Byron Jones is a building block we need

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All year i've seen busted coverages and big plays.

I know many of you didn't want to pay him because of the lack of turnovers but looking around the league corners who are elite like he was that lack turnovers still got paid by their team.

We chose guys like Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke, and Jaylon Smith over a guy that can match up against any WR in the league and play inside or outside at corner and slow them down.

We've taken a lot of L's this year but losing Byron Jones was a big one.

Watching Worley out there last night and the technique he used on the Kirk TD is just an embarrassment. How is he a pro?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really don't get the Cooper hate. And his contract isn't all that bad either.

Cooper is as skilled of a player as i've seen..

My problems with Cooper though are..

1. Checks out of games a lot... Even in big moments.

2. Started making business decisions on possession routes..

3. Gets sulky and has that Marty B body language..

4. Disappears on the road.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What? Did you ever actually watch Byron Jones play? He's one of the best tackling corners in the league.

PFF is PFF, but he graded first in tackling amongst corners last year.

Yep.. He was a big physical corner that could run like a deer.

The only thing missing for Byron Jones was hype. He was just a quiet do your job kind of guy.

The games he had against Michael Thomas should've earned him a contract for this team but we let him go.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You’re right. Signing Jaylon and Zeke over Byron were massive mistakes.

Just massive

Lawrence I’m willing to still hold out hope on. Nolan needs to pull his head out of his A and let Lawrence play with his hand in the dirt.

2 point stands is killing Lawrence’s game.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry felt compelled to resign Cooper because he spent a 1st round pick on him. He’s not worth 20 million per and he’s actually surplus to Lamb and Gallup, who are the better receivers.

We have to keep him through next year, but I’m sure he’ll be released before the 2022 season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I know many of you didn't want to pay him because of the lack of turnovers but looking around the league corners who are elite like he was that lack turnovers still got paid by their team.

We chose guys like Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke, and Jaylon Smith over a guy that can match up against any WR in the league and play inside or outside at corner and slow them down.

Watching Worley out there last night and the technique he used on the Kirk TD is just an embarrassment. How is he a pro?

With all that...………..what did you call it?...…………………."DALTON EFFICIENCY" we were supposed to see last night we are going to need Byron Jones at every position on defense.

Is that the first time you watched Worley or the D last night because they have been this bad all year long. Were you impressed by the play of your hero THE RED ROOSTER?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Jerry felt compelled to resign Cooper because he spent a 1st round pick on him. He’s not worth 20 million per and he’s actually surplus to Lamb and Gallup, who are the better receivers.

We have to keep him through next year, but I’m sure he’ll be released before the 2022 season.

Gallup is not a better receiver than Cooper. Lamb isn’t yet either. Though he may pass him one day.

visionary

Reaction score

I’m still waiting for Cowboys fans to understand how a good football team is built

1. QB
2. OL
3. DL (need to have at least 1 great DT and 1 great DE)
4. RB
5. Great TE
6. WR
7. MLB
8. Ball hawking safety

then the rest

until we understand this things won’t change

learn to build a team not pay your favorite CB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
With all that...………..what did you call it?...…………………."DALTON EFFICIENCY" we were supposed to see last night we are going to need Byron Jones at every position on defense.

Is that the first time you watched Worley or the D last night because they have been this bad all year long. Were you impressed by the play of your hero THE RED ROOSTER?

Dalton was the 4th or 5th problem on the team last night.

I'm glad you're rejoicing today that Dalton couldn't put together a prettier loss like Dak does.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for Cowboys fans to understand how a good football team is built

1. QB
2. OL
4. RB
5. Great TE
6. WR
7. MLB
8. Ball hawking safety

then the rest

WE are a Fantasy Football machine for and against us lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dalton was the 4th or 5th problem on the team last night.

I'm glad you're rejoicing today that Dalton couldn't put together a prettier loss like Dak does.

LOL...…..amazing, yet Dak was always the problem. All of sudden you see other problems then the QB now? :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

You need to stop talking about defense as you have zero credibility. Werent you the guy saying that Dalton would make the defense better?

Dalton, I guess he just isn't the "difference maker" you thought he was?

Delete your account.

aria

Reaction score
Half the reason he didn’t get picks was because he was rarely targeted. So what even if he didn’t, he only took out other teams best receivers on a regular basis in a passing league but that wasn’t good enough for some fans.

They bought into the zeke hype and thought a RB is more valuable than a CB and that CB’s are easily replaceable.

Miami is playing some decent ball, I’m happy for Byron and I bet he’s happy he got away from this toxic circus.

Creeper

Reaction score
I really don't get the Cooper hate. And his contract isn't all that bad either.

He has a $12 million cap hit this year but $22 million next year. He is a good receiver, but they don't need him. CeeDee will be better and ill be a more competitive receiver once he becomes the #1.

ghst187

Reaction score

1. QB
2. OL
4. RB
5. Great TE
6. WR
7. MLB
8. Ball hawking safety

then the rest

you forgot one of the top 2....competent coaching staff....