well its Jerry's world so he gets to make the rules.

Sad thing is that he seems to not get it that we will NEVER win another Lombardi with a HC like that. Because when push comes to shove in the critical moments of a football game the HC has to make some calls that really matter and Red ball is AT BEST mediocre there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
well its Jerry's world so he gets to make the rules.

Sad thing is that he seems to not get it that we will NEVER win another Lombardi with a HC like that. Because when push comes to shove in the critical moments of a football game the HC has to make some calls that really matter and Red ball is AT BEST mediocre there.

mediocre is really really being nice.

LittleD

Reaction score

Ugh! so true and so sickening.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Have you EVER heard of anything so ridiculous? It was the punters call to do the fake punt or not. Head coach was shocked. LOL
Now that I think about it, that is pretty pathetic. To not even know what your players will do on the field and have you looking foolish on the sidelines. He should be embarrassed by that.

cowboysfaninmichigan

Reaction score
that he understands as we do that Garrett doesnt do much around here. Jerry clearly relies on the coordinators to handle both the offense and the defense. Garrett is his administrator puppet. So in affect, when he doesnt even consider firing Garrett, but considers the coordinators, its pretty obvious the mind set. Its not Garrretts fault because Garrett doesnt do much.

He does one thing better than any other coach in the league would or could: kiss JJ's butt. That's what this comes down to. JJ loves him some Red. Doesn't matter if he can't coach, but it would be nice if he could motivate and keep order. He's as worthless as tits on a boar.

lk8701

Reaction score
The only reason JG has a job is because his players don't quit. Remember why Wade Phillips got fired? Because the players quit against the Packers. He lost the lockeroom. JG for some reason still has the lockeroom despite poor schemes, clock management, and in game adjustments.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, that is pretty pathetic. To not even know what your players will do on the field and have you looking foolish on the sidelines. He should be embarrassed by that.

And then on top if it to say that your QB Dak was the one that decided to pass the ball instead of run Zeke on the 1 yard line against Seattle? How can that be? How can your head coach be letting a 2nd year QB decide the fate of the team and your job? Its the twilight zone around here.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I personally, and im not trying to hate here, but by keeping Garrett, JJ is saying, "I have joined the teams that care more about making money than winning the SB, if we win, thats fine, but it is no longer the sole goal of this organization"

Garrett has proving he needs other teams to make mistakes for him to win, he needs the best players at every position and if 1 player goes down, we are in trouble. I honestly dont know if there are coordinators who can compensate, so even new coordinators dont give me enough to say "ok at least they will ignore him for a win"

if it happens great, ill be very happy. I just dont know how much power each person will have and i honestly believe the Jones boys dont care to win anymore.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The only reason JG has a job is because his players don't quit. Remember why Wade Phillips got fired? Because the players quit against the Packers. He lost the lockeroom. JG for some reason still has the lockeroom despite poor schemes, clock management, and in game adjustments.

Im pretty confused about what "dont quit" means. So when we come out in the 2nd half most games and get destroyed or score no points that is not quitting? Why? Just because the guys are hustling around and look into the game? Did Zeke quit against Denver earlier in the year?

So losing and playing hard is better than losing and not playing hard? EVERY guy is playing hard? When Dez takes plays off is that not quitting?

LittleD

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen have just the HC they always wanted... a "say nothing", "do nothing", "know nothing" guy to is totally loyal to the
ownership. What's there nothing not to like about that scenario. When you live in a Jones "bubble" you only have to worry about
counting your money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I personally, and im not trying to hate here, but by keeping Garrett, JJ is saying, "I have joined the teams that care more about making money than winning the SB, if we win, thats fine, but it is no longer the sole goal of this organization"

Garrett has proving he needs other teams to make mistakes for him to win, he needs the best players at every position and if 1 player goes down, we are in trouble. I honestly dont know if there are coordinators who can compensate, so even new coordinators dont give me enough to say "ok at least they will ignore him for a win"

if it happens great, ill be very happy. I just dont know how much power each person will have and i honestly believe the Jones boys dont care to win anymore.

Yah, I just cant buy the theory that Jones doenst care about winning. He appears to be like he really cares a lot. I just think he is an idiot when it comes to coaching. He doesnt value a head coach. I think making money is great consolation for him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen have just the HC they always wanted... a "say nothing", "do nothing", "know nothing" guy to is totally loyal to the
ownership. What's there nothing not to like about that scenario. When you live in a Jones "bubble" you only have to worry about
counting your money.

I agree. Garrett is the DREAM head coach for them. Keeps the players happy and takes all the heat when things go wrong. He relies on strong coordinators, or thinks they are, to run the football team and they control everything from above. Garrett is totally happy to play the puppet and turn his ego and his blind eye away. He is simply happy to have a job. He will defer to the coordinators and the Jonses at all times. In his press conferences, notice how much he says the word "we" when talking about decision making.