Byron Jones - 2nd team all-pro, first year as a CB

conner01

Reaction score
I will admit I wanted him to succeed and thought he would at FS.

I was very wrong, and in retrospect I know better. FS is an instinctual position that requires seeing the whole field and reacting a certain way. Jones is an insane athlete who can run and react with anyone in this league, and is better suited one on one with a player.
I thought he would be good there but playing in space is really different
I knew he could play CB since he did as a rookie along with every other position

davidariust24

Reaction score
Just once again, how did this team waste him at FS for years?

Congrats to Byron. He's going to cost us a fortune.
If he is going to cost us a fortune package him up and trade for patrick peterson. I'd rather have someone dominate who will get picks if I'm going to pay a ton of money. Jones is good at knocking the ball down but of he cant take that next step I cant see playing him

speedkilz88

Reaction score

DwFdHe2WkAA_Q1I.jpg

J817

Reaction score

Not hating on your assessment, but has anyone considered that perhaps his time at FS helped him become the player we see today. We saw Byron at corner in his first year and he was average (not bad, but just ok). It had to be one of the factors that made them move him permanently to FS in his second year.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I would add to that all the board experts claiming he wasn’t a CB and “didn’t have the hips....did nothing at UConn, et cetera.”
Board experts??? Try NFL experts...Be grateful he proved everyone wrong

I think it's funny that you perceive that you have more worth and insight than those who matter

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Don't forget X. Woods closing out the season as the #5 FS per PFF.

K. Richard is a talented man, a great coach, and we need to make sure we keep him around. He turned Byron from a subpar safety into an elite CB, and X. Woods from a #2 FS to a top 5 guy in the league.
Nobody cares. They just want old, injured Earl Thomas. It’ll take a multiple int playoff game by Xavier for people to get off the Earl Thomas thing.

conner01

Reaction score
Not hating on your assessment, but has anyone considered that perhaps his time at FS helped him become the player we see today. We saw Byron at corner in his first year and he was average (not bad, but just ok). It had to be one of the factors that made them move him permanently to FS in his second year.
They thought he could be the next earl thomss
Super athlete with cover skills it wasn’t a completely dumb idea
But covering a wr at the Los and running with him is just not the same as covering in space
I get why they thought it would work but in reality we wasted a couple years with him

The Natural

Reaction score

Sorry but defensive backs with 2 career interceptions dont cost a fortune. This team would be foolish to break the bank.

Jstopper

Reaction score
I would say him making the pro bowl and second team all pro is ridiculous.

14 pass defensed and 0 ints does not suggest this type awards.

This is fan logic. He is barely targeted which is why he has so few passes defended, because he is on the WR like white on rice. Fans wanna see flashy picks, but Byron just takes his side of the field away. Which is elite.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
This is fan logic. He is barely targeted which is why he has so few passes defended, because he is on the WR like white on rice. Fans wanna see flashy picks, but Byron just takes his side of the field away. Which is elite.

"bUt mY iNtErCePtiOnZ"

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would add to that all the board experts claiming he wasn’t a CB and “didn’t have the hips....did nothing at UConn, et cetera.”
Back before training camp I predicted he would go to the Pro Bowl at CB Most of the responses I received were "he sucks".