By my calculation, we lost or will lose 8 starters?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The boys MLB hasn't changed. LVE is still the starter with no backup.

They did lose 2 CB but diggs should be back. Now they just need a 3rd cb, preferably an outside corner opposite diggs

The wr room is changing with intent. Still have CD and cooks, but no reason to keep Gallup.

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score
Yea,.........this is exactly why they cant get pass the first round and havent won a chip since '95....same 'ole same 'ole Jerry.....

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Have faith............. I'm sure Jerry has a plan, one he will put into place whenever he decides to park his boat.

Just wait - Jerry is going to unleash hell upon all of his non-believers.
Good luck to Dallas finding easy replacements for Tyron and Biadasz. If it were that easy, every team would do it.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This is a rebuild and add to that a 1-year lame-duck coaching staff/QB it is what it is!
If Dak isn't extended by tomorrow forget any deal unless he wins the SB.
Kinda looks like the old man is mad and is setting up Dakko for his last and major CHOKE JOB!!!
It's a rebuild that needs to not be called a rebuild.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I did the numbers some weeks ago, but they could lose 14 players. 4 could be replaced in-house, however, they need 10 new solid football players via draft and FA.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did the calculation require algebra or calculus? If so, I'll just take your word for it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yup I'm always 50/50 I don't care! There were people in here saying they were going to blow them out lol lol are you serious? We're playing grown men not 6 graders!!
but I bet they played high school football.

We're stocking for next year when we get a new coach and QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry once said a team will have 10/15/20% attrition after every season but more times than not they are mostly depth type. Well, we are trying to replace 8 potential starters. They can expect 2, maybe 3 (max) from the draft and from how things turned out last year, even that is not a slam dunk. We have some potential depth that can some, but not much. Just to be clear, they never get involved with free-agent signings via the first wave. They will wait for the market to bring certain players' value down and then sign them. I know it's not something many wanna see but it's how they roll.

BTW......As a few posters have stated, extending Dak weeks/months from now makes ZERO sense and replacing this many starting players with jags and/or rookies. If I didn't know better, I would think they are trying to sabotage this season ( just kidding coz we know better)

• RB.........replacement min
  • WR.........some depth
  • C.............Hoffman or Bass
  • LT............Tyler and Bass or Hoffman to LG
  • MLB........replacement min
  • CB...........replacement min
  • DE..........some depth
  • DT...........replacement min
That is just the starters. I believe we have 14 free agents in total and we wasted a 4th round pick.

Big_D

Reaction score
This team is moving in the wrong direction. A golden opportunity the past few years and the Jones family put their usual stamp of disappointment on it. There’s a lot of holes here and even some that we didn’t lose could be upgraded. People assume they’re just going to keep winning 12 games every year but that number doesn’t look very promising at all at this point.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
We're all in guys, be positive. Don't worry about a tougher schedule, we're that good. Super bowl baby.