Bye week game thread

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
The Cowboys are in the same category as the Eagles. Two teams that have tremendous talent and haven’t won anything for more than five years. Tell me you didn’t think the Chiefs were not light years ahead of the Cowboys (and the Eagles) today. It is frustrating.
I don't get some of you, you're telling me right now you wouldn't take going to the Super Bowl and losing? That's what the Eagles did last year. I would take that for the Cowboys. It's better than losing in the wild card or divisional round every year.

Eagles are defending division champs, they are 6-1 while we're 4-2. They made the Super Bowl while we can't sniff one. Clearly they're better than us until we prove it against them. We get two chances to do so. Until then stop.

If you're just trying to say there's one Super Bowl winner and the rest of the teams all suck then fine I guess.

beacamdim

Reaction score
The Cowboys are in the same category as the Eagles. Two teams that have tremendous talent and haven’t won anything for more than five years. Tell me you didn’t think the Chiefs were not light years ahead of the Cowboys (and the Eagles) today. It is frustrating.
Haha way to cherry pick the cutoff -- for the Eagles the MOST it could be is five years. For the Cowboys you could go back 27!

tcc0808

Reaction score
I’ve spent enough time on these message boards to know Cowboys fans dreams are never accurate. There’s fans out there that actually believe the reason the Cowboys haven’t won a championship in almost 30 years is because of the league. They believe games are predetermined by the NFL. I’ve seen the threads! :laugh: Someone just referred to them as conspiracy crackpots which is exactly right. Lol I don’t know how anyone could enjoy watching the NFL believing what some fans believe. There’s a lot of bad calls, I get it, but that’s part of the game. Officiating is never going to be perfect.
I think the one thing “most” of the folks who visit or post on this board, is that we are Cowboys fans (at least I hope). We want them to win, we want to see success for the ‘boys, and we hate the other teams in the division. So yeah we ***** about officiating, we ***** about play calls, etc, but not sure anyone on this board is a crackpot! (Well maybe I am - or maybe it’s the whiskey)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Once again we won't know until the games are actually played. There are a bunch of experts who picked the Lions to beat the Ravens today, just for the Lions to get blown out of the building. The Eagles could be ready for the Cowboys or the Cowboys could get up for the Eagles like they have done a lot of the time in which the Eagles were viewed to have the better team. Wouldn't be the first time there was a "We have no chance against the Eagles" mindset from some on this board.
What I’m saying is Philly will be ready for us. That doesn’t guarantee they’ll play a great game but they’ll be ready and the same for us. I believe we were ready to play San Francisco, but they were just too good. Being ready and prepared doesn’t guarantee anything. We all know the NFL is an any given Sunday league. No one is saying the Cowboys don’t have a chance against Philly because they do. However, I think it’s going to be very difficult to beat them, with the offense we have and the redzone issues that are the worst I’ve seen in years with the Cowboys. I’m not sure our defense can handle their offense. They’re one of the top rushing teams and they have one of the most physical WRs in the game.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Well this thread went about as I expected:

1) guarantee Miami will win...(with no supporting argument or anything...just "Miami is too good, they will destroy this trash team"

2) then once the game doesn't go our way, just start complaining. Literally EVERY play the Eagles are getting away with murder! At least 300 posts WHINING about the refs.

3) once it becomes obvious the eagles will win....start rooting for injuries. Openly calling for Dolphins to take cheap shots and end seasons by "taking out knees"

4) once the game is over, simply discredit their win by doing complete 180 and declaring Miami was never good all along, thus the win means nothing! Jealousy. Weakness.

LOL. A whinier fanbase I have never seen. Complete loser mentality. ...and for the cherry on top, riddled with scumbag human beings who'd take joy in players suffering debilitating injuries and broken bones, many of whom are probably younger than ur own children

It's bad enough seeing them flex their muscles and show the league they're still the best team in the NFC. ...but to see our own fans just exhibit the most loser-ish behavior just rubs salt in the wound. I need to find a better quality of Cowboy fans

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

1) guarantee Miami will win...(with no supporting argument or anything...just "Miami is too good, they will destroy this trash team"

2) then once the game doesn't go our way, just start complaining. Literally EVERY play the Eagles are getting away with murder! At least 300 posts WHINING about the refs.

3) once it becomes obvious the eagles will win....start rooting for injuries. Openly calling for Dolphins to take cheap shots and end seasons by "taking out knees"

4) once the game is over, simply discredit their win by doing complete 180 and declaring Miami was never good all along, thus the win means nothing! Jealousy. Weakness.

LOL. A whinier fanbase I have never seen. Complete loser mentality. ...and for the cherry on top, riddled with scumbag human beings who'd take joy in players suffering debilitating injuries and broken bones, many of whom are probably younger than ur own children

It's bad enough seeing them flex their muscles and show the league they're still the best team in the NFC. ...but to see our own fans just exhibit the most loser-ish behavior just rubs salt in the wound. I need to find a better quality of Cowboy fans

There's only one fan wishing injuries on opposing players and other Cowboys fans on this forum have called him out on that including myself.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't get some of you, you're telling me right now you wouldn't take going to the Super Bowl and losing? That's what the Eagles did last year. I would take that for the Cowboys. It's better than losing in the wild card or divisional round every year.

Eagles are defending division champs, they are 6-1 while we're 4-2. They made the Super Bowl while we can't sniff one. Clearly they're better than us until we prove it against them. We get two chances to do so. Until then stop.

If you're just trying to say there's one Super Bowl winner and the rest of the teams all suck then fine I guess.
Everyone would. It would be a tremendous accomplishment. But winning the Super Bowl is all any team’s fans want or will remember.

tcc0808

Reaction score

Must be fun being on top of the mountain looking down on everyone else…..

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
There's only one fan wishing injuries on opposing players and other Cowboys fans on this forum have called him out on that including myself.
Not true. I saw 3 today just in this game...and have seen many many more...rooting for 9er injuries, eagle injuries, Jets injuries....even the poor Cardinals game.

Can't really brush it under the rug.

And then karma strikes and our own players get hurt

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

You’re the biggest Eagles fan there is posting here. You know you’re not actually fooling anyone here, right?

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Not true. I saw 3 today just in this game...and have seen many many more...rooting for 9er injuries, eagle injuries, Jets injuries....even the poor Cardinals game.

Can't really brush it under the rug.

And then karma strikes and our own players get hurt
Do you really believe that because some people called for injuries for players on other teams on this forum that fate can intervene and make our own players get hurt? Man, you must be smoking some good stuff.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Do you really believe that because some people called for injuries for players on other teams on this forum that fate can intervene and make our own players get hurt? Man, you must be smoking some good stuff.
Well......there's nothing wrong with enjoying vegetables

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Again the NFL is a week to week league. This is the same Eagles team who lost to the Jets last week. So no one always knows which teams will show up until the games are played.
Yeah, I thought SF looked “unbeatable” after they destroyed us (I know they wouldn’t go undefeated realistically), and they got beat the next week lol. It just looks like Philly better than us, harder nosed, more disciplined and more willing to do what it takes.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought SF looked “unbeatable” after they destroyed us (I know they wouldn’t go undefeated realistically), and they got beat the next week lol. It just looks like Philly better than us, harder nosed, more disciplined and more willing to do what it takes.
I got 49ers bouncing back tomorrow just like Eagles did. Neither are unbeatable, but they're the least beatable along with the Chiefs.