By my calculation, we lost or will lose 8 starters?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jerry once said a team will have 10/15/20% attrition after every season but more times than not they are mostly depth type. Well, we are trying to replace 8 potential starters. They can expect 2, maybe 3 (max) from the draft and from how things turned out last year, even that is not a slam dunk. We have some potential depth that can some, but not much. Just to be clear, they never get involved with free-agent signings via the first wave. They will wait for the market to bring certain players' value down and then sign them. I know it's not something many wanna see but it's how they roll.

BTW......As a few posters have stated, extending Dak weeks/months from now makes ZERO sense and replacing this many starting players with jags and/or rookies. If I didn't know better, I would think they are trying to sabotage this season ( just kidding coz we know better)

• RB.........replacement min
  • WR.........some depth
  • C.............Hoffman or Bass
  • LT............Tyler and Bass or Hoffman to LG
  • MLB........replacement min
  • CB...........replacement min
  • DE..........some depth
  • DT...........replacement min

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry once said a team will have 10/15/20% attrition after every season but more times than not they are mostly depth type. Well, we are trying to replace 8 potential starters. They can expect 2, maybe 3 (max) from the draft and from how things turned out last year, even that is not a slam dunk. We have some potential depth that can some, but not much. Just to be clear, they never get involved with free-agent signings via the first wave. They will wait for the market to bring certain players' value down and then sign them. I know it's not something many wanna see but it's how they roll.

BTW......As a few posters have stated, extending Dak weeks/months from now makes ZERO sense and replacing this many starting players with jags and/or rookies. If I didn't know better, I would think they are trying to sabotage this season ( just kidding coz we know better)

• WR.........some depth
  • DE..........some depth
This is a rebuild and add to that a 1-year lame-duck coaching staff/QB it is what it is!
If Dak isn't extended by tomorrow forget any deal unless he wins the SB.
Kinda looks like the old man is mad and is setting up Dakko for his last and major CHOKE JOB!!!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Couple side notes

• Interesting to see so many RB and G positions filled right out of the gate. Is the league trending back to the running game a bit?
  • One Twitter noted the WR position is stacked but very active on the first day.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This is a rebuild and add to that a 1-year lame-duck coaching staff/QB it is what it is!
If Dak isn't extended by tomorrow forget any deal unless he wins the SB.
Kinda looks like the old man is mad and is setting up Dakko for his last and major CHOKE JOB!!!
Yeah and by that time the per year deal he will want would be 70 million

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Couple side notes

• Interesting to see so many RB and G positions filled right out of the gate. Is the league trending back to the running game a bit?
  • One Twitter noted the WR position is stacked but very active on the first day.
No no no no I'll tell you what's happening, the WEAK draft class for running backs is what I saw reported is possibly why teams are making these moves

cristglo

Reaction score

• WR.........some depth
  • DE..........some depth
Very good post and I agree extending Dak in August Makes no sense and I would rather blow it up than to extend Dak that late in the season and handicap us in FA
I think Dak gives us the best chance with an extension where we can put upgraded pieces around him Having a good run game takes the pressure off Dak to make his stupid int Stopping the run an upgrading the LB will go a long way We have to many holes to fill and not enough draft picks I just hope that we don’t try to get cute in the draft and have another draft like last year

phildadon86

Reaction score

• WR.........some depth
  • DE..........some depth
What’s more scary. Cowboys dont have that many picks. And because they told the world about Brooks it wouldn’t shock me for someone to trade in front of us to get him.

Carson

Reaction score
Reality is outside of Tyron Smith it’s a big bag of meh.

Pollard = Average
Smith = Elite HOF when healthy
Biadasz = Will easily upgrade in the draft
Armstrong = Sam Williams
LVE = Upgrade was needed
Gilmore = Bland / Diggs

The glaring issue is, these idiots think they can fill all 8 needs via one draft

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Have faith............. I'm sure Jerry has a plan, one he will put into place whenever he decides to park his boat.

Just wait - Jerry is going to unleash hell upon all of his non-believers.

John813

Reaction score
When you got the best draft staff in the league, you can ignore free agency.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
When you got the best draft staff in the league, you can ignore free agency.
Or you go hop on a boat and sail to the Bahamas during FA because you don't have a clue what you're doing. Can't make stupid moves if you don't take part in FA.

RS12

Reaction score
Dont worry. They will fill those eight holes with the seven draft picks they have.