Bye week game thread

tcc0808

Reaction score
Philly was called for penalties, the Dolphins declined them. Tell the whole story and then whine. I’ll join you in whining, but at least be honest first. Now…leave me to my sentiments. B-O-O H-O-O. Woe is me.
The offsetting “offsides” penalty was weird for sure. And AGAIN, the lack of accepted penalties on the Eagirls didn’t have a significant impact on the outcome of the game (seemingly). It MAY have had an impact on the quality/competitiveness of the game.

beacamdim

Reaction score
Peter Schrager
@PSchrags
With all that happened in the NFC today … Giants are now somehow 1.5 games out of a Wildcard spot. The NFL!

Giants have looked awful at a lot of times, but they have been destroyed by injuries on the OL and have played an absolutely brutal schedule. If they get their players back, and pick up some of the more winnable games as their schedule eases up, they could plausibly crawl back into the mix for the final wild card in a weak NFC.

Carson

Reaction score
Philly was called for penalties, the Dolphins declined them. Tell the whole story and then whine. I’ll join you in whining, but at least be honest first. Now…leave me to my sentiments. B-O-O H-O-O. Woe is me.
What? I answered the question? I didn’t complain or say anything regarding this?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I know exactly what I’m talking about. We were called for offsides on a brotherly shove play because the LG’s hand was in the neutral zone, but it was offsetting because the Dline was in the neutral zone as well.

Except that wasn’t the LG’s hand, it was Kelce’s other hand, they have different gloves on intentionally so you can tell. The center is of course allowed in the neutral zone, so it was a completely blown call.

This is further emphasized as a terrible call because it’s easily noticeable as the ref sees it before the plays starts, it’s not bang-bang. This actually happened earlier in the year too, Eagles sent the tape into the league and they owned up to the bad call and said they’d look out for it, the reason they wear different colored gloves. Kelce ranted about it on his podcast And then they just did blew the same call again.

So yes, I know what I’m talking about
I don’t think you do. You say you do. I don’t believe it. It sounds like you’re whining. Just saying.

tcc0808

Reaction score
Peter Schrager
@PSchrags
With all that happened in the NFC today … Giants are now somehow 1.5 games out of a Wildcard spot. The NFL!

Giants have looked awful at a lot of times, but they have been destroyed by injuries on the OL and have played an absolutely brutal schedule. If they get their players back, and pick up some of the more winnable games as their schedule eases up, they could plausibly crawl back into the mix for the final wild card in a weak NFC.
The NFL is so weird!!! Haha

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
You also said Hurts' two turnovers weren't his fault which is laughable. So there goes your credibility.
Lol my credibility is just fine. The first turnover, the ball was knocked out from behind by a pass rusher… the second one. It was a pass, tipped by the pass rusher that bounced rate to the dolphin linebacker who ran it in. I don’t know what you were watching.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I don’t believe it either. But it is weird certain teams seem to get calls more their way. Or missed calls.
I seen a lot of it today that changed the shape of the game. And games I did not care overall who won or lost.

Just a lot of piss poor reffed games.

Also the game Dallas beat Philly last year, Dallas got a few questionable calls their way.
The worst call, I can remember ever seeing was when we fumbled the opening kick off, the Eagles recovered it… Commercial break… Comes back, and we have the ball… I’m like LOL… We won that game in overtime.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully Cowboys’ fans’ dreams are accurate. The Eagles are actually terrible and it’s only the officials that make them a good team. Sounds right to me. It’s always that way. Cowboys are freaking great, the Philadelphia Eagles blow. It’s the officials that are the difference. Every year. Now that I think about it, I’m sure of it.
I’ve spent enough time on these message boards to know Cowboys fans dreams are never accurate. There’s fans out there that actually believe the reason the Cowboys haven’t won a championship in almost 30 years is because of the league. They believe games are predetermined by the NFL. I’ve seen the threads! :laugh: Someone just referred to them as conspiracy crackpots which is exactly right. Lol I don’t know how anyone could enjoy watching the NFL believing what some fans believe. There’s a lot of bad calls, I get it, but that’s part of the game. Officiating is never going to be perfect.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
What bad calls against the Eagirls tonight? Agree on the offsides
The only bad call I can remember was when they were call for outside because the refs seem to think that Kelsey’s left hand was the guards hand… Refs suck, but they suck equally for everyone. And again, the dolphins just played stupid football… How many times can you line up offside

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I think it’s just the Chiefs. 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles….if you had to live on the difference between any of them you’d starve to death.
Why are you putting the Cowboys in that category? For one, the other 3 literally only have 1 loss the Cowboys have 2. And one of the losses was to the Cardinals who hasn't won another game. Their other loss was to a team you're trying to put them in the same category as, and they beat us 42-10. There's no justification for ranking the Cowboys that high other than homerism. We haven't beaten anybody that great either.

Put them in that category if they sweep the Eagles maybe, until then no.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The NFL has been and will always be a week to week league. The Jets didn’t get the Eagles best game but you can almost guarantee the Cowboys will. They’re going to be geared up for us and if we can’t match their intensity and physicality
the game may likely be a repeat of what San Francisco did to us.
Nah you can't really guarantee anything in the NFL. Who had the Niners losing to the Browns after what they did to Dallas? Also the Cowboys and Dak have played well against the Eagles for the most part and them having trouble beating the 49ers hasn't changed this from happening.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nah you can't really guarantee anything in the NFL. Who had the Niners losing to the Browns after what they did to Dallas? Also the Cowboys and Dak have played well against the Eagles for the most part and them having trouble beating the 49ers hasn't changed this from happening.
I agree you can’t guarantee anything or even almost guarantee anything, but I know Philly will be ready for us. I’m sure we’ll be ready as well, but can we stop them? I have some serious doubts. I’m sure we were ready for San Francisco, but they were just way better than us.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
People on this board repeat it constantly "it's a week to week league" yet the 3 best teams last year are the 3 best teams this year, 2 of them being the 2 teams in the Super Bowl and the other who lost in the NFC Championship game. Yes they've all 3 suffered a loss but it's more like there's no perfect team but they're just more consistent than any other team thus better. They're 6-1, 6-1 and 5-1.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I agree you can’t guarantee anything or even almost guarantee anything, but I know Philly will be ready for us. I’m sure we’ll be ready as well, but can we stop them? I have some serious doubts. I’m sure we were ready for San Francisco, but they were just way better than us.
Once again we won't know until the games are actually played. There are a bunch of experts who picked the Lions to beat the Ravens today, just for the Lions to get blown out of the building. The Eagles could be ready for the Cowboys or the Cowboys could get up for the Eagles like they have done a lot of the time in which the Eagles were viewed to have the better team. Wouldn't be the first time there was a "We have no chance against the Eagles" mindset from some on this board.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Why are you putting the Cowboys in that category? For one, the other 3 literally only have 1 loss the Cowboys have 2. And one of the losses was to the Cardinals who hasn't won another game. Their other loss was to a team you're trying to put them in the same category as, and they beat us 42-10. There's no justification for ranking the Cowboys that high other than homerism. We haven't beaten anybody that great either.

Put them in that category if they sweep the Eagles maybe, until then no.
The Cowboys are in the same category as the Eagles. Two teams that have tremendous talent and haven’t won anything for more than five years. Tell me you didn’t think the Chiefs were not light years ahead of the Cowboys (and the Eagles) today. It is frustrating.