Byron Jones hip surgery

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Should be within a week of the season ending in general, not months later.

Not necessarily. I mean, sometimes there are medical reasons why you don't want to have certain medical procedures done right after the season. Sometimes you have things like family issues or vacations or what have you, that are planned that you want to do and medical procedures basically prevent this. I mean, they have lives as well and you can't really ask them to put all that on ignore because that's why you play. You do this so you can put yourself in position to enjoy these kinds of things. To me, the important thing is to get these procedures done and be ready to play the next season. If that's no in jeopardy, I'm OK with the timing of this. JMO though.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Not necessarily. I mean, sometimes there are medical reasons why you don't want to have certain medical procedures done right after the season. Sometimes you have things like family issues or vacations or what have you, that are planned that you want to do and medical procedures basically prevent this. I mean, they have lives as well and you can't really ask them to put all that on ignore because that's why you play. You do this so you can put yourself in position to enjoy these kinds of things. To me, the important thing is to get these procedures done and be ready to play the next season. If that's no in jeopardy, I'm OK with the timing of this. JMO though.

Not to mention trying a non surgical approach to see if that fixes the problem. Surgery should always be a last resort.

LittleD

Reaction score
If he's ready for TC, I don't care.

I'm not here to play doctor, and frankly, none of you should be either.

The problem with that is that he misses all the pre-work before TC like weights, running, and flexibility work. He comes to TC
way behind. He should have had the surgery in January if he was a team player first.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Almost seems like some of these guys are killing their trade value on purpose.

I don't see that as the case here. There is little to suggest the trade rumor thing is true with him.

Wish he had done it sooner though.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m thinking CB in round 2 is a big possibility. The team seems to undervalue Lewis and I think Byron is gone after this year.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The problem with that is that he misses all the pre-work before TC like weights, running, and flexibility work. He comes to TC
way behind. He should have had the surgery in January if he was a team player first.

He'll be fine and starting day one.

People see "surgery" and think these players are going to be paralyzed. Calm down.